PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from my last couple sessions

Nachie
28-11-2011, 03:06
Nothing fancy, just taken on my phone. If people are actually into it I might add more to this thread as time goes by; we're playing once a week lately.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/296382_10150321107856516_547576515_8143331_9386485 56_n.jpg

Getting ready for the first session: Doboshova's Inn!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/296912_10150340647001516_547576515_8269980_2113030 394_n.jpg

In a high snowy pass along the World's Edge Mountains, the brave warriors attack a small garrison of Night Goblins guarding a secret entrance to the ruined Dwarf hold of Karak Azgal.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/379068_10150340647081516_547576515_8269982_6515497 29_n.jpg

Death Below Karak Azgal: After spending half the session backtracking to the Well of Doom to retrieve the Berserker Sword they had used to weigh down a chest covering the opening from which giant spiders had been pouring out, the warriors encounter several unexpected events in a row and are ambushed by what must have seemed like a never-ending tide of greenskins!

Necanthrope
28-11-2011, 10:15
Looks great!
It's always good to see someone playing WHQ. The only thing I can say is, get those dungeon doors painted and go round the edges of your board sections with a black marker.

You'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes.

Are you playing through the Karak azgal adventure from the rpg book or is this one you've written yourself?

Nachie
28-11-2011, 15:47
Yeah, I really gotta get those doors done haha (and the HeroQuest furniture!) I'm sort of without a good place to paint right now unfortunately, but as soon as I can salvage a good desk from somewhere I'll be spending the rest of the winter on little projects like that. I have a ton of peasant NPC figures that need to be painted up, too!

That's a great idea about the board sections, it'll especially help with the ones from White Dwarf I think since those tend to have a bit more "fuzz" around the edges... I've also been using a lot of "D&D" maps by various companies. I wish the "dungeon tile fad" had been around when WHQ had first come out, but of course we all know who did it best ;)

We're playing through the Karak Azgal adventure in the RPG Book, but there have been some differences because I'm running a much more in depth campaign. First of all, the warriors all met each other at an Inn in the Border Princes where they were captured by an evil witch and had to escape, forming the basis of their first little adventure. Without that intro and some of the items they picked up from it (plus the visit to a settlement in between) I don't think they would have made it this far into Death Below Karak Azgal (they're almost through the second Deep).

The Witch Hunter and the Warrior Priest had originally been traveling together investigating disappearances in the area when the very witch they were looking for took them prisoner. The Wizard had travelled all the way from Altdorf investigating the attempted theft of the Grimoire Necris by one Alberto Laranscheld, but Laranscheld's father's minion, the hunchback Luthor, had enlisted the help of the witch - who had already been performing sacrifices for the family, leading to the disappearances - to try and kill the Wizard. So the players have already met Luthor briefly, and by overhearing conversations are somewhat aware of the existence of Gunther Laranscheld.

The Barbarian was originally traveling with a Dwarf named Rorek Grunnson, who he had spent many months at sea with. Whilst in Barak Varr they learned that Rorek's cousin Ironbeard was now head of the Grunnson clan, and Rorek set off towards Karaz-a-Karak to find out what happened to his cousin's father and grandfather (Grimcrag and Ungrun, respectively). Rorek was killed dramatically in the witch's inn, and with his dying words asked the Barbarian character to carry on and find out what was happening, which gave the all-human party an "in" with the Grunnson clan and led to their accepting the quest to go into Karak Azgal. I've also been using the Karak Azgal sourcebook from WHFRP, and given everything a lot more depth than just "OK, roll three event hazards and you're there".

If the warriors succeed, they will be joined back at Karaz-a-Karak by the captain of a Dwarf patrol that they had met on their way into the stronghold earlier. This should be fun, since we'll have a party of five warriors which means I can throw even MORE nasty stuff at them!

I'm also setting up Lair of the Orc Lord: the warriors heard of a growing Orc power in Fredrickburg, the first settlement they went to. By the time they get to the next settlement (which should also be nearby to Karaz-a-Karak) they will meet refugees from Fredrickburg, which was completely wiped out by Gorgut's forces. They've also fought and wounded Skabnoze, and the new Dwarf player will enter the game a little early as he encounters the wounded Shaman while on patrol in the mountains, being helped to safety by a host of Gorgut's minions.

