PDA

View Full Version : The Tale of 40k Painters 2011-2012 MONTH 4 (NOV completed work & DEC WIP)

misterboff
30-11-2011, 23:48
Welcome to the Tale of 40k Painters 2011-2012!

What is the Tale all about?
The aim of the Tale of Painters is to get an army fully painted within the next 12 months.

For most 40k armies the size will be somewhere between 1000 and 2000 points, but you can go higher if you want to (and you're crazy enough)! AI, BFG and Epic armies will be slightly different, but as long as you choose an appropriate sized army for your game system then there's no problem.

Once you've chosen your army, your target is to paint roughly 10% of your army each month. For example, if you've chosen a 2000 point army then your monthly target would be 200 points. The Tale runs for one year (September 2011 to August 2012), so if you stick to your 10% monthly target then you'll only need to paint for 10 months of the year.

To cover the months when you can't/don't paint, you get 2 'Jokers'. You can play a 'Joker' at any time (provided you haven't used them both up!), which essentially means that you don't have to meet your target for that month. They can used for real life events (such as births, deaths, marriages, exams, holidays) or if you're just having a bad/slow month. If you play a 'Joker' then feel free to post a suitable image instead (of a Joker or something funny).

What is this thread all about?
This thread is for completed entries for last month (up until the 7th) and work in progress (WIP) for this month (from the 8th). Please only post completed work for last month until the 7th.

From the 8th, feel free to post any WIP pictures of what you're going to be painting this month, army lists, background stories, battle reports, questions, and comments on anyone else's posts. You can post as little or as much as you like in the thread, but please keep it WIP from the 8th of the month. Do not post any completed work for this month until after the next thread opens at the start of next month.

If you have not posted by the 8th of the month, then you will have to play one of your 'Jokers'. If you have failed to post by the 8th of the month and have already played both of your 'Jokers', then unfortunately you will be out of the Tale.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q : Am I too Late? Can I still Join in?
A : If you can post an entry for last November within the next 7 days then you could use your two 'Jokers' for September and October. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's too late to join in! Don't worry though, the Tale will be running again next year.

Q : Do I have to stick to just one army? #NEW#
A : No, you can paint more than one army if you want to! Quite a few people like to paint more than one army at a time, so if you fall into this category then just list each army you wish to paint when you sign up. 'Multiple' armies don't have to be the same size, but please aim to paint at least 500 points for each army, otherwise you're probably better off starting your own plog if you just want to paint lots of random things. For the purposes of 'Multiple' armies, As long as you aim for 10% of your combined total each month then it doesn't matter what order you paint things in. You could paint 10% of each army each month, or alternate armies each month, or 5 months of one army followed by 5 months of another army, or whatever combination best suits you.

Q : Can I paint more than 10% of my army in a month?
A : Yes, you aren't bound by the rules of the Tale, and it's great to get ahead. BUT, we would like you only to post 10% (approx) each month and try to stay roughly on track with 10% per month. For example, if you're painting 2000 points that means 200 points in month 1, 400 points by month 2, 600 points by month 3, etc. This way you won't depress those of us who are struggling to keep up.

Q : Can I paint less than 10% of my army in a month?
A : Yes, you aren't bound by the rules of the Tale, but we would like you to try to stay on track by painting more points in the next month to 'catch up'. For example, if you're painting 2000 points and you only painted 100 points one month you could try and get 300 points painted the next month. Equally if you paint more one month you can take it easy and paint less the next month.

Q : What happens when I paint an expensive character/tank/unit?
A : This happens a lot. If your character/tank/unit is over 10% of your army you could simply paint him/it/them over two months (the sort of time your general/tank/expensive unit deserves!). For example, one year my monthly target was 200 points and I painted a Stompa (600 points). I split painting the model into (roughly) 3 months of 200 points, posting new WIP shots each month.

Q : Do I have to play my 2 'Jokers' during the Tale?
A : No, you don't have to play them at all. If you can manage to paint/post for the full 12 months then congratulations, you'll have exceeded your target and truly embodied the spirit of the Tale!

Q : Can I 'buy back' my 'Jokers' during the Tale? #NEW#
A : Yes, you can 'buy back' your 'Jokers' during the Tale. If you have already played a 'Joker' and manage to get a month ahead (either by painting double one month or painting a bit more than your target for a few months), then just state in your entry for that month that you wish to 'buy back' your 'Joker' and I'll take it off for you.

Q : What's with the D6 roll in your post?
A : The D6 roll was an idea introduced to help ensure that everyone gets some comments on their work. If everyone rolls a D6 when they post (I use the [D&D dice roller] if I don't have a D6 to hand), then we should have six roughly equal groups each month. Then, if you comment on those people who rolled the same as you everyone will receive some feedback. So, if you roll a 1, comment on all of the other 1's, if you rolled a 2, comment on all of the other 2's, and so on. Of course, if you have the time/want to, there's nothing stopping you from commenting on anyone's/everyone's work.

##############################

I'll start off by posting my completed entry for last month. Feel free to copy my post to use as a template (edited to suit your army), but as long as you post your Monthly total, Total to date, Unit(s) painted and a picture then that's fine.

If anyone has any other questions, please direct them to misterboff (me).

misterboff
30-11-2011, 23:49
Here is a list of who's signed up for the Tale of 40k Painters 2011-2012 so far (people in ITALICS still need to confirm something):

Aenarion - Blood Angels - 400/2000 (1 Jokers played)
BigJon - Grey Knights - 0/2000 (3 Jokers played)
bleedcrimson - Space Marines (Sons of Lazarus) - 205/1750 (2 Jokers played)
burni - Imperial Guard - 130/1000 (2 Jokers played)
colonel kane trine - Necrons (Raseptra Dynasty) - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
crandall87 - Grey Knights - 466/2000 (1 Jokers played)
dangermouse425 - Space Marines - 140/1500 (2 Jokers played)
Darnok - Chaos Daemons - 150/1000 (2 Jokers played)
DarthSte - Sisters of Battle - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
Deusmex - Dark Eldar - 224/2000 (2 Jokers played)
Deusmex - Space Wolves - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
Deusmex - Blood Angels (Angels Sanguine) - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
Devilish - Dark Eldar - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
djc - Imperial Guard - 500/1500 (0 Jokers played)
djc - Chaos Daemons - 615/1500 (0 Jokers played)
Doi - Orks - 345/1000 (0 Jokers played)
Doomseer - Necrons - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
f2k - Orks - 50/500 (2 Jokers played)
Fanny Crowbar - Dark Eldar - 312/1000 (0 Jokers played)
Frgt/10 - Dark Eldar - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
give_me_a_d - Chaos (various) - 243/1000 (1 Jokers played)
GomezAddams - Imperial Guard - 0/2000 (3 Jokers played)
Green Feevah! - Eldar - 210/2000 (2 Jokers played)
gwarsh41 - Chaos Daemons - 120/500 (2 Jokers played)
gwarsh41 - Space Wolves - 0/500 (3 Jokers played)
Hypaspist - Tyranids (Hive Fleet Frigus) - 210/2000 (2 Jokers played)
iPaint - Imperial Guard - 0/2500 (3 Jokers played)
ironduke - Space Marines - 550/1500 (2 Jokers played)
Iziuth - Space Wolves - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
Jacktheripper34 - Dark Eldar - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
Jibbajabba - Grey Knights - 0/2000 (3 Jokers played)
Jihad_Ragsta - Space Marines (Crusaders) - 520/1500 (0 Jokers played)
Jihad_Ragsta - BFG (Orks) - 195/500 (1 Jokers played)
Jihad_Ragsta - BFG (Imperial) - 700/1000 (0 Jokers played)
Jonahmaul - Space Marines (Brazen Claw) - 360/2000 (1 Jokers played)
juxt - Imperial Guard (Cadian) - 120/1000 (2 Jokers played)
Kalidane - Space Wolves - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
lilloser2010 - Space Marines (90's Ultramarines) - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
Lord Dan - Grey Knights (Machine Cultists) - 0/2000 (3 Jokers played)
Lord Setra - Space Wolves - 125/2000 (2 Jokers played)
MalusCalibur - Imperial Guard (42nd Mordecai) - 175/2000 (2 Jokers played)
matt_17 - Imperial Guard - 545/1750 (0 Jokers played)
mcgarnicle - Space Marines (Ultramarines) - 0/750 (3 Jokers played)
mcgarnicle - Tau Empire - 0/750 (3 Jokers played)
mcgarnicle - BFG (Imperial) - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
Mini77 - Space Marines (Dead Suns) - 370/1500 (1 Jokers played)
Mini77 - Space Marines (Howling Griffons) - 130/1000 (2 Jokers played)
misterboff - Orks (Deathskulls) - 400/1500 (1 Jokers played)
Monsterzonk - Space Marines (Heralds of Faith) - 390/1500 (1 Jokers played)
nagash66 - Space Marines (Space Sharks) - 0/1750 (3 Jokers played)
Nilo - Imperial Guard - 0/2000 (3 Jokers played)
Niveus Procer - Space Marines (and Orks) - 810/3500 (1 Jokers played)
Panzer MkIV - Orks - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
Panzer MkIV - Imperial Guard - 0/600 (3 Jokers played)
perplexiti - Space Wolves - 730/2000 (1 Jokers played)
pudsey098 - Dark Eldar - 36/1000 (2 Jokers played)
pudsey098 - Orks - 85/500 (2 Jokers played)
punkfish - Imperial Guard (Elysian/Cadian/Arbites) - 510/1500 (0 Jokers played)
Raven667 - Eldar - 391/1500 (2 Jokers played)
razcalking - Chaos Daemons - 0/400 (3 Jokers played)
razcalking - Dark Eldar - 0/400 (3 Jokers played)
razcalking - Necrons - 0/400 (3 Jokers played)
razcalking - Tau Empire - 0/400 (3 Jokers played)
razcalking - Tyranids - 0/400 (3 Jokers played)
razormasticator - Orks - 786/2000 (0 Jokers played)
Rikk - Orks - 51/1000 (2 Jokers played)
Saim-Hann Lord - Space Marines (Hawk Lords) - 0/2000 (3 Jokers played)
ScytheSwathe - Space Marines (The Sundered Scythes) - 0/500 (3 Jokers played)
ScytheSwathe - Dark Eldar (Eldar Pirates) - 0/500 (3 Jokers played)
Setha - Imperial Guard (Death Korps of Krieg) - 0/2000 (3 Jokers played)
Sgt John Keel - Blood Angels - 280/2500 (2 Jokers played)
Shnerg - Blood Angels - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
superawesomeraptorman - Necrons - 0/1750 (3 Jokers played)
SuperMitch - Sisters of Battle - 220/1500 (1 Jokers played)
Sycoa - Blood Angels - 400/2000 (2 Jokers played)
T3h D4ve - Space Marines (Ultramarines) - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
Terranova - Orks - 275/1000 (1 Jokers played)
Thalenchar - Imperial Guard (Terra's Judgement) - 310/1500 (1 Jokers played)
TheMaster - Black Templars - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
vcassano - Dark Eldar - 0/500 (3 Jokers played)
vcassano - Grey Knights - 185/2500 (2 Jokers played)
Vimes - Space Marines (Space Sharks) - 0/1500 (3 Jokers played)
Walls - ???? - 0/???? (3 Jokers played)
Xazil - Space Marines (Imperial Paladins) - 495/1500 (1 Jokers played)
Zander77 - Dark Eldar - 0/1000 (3 Jokers played)
Zujara - Imperial Guard - 475/1500 (0 Jokers played)