When the warriors get to this next town I think I'll run "For Love or Money" from WHFRP Plundered Vaults and then have them attacked by a full WHFB-sized Orc army and have to defend the town with just a few members of the garrison and militia to help out. Once they survive this they should be prepared to track the retreating Orcs back to Mt. Gunbad and play through Lair of the Orc Lord (unless they decide to do something else, of course).

I've got a lot of stuff planned for the future, but what I'm really looking forward to the most is that I've started converting the Paths of the Damned WHFRP campaign into WHQ :)

Here's another picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/166961_10150356255266516_547576515_8347794_2114250 398_n.jpg

The warriors are ambushed by zombies shortly after slaying a Mummy in the Halls of the Dead.

Mister Magister
01-12-2011, 09:45
Holy moly, that sounds like an ace campaign! Good show, sir!

Purplebeard
05-12-2011, 10:23
Great. It is nice to see some game pics!

Ironmonger
06-12-2011, 06:21
Moarpixplezthnx...

Nachie
07-12-2011, 03:45
Thanks everybody :)

Didn't take any pictures this last session, but the warriors made it through most of the 3rd deep in Death Below Karak Azgal and the Warrior Priest crushed Skrunch the Black Orc in one hit with a to-hit roll of six from his warhammer and a damage roll of double fives! Also notable was that the Wizard defeated Alberto Laranscheld the necromancer he had been chasing since Altdorf in single hand-to-hand combat.

This coming Sunday they'll probably rescue Grimcrag Grunnson and the party will be joined by a new Dwarf player before we take a two week break for the holidays. I'll be sure to take some pics of our next session!

Nachie
14-12-2011, 06:09
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/381330_10150413449246516_547576515_8528324_3308248 23_n.jpg

Buliwyf Stonecrusher leads a patrol of Dwarf clansmen from Karaz-a-Karak against a column of Night Goblins traversing the World's Edge Mountains on their way to bolster the forces of the Orc warlord, Gorgut. The Goblins drag along with them the badly-wounded Orc Shaman, Skabnoze, who clutches in his claw the Doom of Grishnak, an amulet stolen from the corpse of Ungrun Grunnson in Karak Azgal.

Necanthrope
14-12-2011, 10:46
Looking really good! What rules did you settle on for the clansmen in the end?
And are you making those outdoor floorplans yourself or are they commercially available?

Keep the pictures coming, please!

Nachie
15-12-2011, 05:01
Thanks! I used the stats for clansmen from Citadel Journal, which are:

W: 5
M: 3
S: 3
T: 4
WS: 4
BS: 4+
I: 2
A: 1
Dmg: 1D6

Except I totally forgot about their move of 3, which didn't really change the game much since the goblins ended up getting first strike anyway when the Dwarf player decided to charge rabidly instead of trying to sneak up on the gobbos.

I also gave the Dwarfs a point of armor from their shields, which in retrospect was probably too much of a buff. The Dwarfs wiped out the whole column, including a Big Boss (with only one point of armor) and a shaman, and only lost three of their own number. A few more were badly injured, but all in all it was a pretty one-sided conflict. I allowed the Dwarf player to start with a healing potion (2D6) which he needed after getting hit by a particularly nasty spell, but that was really the only spotty moment.

Skabnoze was being dragged by three goblins who could only move 2 inches a turn, but all they needed was to be able to escape off of a board edge and they managed to do that right as the rest of their buddies were getting cut down, so all-in-all the encounter served its purpose very well.

Those outdoor tiles are from Set D of the Reversible Gaming Tiles by Rackham, which is unfortunately not a company anymore so the sets are OOP and relatively hard to find (though maybe not so much in Europe, since Rackham was a French company). I believe they originally went to a miniature skirmish game called Cadwallon. Some of them (the urban exteriors tiles) are not that great in my opinion, but the outdoor ones are beautiful and they can all be flipped over to portray the same setting but at night time, which is fun. Best of all, they are 12x12 which is much more luxurious than any of the standard WHQ tiles.

I've also been using a lot of tiles and maps from D&D, and having a blast with those. Anyone interested in new resources for tiles, I did a thread about it here:

http://bwarhammerquest.runboard.com/t90389

I also use lots of Paizo flipmats, also discussed in the above thread. Since WHQ came out there has actually been a "tile revolution" in roleplaying, and now is really the best time to be collecting maps and stuff!

Our group isn't going to meet again for a few weeks unfortunately but I'll definitely keep posting photos here as I remember to take them!

Necanthrope
15-12-2011, 10:20
Wow, nice work on the Museum thread! I think I've decided where my christmas bonus is going!

Daniel36
16-12-2011, 11:26
First off, kudos for creating so much more than just a simple dungeon dash. The way you incorporate an actual storyline and use those Rackham tiles to good effect, it must be a joy to play in your campaign. You managed to draw me in just by typing about it and showing some pics.

Smart use of dungeon tiles as well! Seeing all those in action, I would almost consider going back to grid based for my skirmish RPG game. I won't, but it looks really nice.

Nachie
19-12-2011, 02:46
Thanks for the kind words, y'all.

Right now my game is very limited by storage space and the fact that we just play on a big piece of a plywood set on a couple sawhorses in my buddy's garage, with a black tablecloth overtop. I've had a blast playing WHQ with full 3D terrain in the past, and hopefully I can find some folks to do that with in the near future, or maybe even get an opportunity to make some of my own.

Way back when Mordheim came out (well, it wasn't really that long ago) my friend and I got so inspired by the setting that we made a ton of ruined buildings and played a never-ending campaign where the warriors were constantly defending a half-wrecked city from a large Skaven horde. This was like a singular highlight of my early gaming career (I was probably about 14 at the time), and I yearn to someday recreate those scenarios.

Stay tuned in three weeks or so for updates on how the conversion of the WFRP adventure For Love Or Money goes, and on the other side of that a massive siege scenario including war machines and chariots. For more info on where this campaign is going, see this thread: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325563

Purplebeard
26-12-2011, 13:27
This sounds promising! :D

Nachie
09-01-2012, 15:52
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/393682_10150459765461516_547576515_8747768_1881935 230_n.jpg

Hired by a local noble to retrieve his daughter from the charismatic bandit leader she has run away with, the warriors enter the thieves' hideout and discover something much more sinister is afoot...

Necanthrope
10-01-2012, 14:05
Good to see you're still playing Nachie.

Lets see some action shots though! :D

Purplebeard
11-01-2012, 21:43
Yes - action shots!

Nachie
16-01-2012, 07:08
Action shots, eh? Ask and you shall receive! I apologize in that these are just some quick photos taken during gameplay from my POV as GM, so I tend to just get a lot of the backs of models ;)

Tonight was also the first time I started using critical hit tables adapted from the Mordheim rules, and I have to say that they were absolutely fantastic. Still need some tweaking, but I doubt I'll ever play WHQ without them again!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/406930_10150472821816516_547576515_8792029_2308241 95_n.jpg

Carrying the sick and apparently pregnant Julianne back to town, the warriors are ambushed by a Rat Ogre and several clanrats intent on recapturing her.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/388322_10150472821891516_547576515_8792030_1123365 367_n.jpg

A vicious melee breaks out on the ground floor of the Dustermann estate.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/394254_10150472821941516_547576515_8792031_2064843 027_n.jpg

As the town watch arrives to secure the ground floor, the warriors move upstairs to see that the Skaven have fought their way into Bela Dustermann's study, where the noble has tied his daughter down to a table and seems to be performing some dark ritual over her.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/394203_10150472821956516_547576515_8792032_1175112 708_n.jpg

Shortly after the warriors arrive to finish off the Skaven chieftan, Julianne completes her horrific transformation into a mutant of Chaos. Watching the players' reactions as I described her mutations and placed the miniature on the board has got to be one of the more rewarding experiences I've ever had as a GM.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/394495_10150472822031516_547576515_8792033_1157472 282_n.jpg

Buliwyf Stonecrusher and Simon Weimar are both knocked to zero wounds during a particularly harrowing turn of the climactic battle.