Please can you check your entry and let me know if anything needs changing.

misterboff
30-11-2011, 23:52
misterboff's Deathskull Orks: November 2011 (D6 roll = 4)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 200 POINTS (150 TARGET)
TOTAL TO DATE: 400 POINTS (300 TARGET)
JOKERS PLAYED: 1

BACKGROUND/THEME:
'...the Boneheadz family of Death Skulls once overran and plundered an Imperial penal colony, and wore fragments of convict clothing printed with black arrows for generations afterwards.' - Waaargh The Orks!

UNIT(S):
Skullhamma w/Skullhamma Kannon, Kannon and two twin-linked Rokkit Launchas - 200/400 points
(I'll count it as 200 points for assembling and 200 points for painting)

BUILD/CONVERSION:
Where to start? The main body is a Shadowsword/Stormlord, the front mounted Kannon is from the Battlewagon kit surrounded by the dashboard and ram from the old Truk kit, the Battlewagon Ram mounts and a spare Deff Dread gob plate. The sponsons are simply spare Deff Dread Rokkit Launchas (that look twin-linked anyway), and the Skullhamma Kannon is a Forge World Supa Kannon. The damaged panels (back right 'slash' and front left 'hole') are from the Stompa kit, the two Grots at the front are from the Stormboyz kit and the large exhaust at the back is the Shadowsword Cannon placed to cover up the Imperial reliquary. The whole thing is covered in various glyph plates from many (if not all) of the Ork vehicle kits, and any uncovered Imperial eagles have been roughly clipped off. The 'Kaptin/Mekboy' is from the Stompa kit and I've also based the Supa Kannon crew so that they're easier to paint and can be used separately (as Ammo Runts or Big Gun crew) if needed.

PAINTING/BASING:
The first colour is the basecoat, the second is a wash and the third is a drybrush. The bases are simply Vomit Brown followed by Citadel Sand.

Nob Skin: Orkhide/Knarloc/Thraka/Camo
Ork Skin: Knarloc/Thraka/Camo
Grot Skin: Gretchin/Thraka/Camo
Blue Face: Enchanted/Asurmen/Ice
White Face: Astronomican/Badab/Skull
Teef: Dheneb/Ogryn/Bone
Eyes: Mechrite
Pants: Chaos/Badab/Adeptus Battlegrey
Top: Astronomican/Badab
Straps: Adeptus/Badab
Metal: Boltgun/Badab/Mithril

STILL TO DO:
Use it in a game!

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: I'm pleased with my paint job, and think that my Skullhamma fits in with my other Ork vehicles nicely.
Lows: I've never been a fan of painting vehicles, especially huge ones with loads of rivets!

NEXT MONTH:
I'm probably going to live dangerously and play my second Joker. I've got quite a few things that I want to get assembled ready for painting later in the Tale, but I don't think I actually get much painting done.

misterboff

[Skullhamma - front, left, right, top, scale] - the Looted Wagon in the last shot is for scale purposes, and was painted in a previous Tale

colonel kane trine
01-12-2011, 00:14
Heres my 1st entry pics arent brilliant but next month il use the wifes new camera so expect improved pics!

I had to totally change my scheme as I bought an 8k army thats painted and had to make these match.

Im still keeping them as hive fleet barbarossa but its now a splinter of hive
fleet leviathan

Painting
Basecoat skull white
Wash leviathan purple
Drybrush skull white and bleached bone mix
Paint all claws/armour chaos black
Paint flesh bits tallarn flesh
Add lines of liche purple down edges of armour
Paint claws red gore
Add liche purple+fortress grey mix highlights to armour
Paint claws blood red but leave red gore at the claw base wash any tallarn flesh areas with ogryn flesh

Highs
I started my army hating painting them but liking the theme when it was done. Once I changed to leviathan colours I started enjoying painting them and the finished look. Im also looking forward to getting my 8k expansion!

Lows
None now! I want my hierophant already though...
I managed to finish

Warrior brood-90 points
16 hormagaunts with adrenal+toxins-160 points
Zoanthrope-60 points

Total-310 points
So im buying a joker back!
Currently I have a tyrant a warrior to be a prime and 4 hormagaunts that im working on for next month.
Although I get my 8k army on the 22nd so my plans might change...

matt_17
01-12-2011, 09:30
Undying 14th Cromorian Legion (IG): November 2011 (D6 roll = 5)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 130 POINTS (MONTHLY TARGET: 175 POINTS)
TOTAL TO DATE: 545 POINTS (TARGET TO DATE: 525 POINTS)
JOKERS PLAYED: 0

BACKGROUND/THEME:
From last month's... um... essay each Cromorian Legion is split into Battalions, each Battalion is split into Divisions and the IG codex analogue for a Division is a platoon. This is true of every Division, with the exception of a Battalion's 1st Division. The 1st Division is the home of the Battalion's veterans.

Commendations
Within the Cromorian Legions acts of great valour and/or skill are rewarded with commendations. Bring down a trygon with a lasbolt to the eye, detonate a chaos land raider with a meltabomb, shove your captain out of the path of a warboss's powerklaw or slip your bayonet through the links in a bloodthirster's armour - all of these things and others like them will earn you a commendation. Unsurprisingly, a large percentage of commendations are awarded posthumously.

A soldier who is awarded a commendation is allowed (expected in fact) to display it with a stamp on their left shoulder pad in the form of a black bordered silver circle. Each such stamp corresponds to a specific commendation and will have a matching citation in their personnel file.

Veterans
Once a soldier has amassed three commendations their rank (whatever it may be) is appended with First Class and they become eligible for promotion to the Veteran (First) Division. So when Lance-Corporal Joe Bloggs manages to stick his combat knife down Warboss Big'Un'Airy's throat and wins his third commendation he becomes Lance-Corporal First Class Jow Bloggs and will be transfered the first division the moment there's an opening.

Because soldiers enter the First Division based purely on performance and not necessarily rank, the ranks within a veteran squad may not quite match their personnel ID numbers. Normal I = Sergeant, II = Corpora, III = Lance-Corporal and IV - X = Private. While the internal command structure of a veteran squad still follows this numeric pattern the actual ranks may very well range from Master Sergeant to Private... all First Class, or course.

Anyway, I think I've written enough of this again...

UNIT(S):
Veteran Squad: 3 plasma guns, vox caster, sergeant with plasma pistol

BUILD/CONVERSIONS:
Straight out of the cadian shock trooper box... except the plasma guns, those are metal and were a bitch to model in place.

PAINTING/BASING:
The painting method for these guys is as follows.

1. Fabric: Was painted codex grey, washed with watered down graveyard earth/choas black mix then drybrushed codex grey and finally drybrushed fortress grey.
2. Flesh/Eyes: The flesh was painted red gore followed by tanned flesh. The eyes (and if necessary teeth) were painted skull white and a midnight blue dot was added for the iris/pupil with a toothpick. Any messed white around the eyes/mouth was then cleaned up with tanned flesh and the fleshy areas were finally painted with elf flesh.
3. Camo: All the plates of the flack armour were painted in the same camo scheme as the tanks, albeit on a smaller scale. First alternating stripes of Calthan Brown and Catachan Greeen were painted, then Iyanden Darksun was used as the breakup colour between those stripes.
4. Metals: All armour trim - winged skulls/aquilas - were painted dwarf bronze. The remaining metals were painted in a 50/50 mix of chaos black and boltgun metal.
5. Details: Personnel ID numbers were freehanded on with Skull White. Commendations are done with a black circle then a smaller mithril silver circle inside.
6. Wash: The armoured plates and metal were then washed with a watered down mix of graveyard earth and chaos black.
7. Highlights: The grey metals were highlighted with boltgun metal, the trim with shining gold.

Where necessary the plasma veins were painted the same as the executioner's: Midnight Blue -> Regal Blue -> Ice Blue -> Skull White; progressing from full coverage painting to drybrushing.

The bases were covered in pieces of chopped up sprue to simulate rubble. The ground was painted clathan brown then drybrushed graveyard earth then bleached bone. The rubble was drybrushed codex grey then fortress grey. Finally static grass was applied between/around the rubble.

STILL TO DO:
Their Chimera

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: Painting them individually takes me about 2.5 hours, painting two at a times saves me from wasting time while I wait for things to dry so I can do 2 in 4 hours. No idea how that compares to anyone else, but for me that's pretty quick painting time.
Lows: Their chimera didn't arrive in time for me to paint it this month :(

NEXT MONTH:
More vets? Command squad? Sentinel? I haven't decided yet. Its December, I have time... maybe all of them... maybe not...

The tester pic from last moth again, this time to point out the commendations on his left shoulder.
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/teh_q21/tester.jpg

The Whole Squad (XIV.III.I.II.I-X)
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/teh_q21/Plasmavets2.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/teh_q21/plasmavets1.jpg

give_me_a_d
01-12-2011, 16:37
Give_me_a_d's All Things Chaos: November 2011

Monthly Total: 128pts (100 Target)
Total To Date: 243pts (115 last month)
Target to Date: 300pts
Jokers Played: 1

Background/ Theme:
A growing warp rift has spawned a daemonic host and is beginning to attract Chaos marines

Unit(s):
A base of nurglings 13pts
5 Thousand Sons marines 115pts

Build/ Conversion:
Nothing special here, the nurglings are mostly old editions but with the addition of one from Epidimius. The Thousand Sons are 3 classic metal models and 2 of the current plastic/metal models.

Painting/ Basing:
Nurglings – I have largely stuck to a modified version of Skulliz Nurgle Daemon Speed Painting Formula that I established about 3 years ago. The original can be found here: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152269. The differences are that I've used Tallarn Flesh with a Dheneb Stone highlight for the maggots, exposed flesh etc and straight Dheneb Stone for the Horns, teeth, claws etc. I also used Vermin Brown followed by Chainmail for the metal bits. I've used various base colours with a shade lighter drybrush rather than just greens. All this gets a heavy coat of Devlan Mud and then Gryphonne Sepia.

Thousand Sons – sprayed black, basecoated Mordian Blue, washed with Asurmen Blue, drybrushed Shadow Grey, then Electric Blue (what they used to call Ice Blue). Gold basecoated Calthan Brown then gold, washed with Ogryn Flesh and highlighted Mithril Silver. Yellow bits basecoated Iyanden Darksun, washed with Ogryn Flesh, highlighted with Iyanden Darksun, then Golden Yellow.

Bases – basecoated Caradon Granite, drybrushed Graveyard Earth then Kommando Khaki. Edged with Graveyard Earth.

Still to do:
nothing

Highs and Lows:
Highs: I've continued my slightly earlier than normal starts in the morning giving me about 30 minutes or so to paint before going to work. This has meant some real progress on these guys and enabled me to get started on next months stuff ahead of schedule
Lows: Not much, although I'm still a bit away from my target.

Next Month:
I'm going to finish the Thousand Sons unit, which is another 3, giving a total of 9. I have also been preparing some Khorne related stuff so I may do a couple of 'zerkers or a bloodcrusher. As its over Christmas I'll have to see how things go.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/give_me_a_d/Daemons_nurglings_02.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/give_me_a_d/CSM_1ksons_07.jpg
(Back view in my chaos log)

Army so far:
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/give_me_a_d/2011-12_Army_01.jpg

Rikk
01-12-2011, 16:46
Hi all, my months entry;

Army: Orks
Unit: Ork Nob, upgrade for unit, armour and boss pole with powa claw
Points this month: 51
Total so far: 51
Jokers used: 2

Highs: Finally getting something finished to be able to submit, my colour scheme is Badmoonz, with 3 red claws painted somewhere on trousers of all the models, unsure what to call the army atm, Riksmegz Waaagh probably :)

Lows: Not the full amount of points I wanted to submit, but with Fantasy painted up mostly finished for this month, I've time to get the rest of this unit complete and over 100 points for next submission window.

Dice Roll: 3

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/rikk1/nb2.jpg

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/rikk1/nb3.jpg

Xazil
02-12-2011, 12:55
Army: Imperial Paladins (Space Marines). Nov '11. (D6 = 5)
Unit: Seige Assault Squard
Monthly Total: 250 (150 Target)
Total To Date: 495
Target to Date: 450pts
Jokers Played: 1

Unit of ten with combat shields, two meltaguns, powerfist and stormbolter.

Combat shields are the Brettonian Man-At-Arms with Empire Soldier templar crosses. The swords like the sergeants sword last month are chainswords with greyknight blades. Tabards and shoulderpads from the Black Templar set.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19425500/AM1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19425500/AM2.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19425500/AM3.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19425500/AM4.jpg

Aenarion
02-12-2011, 15:56
I'm going to have to play a joker this month, my nan passed this week so as you can imagine quite a lot going on in RL which means I wont be ready for deadline.

Now I should hopefully be able to win that joker back next month like I had previously done.

Oh and to the questions about my bases in the last thread, their going to be muddy with the flagstones a bleached bone. Will look interesting and fit nicely with the red, I hope.

Cheers guys, and keep up all this great work!

Monsterzonk
03-12-2011, 14:02
Since I got swamped with work this month, I gotta play my first Joker. :cries: But I'll win it back next month! :mad:

Cheers,
Monsterzonk :skull:

Zujara
04-12-2011, 04:22
ARMY: Imperial Guard
MONTHLY TOTAL: 250
TOTAL TO DATE: 475/1500

DICE ROLL: 5

UNITS: Leman Russ Battle Tank with Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Side sponsons and a Heavy Stubber, plus a Chimera for one of my command squads

BUILD/CONVERSIONS: Leman Russ is Alpha Patter with Ryza turrent from Forgeworld, Chimera is out of the box.

PAINTING/BASING: Greys done same as my Death Korps, weathering was done with Light Earth weathering powder and the rusted spots are Gryphonne Sepia

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: Caught up with my new point goal

Lows: The heavy stubber refuses to stay straight no matter what I do to it! Not sure if I put enough mud on the Chimera.

NEXT MONTH: Not sure, maybe a Vendetta or Hellhound

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Krieg/Lemanruss.jpg
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Krieg/chimera1s.jpg

Niveus Procer
04-12-2011, 17:14
this months total 405, monthly goal 350pts
total to date 810 [target to date 700]
jokers played 1

Build / conversions
Librarian is a conversion from terminator Sargent an what not i based it with ork heads and some extra bits to keep the two i have done different.

PAINTING/BASING:
Ice blue for the armor
purple for joints
red & gold for the shoulder pads
basing is snow terrain

STILL TO DO: flocking

HIGHS AND LOWS:
High, i did not think the models would add up to 405 i thought i was a little shy :)
Lows, i didn't get to finish my basing because i got married, did not get to finish a drop pod i'm working on and the tau models i painted don't count :( about 250pts of models their

NEXT MONTH: probably the same models as this month i have allot of tactical marines hopefully i finish the drop pod

on a side note misterboff im doing orks and marines i havent posted anything for orks as of yet but i have been meating my total monthly goal for points for both armies, i've only used one joker
because november is a bad month to work in retail and i got married at the end of october i hope this can be fixed :) thanks

djc
04-12-2011, 18:55
djc's beastman guard (D6 = 6)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 130 points
TOTAL TO DATE: 500 points

UNIT(S):
Hellhound/Bane Wolf - 130 points

STILL TO DO:
Nowt

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: My first ever magnetised tank \o/
Lows: Took me an age to paint this - I've been busy this month and the amount of daylight is shrinking.