Purplebeard
16-01-2012, 09:17
Hehe nasty! :D

Necanthrope
17-01-2012, 16:27
Looks fantastic Nachie!
Id love to play in your campaign, it seems to fold together the best bits of an rpg and WHQ.

Nachie
17-01-2012, 18:53
Thank you, that's a huge compliment.

My "homebrew" of rules is still very much a work in progress, but it's coming along nicely and I do pride myself very much on providing a unique experience for my players. I'm also keeping a pretty detailed journal of the campaign (just visible in the bottom corner of the widest shot from this last set), which is an immense pleasure to flip back through and I'm hoping will become it's own sourcebook for many years to come.

Daemonslave
17-01-2012, 19:30
Some nice stuff in here. Always good to see lots of WHQ logs on the go. I like the action shots, looks like you have some really fun games. Keep us updated! :)

benvoliothefirst
20-01-2012, 20:36
This is awesome. Great, great stuff. I like that you've got the HeroQuest GM shield in the pics there, brings back many fond memories. I'm also very interested to hear how you use different bits of the game framework from HeroQuest, WHQ, Mordheim etc. I've often thought about doing something similar. Keep it up!

If only I didn't have to go to a stupid job everyday, this is the kind of stuff I'd be up to! Don't know how you find the time. Keep it up!

Nachie
21-01-2012, 05:44
Thanks! :)

It IS very time-consuming... luckily I have a real passion for it, but I still usually end up less prepared than I wish I was. The next campaign I run will benefit immensely from all the preparation and experience I've gone through with this one. The HQ screen is great because it's thematically appropriate, but my long-term goal is to make a custom one from a spare WHQ box, with to-hit matrices and stuff like that on the other side...

I was recently asked about my custom rulesets on another forum, and here's what I wrote back to that guy:

The main thing I would say is that you absolutely need a GM. A lot of people extoll the virtues of WHQ for being able to be played without a GM, but personally I wouldn't ever even attempt it - because it just isn't anywhere near as fun. The whole key to the game is to have a GM who is immersed in the setting and personally dedicated to giving their players a good experience. To this end, I have spent a good amount of time researching other games like D&D and even watching youtube videos of people playing D&D just to get ideas for how I want my games to flow. This can be as general as seeing different ways GM's present situations to more specific like appreciating the tactical complexities of attacks that push people back a certain number of squares, for instance.

As far as immersion in the setting, I've used a lot of stuff from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It's by far the most detailed source material ever released by GW, and it works beautifully with WHQ. Some people ask me why I don't just play WFRP, but WHQ is a lot more fun, has more combat, and has miniatures!

In the last session, my Barbarian player thought to search the corpses of some Skaven, so I had him find some warptokens, which of course he didn't recognize. The Dwarf player might have known what they were, but he never asked to see them or anything so... the Barbarian pocketed the strange things and now I'm sure at some point I'll use them as a plot hook where he either gets a mutation from them or gets in trouble with the law for having them. This is the sort of thing that can only happen with a GM!

Here's some more specific stuff, though:

I've added critical hit tables for the monsters, adapted from Mordheim

I'm going to start awarding Insanity Points like in WFRP

I've added an extra phase to the turn which comes right after the monster's phase and I call reaction phase. This is the warriors' last chance to heal each other or whatever before the end of the turn.

I incorporate quite a bit of stuff from Mordheim and WHFB, as it suits me. I use a lot of outdoor scenarios and improvise leadership tests for NPCs as I feel appropriate. I use the range rules for missile weapons from WHFB (such as modifiers for shooting at models behind cover, or at over half the maximum range) and also certain movement rules such as being able to march 2x your movement if no other actions are taken, or charge your movement +1d6 inches to get into combat. On other things, like mounted models or climbing up ladders, I use the Mordheim rules. My whole game is really just one huge playtest, and as GM I make situations and rules as simple or complex as I need them to be to create the pace of narrative I want for the session.

Somewhat like in D&D, warriors are only allowed one "move action" (usually including any acrobatics they may want to do along the way), one "main action" (such as attacking, but could be lifting a heavy object or whatever), and one "minor action" (like drawing a different weapon, or using a magical item) per turn.

I rarely use the random tables for settlement events and stuff like that; it's almost always just pre-written according to what I want to happen in the campaign, although I do keep most of the dice rolls up to the players.

I've nerfed a few of the Wizard's spells, for instance by making it so that he can only cast one of each spell a turn, offensive spells only during his part of the warrior's phase, and some spells (like healing hands or freeze!) only affect targets his model can see.

That's some of the key stuff I've come up with, I'll try to remember some more and keep you updated if I can.

EDIT ADD: This last session, the warriors fought a noble who was secretly a Tzeentchian cultist, so I let him attempt two spells per turn, using the Mordheim rules, with my choice from either the Chaos Rituals or Lesser Magic lists. It was a nice change from having every adversary of a specific race/type always have the same basic spells.

Nachie
23-01-2012, 18:55
Alright, hope you're sitting down because this is going to be a big one!

For those who don't remember, I earlier described in detail some of the things going on in my campaign (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?325563-Help-direct-my-WHQ-campaign!), and the next big event to happen is a massive attack on the town the warriors are staying at by the orc warlord Gorgut and his newly-acquired henchman, Skabnoze the shaman.

Well, last night we started that battle. This first session was somewhat slow, as it mostly centered around the greenskins trying to breach the defenses, but it was amazing fun and we had nine people around the table, the five usual players, myself, and three extra folks to take care of all the NPC's (which are about seven, and that's only on the human side). We ended last night with the town walls being breached at both of the gates the warriors were defending, meaning that next week is going to be a bloodbath from the word "go".

On to the pictures!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/393965_10150487866491516_547576515_8839250_6459047 56_n.jpg

Defenders deployed, attacking army arrayed, ready to play the Siege of Mittleresdorf!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/409384_10150487866721516_547576515_8839251_1331369 650_n.jpg

A relatively small force of Orc archers assaults the main gate in the East, though backed-up by a Goblin rock-lobber...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/400428_10150487866946516_547576515_8839252_1871803 961_n.jpg

...while a larger force Night Goblins begins to probe the makeshift defenses at the unfinished South gate.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/398447_10150487867166516_547576515_8839253_5084826 58_n.jpg

The defenders of the South gate stand poised nervously, those who can attempting to shoot or stab the assaulting forces through the ramshackle barricades.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/404642_10150487867476516_547576515_8839255_1043279 32_n.jpg

Kaiser Tiamat is nearly flung from the top of the gatehouse by a Goblin spell, but only a one is rolled for the distance he is thrown!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/394971_10150487867736516_547576515_8839256_4646035 11_n.jpg

Firing at point-blank range, the cannon cuts down wave after wave of Orc attackers, but Ilthandor the Green is felled by a hail of black-fletched arrows, only to be saved at the last minute by Sebatian Faust's healing amulet.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/407783_10150487867931516_547576515_8839257_8795701 67_n.jpg

As a bellowing Minotaur runs to the fore of the battle to smash open the gate with his great axe, Rodmarr Ulfric loses control of his battle frenzy and slightly injures two Dwarf allies!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/397914_10150487868456516_547576515_8839259_6086221 6_n.jpg

An overwhelming force of greenskins appears about ready to crash through the South gate.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/401082_10150487868651516_547576515_8839260_1330706 158_n.jpg

Watch Sargeant Klaus Teuber and a handful of terrified farmers rush to defend a hole in the town walls after a misfire causes the cannon to explode, killing the entire crew and smashing a hole through the Mittleresdorf defenses.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/403733_10150487868856516_547576515_8839261_3418194 55_n.jpg

Builwyf Stonecrusher, who had been waiting behind the crumbling barricade and taunting his attackers throughout the battle immediately suffers a massive critical hit from a Night Goblin spearman and is pushed back against a wall as soon as the barrier falls.

In case there was any doubt, this was hilarious.