NEXT MONTH:
A Leman Russ

djc
04-12-2011, 19:03
djc's daemons (D6 = 1)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 250 points
TOTAL TO DATE: 615 points

UNIT(S):Lord of Change - 250 points

STILL TO DO:
Finish off the base.

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: Generally happy with this one, especially the wings and tail feathers (couldn't get a decent picture of it, but I think the colour fade from blue to purple works well).
Lows: I actually had to paint the skull twice - my initial idea did not work at all with the rest of the model.

NEXT MONTH:
A Bloodthirster, although I may take a rest as I am way ahead on my points.

dangermouse425
04-12-2011, 20:03
Dangermouse's Space Marines: November 2011 (D6 roll = 5)

My first post in the Tale, having joined late!

MONTHLY TOTAL: 140 POINTS (150 TARGET)
TOTAL TO DATE: 140 POINTS (450 TARGET)
JOKERS PLAYED: 2

BACKGROUND/THEME:
Still working on fluff. ;) This is my first foray into the world of Space Marines, so would be happy to receive any C&C as I'm new to painting power armour! (Or terminator armour in this case!)

UNIT(S):
Librarian with TDA and Storm Shield - 140pts

BUILD/CONVERSION:
This is my first model in my new SM army. He's an absolute kitbash of a Libby, so I'll give a quick run-down of the bitz involved:

Base: Chaos Lord
Legs: Dark Angel accessory sprue TDA legs
Torso: GK Terminator body.
R Arm: GK Terminator thunder hammer/bitz box scavenge for the end bit.
L Arm: Assault Terminator storm shield (Sgt's One)
Head: Ravenwing accessory sprue.
Shoulderpads: GW Black Templar pads.
Banner: FW Lugft Huron banner.

PAINTING/BASING:
White undercoat.
Reds: Red Gore, Blood Red, Blood Red/Blazing Orange 50:50
Blues: Necron Abyss, Regal Blue, Regal Blue/Space Wolves Grey 50:50

STILL TO DO:
Need to work on the banner and shield, but going to leave that for now and get some more of the army up to tabletop standard before I start working on the Libby again. Oh, and I need to base him properly. But for now, he's done!

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: This is my first SM model I've ever painted. I've only ever painted Nids and IG before which are very reliant on washes and are painted in a very different manner. I think I've learned a lot just with this one model, but hoping to get more practice with the next squad.
Lows: His staff top kept on breaking off, so I've magnetised the end so it doesn't matter if it breaks off again. I probably should have magnetised his banner, as I can foresee that breaking in the future...

NEXT MONTH:
I'm hoping to use the Christmas holidays to paint a bucketload of models and win back my two jokers. I might try a dread, or some bike marines. We'll see.

DM

pudsey098
05-12-2011, 17:53
Hey guys,

Going to have to Joker both my armies this month due to a family bereavement and will hopefully get my head into painting for next month.

Cheers

Mini77
06-12-2011, 12:35
Mini77's 'Dead Suns' Space Marines: November 2011 (D6 roll = 5)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 140 pts
TOTAL TO DATE: 370 pts

BACKGROUND/THEME:
The Dead Suns are a 8000+ pts strong homebrewed loyalist Space Marine chapter.

UNIT(S):
Terminators with Assault Canon and Cyclone Missile Launcher 140 pts.

BUILD/CONVERSION:
Straight out the box. These were supposed to be my Month 1 submission but I never got round to finishing them until now.

PAINTING/BASING:
Standard scheme for my Dead Suns. Clean look edge highlighted, gloss varnished armour (though there are some 20 colours on these guys believe it or not).

STILL TO DO:
Decals.

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: Getting these done finally.
Lows: Taking forever to do them.

NEXT MONTH:
I'm working on a combat squad of RT-era Tactical Marines.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/mini77bucket/cyclone03.png

Mini77
06-12-2011, 12:39
Mini77's 'Howling Griffons' Space Marines: November 2011 (D6 roll = 5)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 130 pts
TOTAL TO DATE: 130 pts

BACKGROUND/THEME:
Classic quartered Howling Griffons.

UNIT(S):
Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer DCCW.

BUILD/CONVERSION:
Mostly out of the box. Melta is a FW piece and some of the detail parts come from other kits.

PAINTING/BASING:
I paint my Griffons in sub-assemblies as it helps with the quartering. It takes longer but it's worth it in the end.

STILL TO DO:
Decals and basing which will be done at the end.

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: Getting the first model done.
Lows: Getting the mix for the yellow right.

NEXT MONTH:
I'm working on the first of three 10-man tactical squads.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/mini77bucket/dreadnoughtm03.png

razormasticator
07-12-2011, 15:33
I should have most of my stuff done tonight, but if not I will post my photos tomorrow for sure.
Here is my placeholder entry.

WAAAGHHH GORTEEF A Deff Skulls Log.

Total Painting for November: 280

Units:
3 Killa Kans w/Grotzookas, 1 Rockit Buggy, 2 Burna Boyz, 1 Nob with Power Klaw & 1 Nob with Waaagh Banner.

Painting:
Continuing to use the non traditional techniques and I have to say I am pleased with the results. I am working towards getting a solid table top standard as quick as possible. I think its a successful technique and as I said, I am pleased with the results.

Here is the Youtube Video Thoume produced based on the Warseer thread about Fun with Washes: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...209588&page=14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mcpGhUJzM

I am using Scab Red, Thrakka Green Wash, Devlan Mud wash, Vallejo Sky Blue, various GW paints for hoses etc. a Scorpion Green Drybrush for highlight, MIG pigments for the rust, with a touch of solar macharius orange super watered down.

Basing:
Scorched brown, Graveyard Earth, Highlight of Snakebite Lather. * this is a switch and I like it. Dead Static Grass.

Still to Do:
Dull cote.

Highs and Lows:

High:
A variety of models, which kept things interesting. I really enjoyed working on the kanz.

Lows:
Wanting to get more boyz done.

Next Month: 30 Boyz at least, I am going to start working on one of my Battlewagons as well.

here be the photos. the rust is looking a little strong in the photos, its much more subtle IRL.
Still I am happy with the results. I think the burnas and the kans both look pretty damn good. And the checkerboard pattern on the Nob I am pleased with.

Burnas:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/colddawn71/DA%20Orks/DSC_0223.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/colddawn71/DA%20Orks/DSC_0227-1.jpg

Nobz
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/colddawn71/DA%20Orks/DSC_0228-1.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/colddawn71/DA%20Orks/DSC_0230.jpg

Kanz & Rockit Buggy more photos in my log.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/colddawn71/DA%20Orks/DSC_0238-1.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/colddawn71/DA%20Orks/DSC_0248.jpg

Jonahmaul
07-12-2011, 16:07
I also need a placeholder. I had originally planned to paint a Land Raider but this has now been stripped ready to start again as the washes made it go really streaky and it looked crap. I'm going to do a Librarian in Terminator Armour instead as need something I can get done quickly but am mental busy at the moment so will take me a couple of days. Hope that's ok with people.

f2k
07-12-2011, 20:34
Kaptin Irongutz Bad (Boar)boyz (D6 roll = 6)

This monthís total: 50 points WIP Ė 50 points target.

So, Iím digging through my bitz-box, wondering what Iím going to do with all my ork bitz, piezes, and gubbinz.

Hmmm... What do we have here? Some boarboyz? Lots of bikes? Hmmmmmmmm...

So I just grabbed what I had and started cutting and gluing. Iíve got five boars so the target is a 150-odd points unit, using the warbikes rules as Games Workshop has axed the clans... Booo... Hisss...

Iíll try to get some better pictures up as I move along on the build. But for now, this will have to do...

Sgt John Keel
07-12-2011, 21:50
Well, the Dreads are finished this month, honest. I'm just too tired to take pics at the moment, but they will go up tomorrow. (D6 roll is a 5)

Edit: And pics:

https://img.skitch.com/20111208-dtdt6mjn84xwmjsp5gignkuq4r.jpg
https://img.skitch.com/20111208-8b3tgus6dhm3jwp32kw5cju5yh.jpg
https://img.skitch.com/20111208-pd7qg7ducak91bcneeyk9iktui.jpg
https://img.skitch.com/20111208-m5xt4rj9676ansxwaurhaaw8g4.jpg

MONTHLY TOTAL: 280 points (250 target)
TOTAL TO DATE: 280 points (750 target)

BACKGROUND/THEME:

Well, it's Blood Angels. Actually, since the new armybook seems to think that all Furioso Dreads are in the 1st Co., they've got the white skull emblazoned on the right shoulder pad and armour plate.

UNIT(S):

Two Furioso Dreadnoughts (with suspiciously invisible extra armour).

BUILD/CONVERSION:

So, the first time I assembled them completely, only to take off the arms for ease of painting. After I stripped them for the second time, I assembled the legs, body, arms and power plant separately for ease of painting.

PAINTING/BASING:

Blugh. So, first i just played around a bit with a sponge. Then, I changed my mind and bought grey primer and vallejo flat red. Happily, this is excellent for getting a flat red coat (duh?). Unfortunately, black won't stick on the damn primer. And also, painting the red first and varnishing it before painting everything else is not an excellent idea.

So, off to the nail polish remover bath a second time.

This time, I used masking tape to spray parts that should be red with grey primer and everything else with GW's chaos black spray. Decent results.

I had a hard time getting a decent highlight for the red though, so I mostly skipped over that. The flat red is edge highlighted with blood red, but it doesn't really show up. Solution: cover things in painted on detail to make it less noticeable.

Basing, well it will probably be improved sometime in the future, but for the time being the ordinary dreadnought bases with a coat of paint will have to do.

STILL TO DO:

Playing with weathering powders. Eventually. In the future.

HIGHS AND LOWS:

For lows, read the painting section. For highs, discovering a good, fast method for vibrant red. Also, they look kind of good from a distance.

NEXT MONTH:
Who knows, maybe the ridiculously expensive Honour Guard I'm building for Dante.

SuperMitch
08-12-2011, 03:41
SuperMitch's Sisters of Battle: November 2011 (D6 roll = 3)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 150 pts
TOTAL TO DATE: 220 pts

UNIT(S):
Sisters of Battle squad with melta and flamer

BUILD/CONVERSION:
Straight out of the box.

PAINTING/BASING:
Painted a combination of chaos black, blood red, chainmail, shining gold, elf flesh, brown, and white for the skulls. Based brown with GW sand.

STILL TO DO:
Final details and basing for the flamer model (painted in a rush last night & tonight to make the deadline!)

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: Getting my first complete squad done! Had these models for years, and very proud of the result!

Also, got a lot of help from the wife with this batch, and she was great to paint with. Quote from her tonight: "Bolter b*tches are my favorite kind of b*tches!" :D

Lows: Realizing how much detail I chose to put into these models, and how much work it'll be to paint the next 50.

NEXT MONTH:
Squad of 8 seraphim, need a break from regular SoB models!

Thalenchar
08-12-2011, 09:01
darn... I tried avoiding this, but painting extra Skaven for a tournament Dec 3rd meant I didnīt have enough time to finish everything for my other entries for the Tale. I finished my Fantasy Warriors of Chaos (just), I did enough for my Fantasy Dogs of War (barely), but sadly my Imperial Guard entry was the odd one out!

I'll make sure to have some extra cool stuff to show you guys next month!

JOKER

http://www.alliphonewallpapers.com/images/wallpapers/htnxzgap3.jpg

EffCee
08-12-2011, 10:43
Dark Eldar 1000 points: November 2011 D6 roll = 4

MONTHLY TOTAL: 93 POINTS (monthly target: 100 points)
TOTAL TO DATE: 312 POINTS
JOKERS USED: 0

BACKGROUND/THEME:
The Kabal of the Bloody Tongue

UNIT(S):
Wych with haywire grenades (12 pts)
Medusae (15 pts)
Ur-Ghul (15 pts)
Hellion (16 pts)
Sslyth (35 pts)

BUILD/CONVERSIONS
Sslyth has arms from a variety of kits. Medusae has a plastic Warrior body.

PAINTING/BASING:
I want my Dark Eldar to have a neon/Tron feel to them.
The armour is mostly dark blue (Necron Abyss) with light blue (Ice Blue) highlights. Some plates are painted silver.
Glyphs and hair are bright green (Scorpion Green) highlighted to white.
I'm painting the Dark Eldar's skin as I would bone. Dheneb Stone base with a Devlan Mud wash. Highlighted with more Dheneb Stone up to white.
The bases are bits of slate and sand. The slate is painted Codex Grey and drybrushed with Fortress Grey. The sand is painted Snakebite Leather and drybrushed with Dheneb Stone and then given a wash of Devlan Mud. Finally I added some static grass.

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: the warm, fuzzy feeling of a largely painted army.
Lows: None this month thankfully.

NEXT MONTH:
Maybe a Chronos.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/fannycrowbar/dark%20eldar/004-1.jpg?t=1318734657

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/fannycrowbar/dark%20eldar/003-4.jpg?t=1318734691

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/fannycrowbar/dark%20eldar/007-3.jpg?t=1317238477

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/fannycrowbar/dark%20eldar/001-2.jpg?t=1316835736

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/fannycrowbar/dark%20eldar/006.jpg?t=1316835783

Ragsta
08-12-2011, 18:37
Ragsta recaps his tale
Dice roll = 2

Ork Pirates target total = 360ptsCurrently = 195pts (Nothing painted this month BUT my Hammer battlecruiser is now BUILT and ready to be painted, so come next month I will make back the points I promise.) :angel:

Imperial Navy target total = 540ptsCurrently = 700pts (My laptop has been broken so I had nothing else to do but paint, and needless to say I have totally smashed my target.)

Space Marine Crusaders target total = 450ptsCurrently = 520pts

Highs = I am really pleased with how my little escort ships have turned out - tried squadron markings for the first time and they improved the Cobras hugely. Also, the colour scheme for my Crusaders is really growing on me.

Lows = Not getting my Hammer painted in time :( Also, has anyone ever assembled the metal/plastic Devastators? I HATE THEM!! :mad:

Still to do = The Marines need a few guns fully painted, plus their purity seals but that's it. The Hammer needs painted. Dammit.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/Poymo/Brazen%20Minotaurs%20Space%20Marines/0033.jpg
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/Poymo/Battlegroup%20Resurgent/0043.jpg
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/Poymo/Battlegroup%20Resurgent/0025.jpg
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/Poymo/Waaaaagghhhhh%20Gargruks%20BFG/BKZ.jpg

Sorry about the rubbish shot of the Marines but I wanted to prove I'm actually getting these done! I will post up some better ones during the WIP chat.

Thanks guys

misterboff
08-12-2011, 20:49
Well done to everyone who's managed to post so far - it's always good to get to the second page!

Please can everyone else try to get posted over the weekend (or at least a place holder)? With it being the third month there will be some people with three Jokers, and therefore out of the Tale.

I'll try to get some comments up at the weekend...

perplexiti
08-12-2011, 20:55
I'll get some pics up probably tomorrow, the missus will be back with the camera in the morning. But I've got a Land Raider and drop pod to post.

colonel kane trine
08-12-2011, 21:23
Just managed to sneak this in I hope!

Hive tyrant with tl devourers old adversary adrenal glands and armoured shell-260 points!

I love this model and had fun painting it.

Highs-awesome model and happy to see it done. Also bought my other joker back!

Lows-heavy model so abit of a pain to paint.

f2k
08-12-2011, 21:48
Please can everyone else try to get posted over the weekend (or at least a place holder)? With it being the third month there will be some people with three Jokers, and therefore out of the Tale.

Youíre a hard taskmaster...

With all due respect, I think itís a bit harsh. Sometimes life just throws an awful lot of *biiiiib* at you all at once (donít even get me started on how my lifeís been the last few months) and suddenly getting this monthís quota of plastic soldiers done isnít really that big a priority.

Iíve been trying to follow the tale, despite having lots of other stuff going on, and Iím generally very impressed by the level of commitment and painting Iíve seen. I would rather have as many people as possible posting on the thread, despite having a few jokers too many, than to see the number of participants dwindle until thereís barely a single page worth of entries each month...

Doi
09-12-2011, 03:34
Doi's Orks: November 2011 (D6 roll = 3)

MONTHLY TOTAL: 125 POINTS (100 TARGET)
TOTAL TO DATE: 345 POINTS (300 TARGET)

UNIT(S): Warboss and his Attack Squig

BUILD/CONVERSION: Lets see...

Warboss: Ogre Kingdoms Imperial Maneater body/legs, plasticard right leg/foot, green-stuffed torso/vest, pointing arm and head from the metal Ork Warboss (each from a different form of said kit), the Power Klaw is from the Krieger 'Krash' Thrax Inquisitor model, the powerpack comes from the old metal ork Dreadnought and anything else comes from my assortment of glyphs, plasticard and electrical wires.

Attack Squig: Gobbla model with plasticard for the leg and bionic eye and the bionic foot is from the new Killa Kans.

PAINTING/BASING: Same as usual

STILL TO DO: Base Rims, attach Gobbla to his base properly

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: I'm stoked with how well this guy turned out in the end. It was a huge undertaking and I had a few moments of doubt as it went along.

Lows: My light box arrived in the mail but I havent had the time to set it up properly (i.e. no lights...) so the pictures haven't improved all that much yet

NEXT MONTH: Probably just some basic Ork boyz.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/IMGP0517.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/IMGP0524.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/IMGP0520.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/IMGP0542.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/IMGP0543.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/IMGP0547.jpg

Doi

Iziuth
09-12-2011, 05:38
This is the placeholder, will try to get some pics in the weekend.

Devilish
09-12-2011, 06:11
Place holder, let's see what I can get done during the weekend.

misterboff
10-12-2011, 07:20
Some comments for page 1 (I'll try to get round to page 2 later on this weekend):

@colonel kane trine: What a great start to the Tale! All of your stuff looks good, and the white seems very well done. I've counted your first first for October and your second for November, so your'e pretty much on track.

@matt_17: After last month's test Guardsman you've certainly managed to put out a squad that looks just as good. The Plasmaguns look fine to me, especially the crazy guy one the left using it one-handed!

@give_me_a_d: Your Thousand Sons look great, and fit in nicely with last month's Sorceror. I love the nurglings too, and the variety of colours makes them a bit more individual.

@Rikk: Your Nob looks rather cool - a good start to the Tale. The red claws remind me a bit of the old Gorkamorka transfers (if you remember them). I'm a Deathskull myself, but I've always had a soft spot for Bad Moons. Are those guitar string 'pipes' on his base?

@Xazil: Another cool looking unit, I like the Stormbolter/Powerfist guys pose. I'm loving the old school green basing too.

@Zujara: Two brilliant tanks! The weathering look superb, and the green really makes the weapons stand out whilst complementing the grey nicely.

@Niveus Procer: Looks like you've had a busy month - well done! Your pictures a little blurry, but it looks like your Librarian fits in nicely with the rest of your army. I love the base too, all the little extra help to break up the blank space.

@djc: You're back to the tanks again, and it's another awesome job. I've never magnetised anything, but I can't tell that you have (which I guess I a compliment to how neatly/well it's been done). Another great Greater Daemon too. The feathers looks brilliant, and the head reminds me of that scene from Beetlejuice where the guy extends his face...

@dangermouse425: That's an impressive list of bits you've got there, and your conversion looks great. I think my favourite part is the (psychic) hood - very fitting for a Librarian.

@Mini77: More lovely paintjobs as usual. I love the little details, like the wires on the Cyclone and the text on the shoudler pad. Great work on the Dread too, the red and yellow both look very clean.

@razormasticator: It sounds like a very busy month for your Deathskulls, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they've turned out...

@Jonahmaul: No worries about the few extra days. I found that washes made my Land Raider look a bit streaky too, so in the end I think I used quite a small brush to paint the wash on in lines, and then it didn't look too bad.

razormasticator
10-12-2011, 13:03
Photos are up, comments for the rest in the next few days!

punkfish
10-12-2011, 20:35
Sorry for the late entry, unfortunately I had a couple of family bereavements this month and understandably, my time to get the minis photographed and up on the plog has been limited.

Anyway, here's my entry for this month

DICE ROLL - 1

MONTHLY TOTAL: 160pts
TOTAL TO DATE: 480pts

UNIT(S):
IG Veterans squad with the Demolitions doctrine
IG special weapons sniper squad

BUILD/CONVERSION:
Straight out of the zip bag

PAINTING/BASING:
Codex grey fatigues with badab black wash, black body armour with codex grey highlights, red visors. Bases are drybrushed codex grey and the rims painted with graveyard earth.

STILL TO DO:
A few final details/finishing touches, the bases for the Veteran squad need to be finished off.

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: Getting both squads finished

Lows: None really

NEXT MONTH:
I'm going to make the army tabletop legal by adding a Commissar Lord (old school Commissar with powerfist/power sword) and a IG Command Section.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6220/6358231681_36b64292cf_z.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6117/6358232201_64af16c4ac_z.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6037/6358233031_67187dea10_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7003/6488709363_ba22270061_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7141/6488710725_43d6b6d405_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7173/6488712355_f935048526_z.jpg

Anyway, thanks for reading guys. I'll put some comments up for the other submissions in the next few days.

perplexiti
11-12-2011, 20:18
Alright, comments time. I should get my work up in the next couple of days, just been too slack to take pics.

Page 1:

@misterboff: Nice Skullhamma, it looks great man!

@colenel kane trine: Looking good so far, same schem as my sons nids too.

@matt_17: Nice guard, I like the grey clothing.

@give_me_a_d: Awesome little nurglings, and those thousand sons are really nice as well.

@Rikk: Cool nob, his yellow shirt is really well done.

@Xazil: They look pretty cool man, are you going to paint the crosses on their tabards?

@Zujara: Nice dirty tanks mate. Some of that FW stuffs really nice.

@Niveus Procer: Can't see a lot from the pics, (I have the same problem) but what I can see looks pretty nice man.

@djc: Great tank mate! Your army is going to look the buisness when its finished. Nice little LOC too.

@dangermouse425: Nice kitbash, he looks fantastic.

@mini77: Your dead suns marines are still looking awesome mate! And I'm looking forward to seeing more howling griffons too, I've always liked the quarterd schemes.

Page 2:

@Sgt John Keel: Nice dreads man.

@SuperMitch: Cool sisters man, I've always thought those minis are fantastic. The only other thing would be maybe a wash for the skin? It just looks a little flat, but then you've painted eyes, and I can't do that!

@Fanny Crowbar: Great work, you're really keeping the quality up there!

@Doi: Awesome warboss mate! Great job. And the squig is cutley disturbing!

@punkfish: Cool elysians, great stuff.

Darnok
12-12-2011, 03:59
Another joker for me. Not sure wether I'll drop out or not yet. :(

Niveus Procer
12-12-2011, 16:40
i'll repost better pics in a few days crappy camera phone etc...

dangermouse425
12-12-2011, 21:57
My WIP for December:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Danger_Mouse/20111212_200309.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Danger_Mouse/20111212_212212.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Danger_Mouse/20111212_221656.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Danger_Mouse/20111212_223902.jpg

misterboff
13-12-2011, 06:15
Some page 2 comments from me (finally):

@f2k: You've got a busy looking workplace there, which is always good for an Ork player! Looking forward to seeing how the Boarbikes turn out.

@Sgt John Keel: Two great looking Dreadnoughts, well done. I like the little blue lights and the black rectangle/triangle to distinguish them.

@SuperMitch: Good work on your Sisters of Battle. The limited red/black/silver/gold colour scheme works really well, and I don't think I've ever seen one with brown hair before (although it looks cool).

@Fanny Crowbar: Another simple yet brilliant conversion (with the plastic Medusae). The Sslyth looks great with the different arms and the Ur-Ghul really suits the colour that you used for it. The Hellion is awesome too.

@Jihad_Ragsta: More great work on your Crusaders, expecially all the little scripts on the shoulder pads. Your BFG stuff looks good once again - and I'm looking forward to seeing how your Ork Hammer turns out!

@Doi: Excellent conversion! The Ogre body is the perfect size for a Warboss, and it's just a brilliant use of parts all round. The Attack Squig's cybork bits fit really well too.

@punkfish: That's another good looking pair of units you've got there - I'm loving the red visors. I think the guy running with the Demo Charge is my favourite, and the snipers on the large bases are a great idea.

########

Youíre a hard taskmaster...

With all due respect, I think itís a bit harsh. Sometimes life just throws an awful lot of *biiiiib* at you all at once (donít even get me started on how my lifeís been the last few months) and suddenly getting this monthís quota of plastic soldiers done isnít really that big a priority.

Iíve been trying to follow the tale, despite having lots of other stuff going on, and Iím generally very impressed by the level of commitment and painting Iíve seen. I would rather have as many people as possible posting on the thread, despite having a few jokers too many, than to see the number of participants dwindle until thereís barely a single page worth of entries each month...

That's a fair comment and I respect your opinion on the matter. Although the 'deadline' is the 7th of each month I am quite lenient when someone posts a few days late. For example, colonel kane trine posted two months worth of entries this month to buy back a Joker, and all the people with placeholders are fine too (I'll update their points when they update their placeholders).

From next month, I'll move the deadline back to the 10th of each month (which I did halfway through last year). This gives everyone a bit more time for over the Christmas/New Year period, and if anyone's a bit late in posting then they'll be ok too.

########

As for me, I was planning to use a Joker for December, but it looks like I may be moving house sometime in January/February now. Therefore, I'll try to paint up some higher points stuff for December (a Forgeworld Runtbot to count as a Warboss, and a pair of Dethkoptaz) before I pack everything away for the move...

Devilish
13-12-2011, 09:01
Re-arming and then magnetizing options for my squads has taken more time than I imagined. Also the vision on how they will look has changed. Any suggestions on how to removed glued heads or other things that aren't easily accessible with knife without damaging the components in question?

I'll have to put a THIRD joker for november, but I'm currently working on 2 units of warriors, wych squad and wracks at the moment. That should give me atlest my double monthly goal when finished, buying back November.

I'll post my WIP pics during this week to prove it.

Raven667
13-12-2011, 10:31
I have decended into the dark underworld of necromunda, so I'll have to play a joker for this months work. I hope to return in the new year with fresh painting :)

razormasticator
14-12-2011, 13:31
Okay folks, comments time.

Also, a question, I placed my photos. can everyone see them?

@ mistaboff... love that skullhamma... anytime the orks can have a fast moving superheavy with a big gun is a plus. great paint on that bad boy as well.

@ colonel kane trine Nids look good, seems like a productive month for you. I prefer the first photo obviously. But good start to your Hive Mind Horde.

@matt_17 solid, solid guardsmen. I really like the color of the uniforms here. good stuff.

@give_me_a_d great looking chaos stuff here D. I dig the old Thousands sons models too cool. and the nurglings are especially nasty!

@Rikk, love the bad moons color scheme always have. Nice basing, looking forward to seeing him done.

@Zujara Those tanks are sweet. I really like the green as an added color on the Russ & Chimera barrells. It adds that extra punch!

@Niveus Procer you have been productive. I like the basing and the army is coming along as a solid and cohesive looking force. My Dark Eldar look forwards to killing them. LOL...

@djc both your entries are very well painted. I like the lord of Change alot. and the Banewolf etc is solid as ever. Your going to have an excellent looking army when your done!

@dangermouse425 I really love your color scheme and the libby is sexy as hell. Even with those brighter colors he looks forboding with his hood etc. well done.

@Mini77 excellent work out of you as always. Good stuff here, I always loved Cyclone Missile Launcher Termies! And the Dread, well I posted in your log what I thought. Stunning dude, that color scheme requires patience and skill. You have both.

@f2k I am cofused by your entry. I see some conversion, but no painting.

@Sgt John Keel, your pair of dreads are well painted and work well together. Nicely Done.

@SuperMitch the nuns with guns are going strong! they look great man. I think the bases could use a little contrast, the plain ballast etc. sort of bugs me, not the color mind you, because I like how it matches the lip of the base. But the lack of color varying.. I guess the uniformity?... anyhow. Good stuff regardlesss.

@Fanny Crowbar solid work out of you as always... I love the green hair on the last model, and the Seprent Slytth is awesome!

@Jihad_Ragsta a very productive month for you as well. The marines look solid as does your imperial fleet entry. You have alot on your plate and you seem to be getting it done. Kudos!

@Doi, Dude... that conversion rocks. and the paintjob is ace. Love the Squig!

matt_17
14-12-2011, 19:00
As for me, I was planning to use a Joker for December, but it looks like I may be moving house sometime in January/February now. Therefore, I'll try to paint up some higher points stuff for December (a Forgeworld Runtbot to count as a Warboss, and a pair of Dethkoptaz) before I pack everything away for the move...

My situation is similar. Except I'm not just moving in January... I'm moving to a new city and starting new job. Might not paint much of anything for both of those months. As such I plan to finish the remainder of the Cadian battleforce I have (ie. 10 man squad, command squad, 3 heavy weapon teams, sentinel) and the chimera that I just got this month to get as far ahead as possible.

EDIT: Yes, Razor, I can see your pics.

colonel kane trine
15-12-2011, 09:34
Sorry for leaving comments till late but its been a bad week il sort them asap

Heres my wip
The doom,a carnifex and a brood of devilgaunts :-)

Jonahmaul
15-12-2011, 12:03
Misterboff - my Librarian should be finished tonight ready to photograph tomorrow. Can I still post or should I joker and just keep it for a double post next month?

Everyone else - comments coming soon.

give_me_a_d
15-12-2011, 17:32
Misterboff - my Librarian should be finished tonight ready to photograph tomorrow. Can I still post or should I joker and just keep it for a double post next month?

Everyone else - comments coming soon.

You could possibly leave it until next month as the posting in January has the potential to be a bit thin as its not the easiest month to get a lot of painting done in. So boosting it with a double post would be good.

I for one will possibly struggle to post my full target in January - although I've got the last 3 Thousand Sons finished I'll need something else to get to my target and I'm not sure how much painting I'll get in over the next 2-3 weeks.

I will at least find sometime over the weekend to post comments.

misterboff
15-12-2011, 22:03

You could possibly leave it until next month as the posting in January has the potential to be a bit thin as its not the easiest month to get a lot of painting done in. So boosting it with a double post would be good.

Either option is fine, as you'll have the same end result (of the Joker either being not used or bought back).

As give_me_a_d said, the post in January (for December's completed work) is usually a bit light on entries with Christmas and New Year getting in the way!

colonel kane trine
15-12-2011, 23:42
@misterboff-i love the conversion you did for the skullhamma and its a great olour scheme :)
@matt_17-those guardsmen look great i love the fatigues there wearing
give_me_a_d-those are amazing! love the nurglings and the blues on those thousand sons!
rikk-love the powerklaw on that nob! look forward to more
xazil-love the siege shields on those marines
@zujara-awesome looking tanks you have there!
@niveus procer-great looking marines! love the dread
@djc- thats awesome im liking the beastman guard theme and the old school demon
@dangermouse425-thats one awesome marine!
@razormasticator-love everything you have done but those kans are definately my favourite!
@f2k-looks intriguing :)
@sgt john keel- love the red on that dread!
@supermithc-those are some nice looking nuns with guns!
@fannycrowbar-love the armour and conversions on those court models!
@jihad_ragsta-great looking marine force!
@doi-thats warboss is awesome love the squig!
@punkfish-loving the realism to those guard you have done :)

matt_17
17-12-2011, 13:21
Comments time, sorry its taken so long to get these up.

misterboff - big, scary and orky... what more needs to be said?

colonel kane trine - looking good there, the red claws are quite menacing.

give_me_a_d - I really like the colours choice and execution on your Thousand Sons. The nurglings are cute...

Rikk - fittingly orky, I like it.

Xazil - Siege shields! Those things look amazing and make for a nice variation on the typical Space Marine.

Zujara - We've seen what your infantry looks like over the first few months (which have been very good) and I've been looking forward to seeing a tank. These two a therefore a treat. Nice work.

Niveus Procer - Some good marines there. Nice work, keep it up.

djc - Nice flame tank, and the Lord of Change is beautiful... where is that model from? Old GW, independent manufacture, home made?

dangermouse425 - On the modelling front, nice kitbash. As far as painting goes, your red is beautifully rich. I like it.

Mini77 - I'm coming to expect this level of excellent quality painting from you. These guys are crisp and clean which is hard with black/white colour schemes. Also very hard to get quartering as accurate as you have in on the dread. Excellent work.

razormasticator - I've liked the look of your orks from day one and these are no exception to that.

Sgy John Keel - Very, very nice work. The metals on these dreads are menacingly dark which makes the red pop just that little bit more. One of my favourites for the month.

SuperMitch - nice work on the sisters, the army is coming along very nicely.

Fanny Crowbar - Excellent work. I really do like the colouring and highlighting on your army. Very effective it is.

Jihad_Ragsta - Nice work here, on all three entries. I think I've said this before, but I really like the colouring of your marines.

Doi - Good converting and painting jobs on both models. These are very, very nice. A slighly overweight (but still scary) looking work is rare to see, and therefore a welcome change.

punkfish - I think I've said this before too, but I really like the choice of colours for your guys and these are excellently executed paintjobs too. One of my favourite submissions this month.

Jonahmaul
18-12-2011, 14:00
MONTHLY TOTAL: 130 POINTS (22 TARGET)

TOTAL TO DATE: 360

BACKGROUND/THEME: Just a standard Brzen Claw army although I read that they don't have many terminator suits which I won't be sticking to!

UNIT(S): Terminator Librarian

BUILD/CONVERSION: Space Hulk Librarian with the blood angel bits taken off and green stuff balls in there place. Not happy with one or two on this miniaure so might start leaving the harder to reach ones on and just painting them green to make them look less like blood drops.

PAINTING/BASING: Sprayed Army Painter Pure Red then Quartered. If anybody wants further info please ask & I can provide. Basing still to do as I'm going to do a batch together as I'm using bi-carbonate snow method.

STILL TO DO: Just the basing.

HIGHS AND LOWS:
Highs: I'm pretty please with how it's come out, I think I've done a good job although it took a lot longer than I thought.
Lows: This isn't Land Raider which is what I was planning on doing! This has now been stripped and is waiting to be (re)painted.

NEXT MONTH: Hopefully the above mentioned Land Raider although I'm away for a while over Christmas/New Year so won't have a lot of time. Will do what I can though.

Comments on everybody else's stuff to come soon.

matt_17
19-12-2011, 08:23
Firstly, Jomahmaul, that librarian is spectacular.

Secondly, here is some work in progress for the month. I'm trying to get quite a bit down for December to make up for the fact that I will make small, possibly non-existent, contributions in January and maybe February too. These pics were taken a while ago now and promptly forgotten about. Everything below is now sprayed black at the least; quite a bit is finished, including a few things that aren't pictured here.

A company command squad. From Left to right: Master of Ordinance, Body Guard, Company Commander, Vox Caster, Plasma Gunner. In the background you can see the Lascannon that will be part of this squad too. Also, the plasma gunners I submitted for November are back there too, shows how long these guys have been assembled for.
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/teh_q21/Command.jpg

A chimera
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/teh_q21/chimera1s.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/teh_q21/chimera1f.jpg

Here are the three melra gunners from my second vet squad with Gunnery Sergeant Harker and Payback, his heavy bolter.
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/teh_q21/HarkerMelta.jpg

Ragsta
19-12-2011, 10:40
Okay. Here we go... *Deep breath*

Misterboff - That Skullhamma looks uber, nuff said! It looks very nice alongside your other wagon - I imagine a group shot would be even cooler. But get painting - you should be leading by example!! :P
colonel kane - Nice scheme on the Nids! I', glad you're actually enjoying the paintjobs now - you've already won half the battle in getting an army done when that happens.
matt_17 - Love that camo scheme, it looks very cool. These squaddies have subtle differences from the 'norm' that makes them nice and distinctive - particularly the basing and markings.
Give_me_a_d - Love the Nurglins! Who DOESN'T love those little gribblies ? The Sons also look very nice indeed.
Rikk - Excellent start, a whole host of these will look very impressive.
Xasil - Your use of different shield types is very cool, and I like that these are a lesser known Chapter. I think the eye lenses could use a little more work - a lighter shade of green within the current colour you're using would give them some depth.
Zujara - Awesome tanks!
Niveus - Very nice progress, mate.
djc - All your stuff looks really good - it's been said before but the little Chaotic additions to your vehicles really do work well.
dangermouse - This is a really good piece for your first Marine! Can't really fault it... Perhaps one lighter layer of red over the armour before you add that edge highlighting?
mini77 - I dislike you. All your stuff looks most excellent ;) Griffons look awesome and you make painting black oh so simple.
razormasticator - I love these Orks, and more so because you are using a novel method of getting them done. Keep going! Get that massive list done!
Sgt John Keel - The Furioso twins look very good, you're being too hard on yourself. They make for great TT quality and I like the vibrant red.
SuperMitch - Nice scheme for the Sisters and well done on getting them done! I agree that the faces need a little shading to bring them out but they still look solid.
Fanny Crowbar - Very well done. I like the layering on that Ur=Ghul and Sslyth in particular.
Doi - Awesome Warlord! The use of Ogre pieces to make him even bigger is splendid!
punkfish - I love the look of these infantry - I would like to see some better photos of them though as I think we are missing out on the finished effect. They also seem slightly dusty? You have achieved a nice black with the armour and the visors are sweet.

Guys, I have updated my Crusader Marine photo on page 2 because the original looked dire. I won't post it here as that would just take up valuable WIP space.

colonel kane trine
19-12-2011, 12:12
@jihad_ragsta
Thanks and yep my original problems with the scheme demotivated me quite alot. If it wasnt for that id have gotten alot more done.
Although doing 4 armies in 2 tomg is also adding to my dwindling amount of things done.
Either way I will stick to it and get everything done

Mini77
21-12-2011, 03:45
Thanks to the people who've commented on my stuff. I'll get some of my own up over the next few days. For now here's some WIP pics for December;

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/mini77bucket/hg01.png

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/mini77bucket/004-2.png

razormasticator
21-12-2011, 15:25
Thanks everyone for all of the positive feedback!

Rikk
22-12-2011, 09:45
misterboff - Great looking Skullhamma, all of the extra additions work really well to bring it together as a very 'orky-fied' tank, I'd love to put together a big tank/vehicle one day, might just get myself a Stompa when I've finished my megaforce (P.s. Cheers for putting together and updating the thread)

colonel kane thrine - I like the leviathan theme, great choice, 8k...ouch that sounds like a lot of painting to get done

matt_17 - That's a very nice unit, all comes together really well, looking forward to seeing thw whole army when done

give_me_a_d - vey cool nurglings and very crisp TS, really like how they've come out

Xazil - Great name for the chapter, I like it when I see units with shields and the bases match the scenery and board you use which I try to aim for with my armies as they look in the right place when playing games :)

Aenarion - Sorry to heear of your loss, not a great time of year for things like that to happen with the holidays fast approaching, hope things pick up and looking forward to seeing the bases match up with the red

Zujara - Glad you've got your points goal, I'm seriously struggling to get anywhere close to mine, tanks looking good, I like the mud effects on the tracks

Niveus Procer - Looking good, congrats on the marriage

djc - very cool, liking the little additions alot

djc - oldschool always a win :) would like to see the BT :)

dangermouse425 - Great start to the tales, really liking the colour scheme, looking forward to seeing more

pudsey098 - Sorry to hear of your loss, hope things pick up for you

Mini77 - Also great chapter name, the scrolling of the plate guard is awesome and a like the basing alot

Mini77 - HG colour scheme is always a big favourite of mine, v clean and well painted, are you going to put any text on the scroll on leg plate? think it would look good

razormasticator - very cool colour scheme, like how it all ties in together to bring differetn units together. 30 boyz next month? ouch, I'm struggling to get 5 done a month

f2k - looking good so far, looking foward to more

Sgt John Keel - very noce painting on the BA, look the chapter symbol on part of front plate

SuperMitch - Not sure why, but I see very little SoB armies about, your look really good

Thalenchar - How did you get on with the Skaven in the tourny?

Fanny Crowbar - Great colour scheme, the pale skin, blue and green fit very well together as does the basing

Jihad_Ragsta - Very much liking the colour scheme and text/writting on shoulder pads

colonel kane trine - cool looking HT, definately an awesome model, can understand it would be a pain if metal as quite a big model

Doi - Absolutely awesome conversion, v well painted, don't know how I see so many people pull off the checks so well, esp as mine are all over the place, can I ask what you used for the backpack?

punkfish - liking the black/grey v much, fits in v well for 40k style camo and the red visors fit v well

Jonahmaul - Cool librairan, that the one from Space Hulk?

@misterboff, would love to say I'm good enough to convert things like guitar strings for bases and stuff, but unfortunately, it's just off the 40k basing kit, resin pipe

Everyone's WIP look very promising, not going to put up any WIP myself, have finished 3 Lootaz, however waylaid by getting an A'Rok done for ToFP so prob no more 40k painting until Jan for me :(

perplexiti
22-12-2011, 19:21
Well I'm pretty late this month!

Perplexiti’s Space Wolves: 2011

MONTHLY TOTAL: 570

TOTAL TO DATE: 700

BACKGROUND/THEME: Ragnar Blackmane’s Great Company.

UNIT(S): Logan Grimnar, Land Raider and a Drop Pod.

BUILD/CONVERSIONS: No conversions, they are all just standard figs.

PAINTING/BASING: Basecoated black, then a Fenris grey coat, with very heavy drybrushes of shadow grey then spacewolf grey. The metal bits were chainmail with a badab black wash. I forget the name of the yellow I've been using for the lenses, but it's put over a iyanden darksun base. The gold on Logan is gryphonne sepia over chainmail.

STILL TO DO: Nothing but the basing, I've decided to sit down at the end of the tale and base all of them at once.

HIGHS AND LOWS: No lows again, has been really difficult to get into a painting mood lately though.

NEXT MONTH: Not sure, maybe some more infantry, or just a character.

All three:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/perplexiti/SW-month4.jpg

Army so far:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/perplexiti/SW-month4army.jpg

perplexiti
22-12-2011, 19:23
Well I'm pretty late this month!

Perplexitiís Space Wolves: 2011

MONTHLY TOTAL: 570

TOTAL TO DATE: 700

BACKGROUND/THEME: Ragnar Blackmaneís Great Company.

UNIT(S): Logan Grimnar, Land Raider and a Drop Pod.

BUILD/CONVERSIONS: No conversions, they are all just standard figs.

PAINTING/BASING: Basecoated black, then a Fenris grey coat, with very heavy drybrushes of shadow grey then spacewolf grey. The metal bits were chainmail with a badab black wash. I forget the name of the yellow I've been using for the lenses, but it's put over a iyanden darksun base. The gold on Logan is gryphonne sepia over chainmail.

STILL TO DO: Nothing but the basing, I've decided to sit down at the end of the tale and base all of them at once.

HIGHS AND LOWS: No lows again, has been really difficult to get into a painting mood lately though.

NEXT MONTH: Not sure, maybe some more infantry, or just a character.

All three:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/perplexiti/SW-month4.jpg

Army so far:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/perplexiti/SW-month4army.jpg

colonel kane trine
30-12-2011, 22:04
Im going to have to drop my tyranids. Im trading them away as they just arent for me!
I cant update anything for january but il be back in february with my necrons of the Raseptra dynasty :p
Il stick to boys category and try to catch up.

I should have known nids wouldnt have worked for me!

Sorry guys

Darnok
30-12-2011, 22:27
Seasons greetings everybody! :D

A bit late, bit this jolly fellow did a fine job today leading my Daemons into battle. Technically, he was a "Daemon Prince of Slaanesh". But he was more a Sandy Claws.

Next year will start with a return to this Tale, as I have finished a unit of Plaguebearers. But that is next years business.

For now, with the last one being in action:

misterboff
31-12-2011, 08:13
Im going to have to drop my tyranids. Im trading them away as they just arent for me!
I cant update anything for january but il be back in february with my necrons of the Raseptra dynasty :p
Il stick to boys category and try to catch up.

I should have known nids wouldnt have worked for me!

Sorry guys

No worries - I'll update you on the list.

Seasons greetings everybody! :D

A bit late, bit this jolly fellow did a fine job today leading my Daemons into battle. Technically, he was a "Daemon Prince of Slaanesh". But he was more a Sandy Claws.

Next year will start with a return to this Tale, as I have finished a unit of Plaguebearers. But that is next years business.

For now, with the last one being in action:

Ho ho ho!

colonel kane trine
31-12-2011, 12:09
Thanks misterboff :-)
Il get 400+ points done by