Nachie
23-01-2012, 18:58
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/395905_10150487869151516_547576515_8839262_9306285 09_n.jpg

The extent of the battle at the end of the session on 1/22/12

Inandantia
26-01-2012, 16:27
Wow, this session looks seriously impressive! Was it as fun as it looks or was there a lot of sitting around not doing a great deal for some characters (I can imagine the barbarian had a rough deal if all he did each turn was check to see if he stabbed any allies due to beserk)? Any particular siege rules you used, I'd be interested in how you ruled the cannon and rock lobber.

Looking forward to part two of this!

Nachie
05-02-2012, 05:50
Wow, this session looks seriously impressive! Was it as fun as it looks or was there a lot of sitting around not doing a great deal for some characters (I can imagine the barbarian had a rough deal if all he did each turn was check to see if he stabbed any allies due to beserk)?

A little from column A, a little from column B. Obviously Quest was not designed for playing out scenarios on this scale, but since this is so clearly the coolest thing ever, we just had to try it. The key thing is that we're all friends and we all like hanging out, so everybody was still having fun even when it wasn't their turn, and enough was going on that the people who weren't "up at bat" spent a lot of time actively strategizing, anyway.

You can't tell from the pictures at all, but there are TEN PEOPLE playing this game. The usual five members of the party, plus myself as the GM, playing a single defender character just because I never get to be a hero ;) (though of course I also arbitrate the rules as we go along, and decide what kinds of tests people need to do certain things). Then we have four "guest stars": two people playing the attacking Orcs; one for each map, and then the defending NPCs are split between two more folks. Having this many people doing everything really helps in keeping the pace tight, and I would never recommend doing this if it were only up to the GM to move 100 monsters and 20 NPCs every turn.

It all started off very slow, but by the second session all the newbies were familiar with the rules and the game progresses very quickly, actually. Personally I have tons of fun just watching other people play out a scenario with this much detail, so I'm having a blast!

Any particular siege rules you used, I'd be interested in how you ruled the cannon and rock lobber.

You're going to have to remind me about this because I don't have my notebook handy, but I more or less adapted the rules for the war machines from WHFB (mostly 4th edition, since those are the army books I had on hand). What hasn't made an appearance yet is the Orc chariot...

The rules for the barricades and town gate and everything were taken from WFRP first edition.

We play again tomorrow night and it promises to be the session where the blood *really* gets flowing. It's so cool, as a GM, watching the story play out and how the sessions always seem to end on a really nice cliffhanger for next week. Here's some more photos, enjoy!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/432286_10150513072141516_547576515_8909077_1663551 832_n.jpg

Felix Reich charges into the melee, helping his Dwarf allies hold the breach.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/397020_10150513072286516_547576515_8909079_1758876 660_n.jpg

At the Eastern gate, Klaus Teuber leads a desperate group of farmers in a defense of the wall.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/427652_10150513073251516_547576515_8909080_2087653 03_n.jpg

The greenskins haul another rock lobba out of the forest, ready to smash through the main gate.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/401542_10150513073601516_547576515_8909081_1573371 463_n.jpg

The defenders of the South gate spread their forces thin in an attempt to fight off breaches at two points on the wall.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/404509_10150513073806516_547576515_8909083_2023037 104_n.jpg

The stalwart Dwarf defenders are decimated by the sudden, frenzied attacks of a Night Goblin Fanatic.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/432274_10150513074086516_547576515_8909084_1103339 893_n.jpg

As Alleana, Priestess of Shallya, does her best to heal the struggling defenders, a series of Orc attackers begin to gain a foothold on the town's outer wall.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/432079_10150513074386516_547576515_8909087_1180365 35_n.jpg

An overview of the battle as the defenses begin to falter.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/419665_10150513074731516_547576515_8909088_2036185 707_n.jpg

Orc warboss Hyrkzag Dragonskull charges the ruined wall and savagely cuts down Klaus Teuber as a well-aimed shot from the goblin catapult sails over the gate and knocks out the Shallyan priestess.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/423189_10150513075011516_547576515_8909089_1167730 688_n.jpg

The last turn of the game on 1/29.

Purplebeard
05-02-2012, 10:20
This looks amazing. Battles, artillery, WFRP, and loads of craziness/hilarity for the players (but maybe not the warriors). This is pretty close to WHQ heaven :angel: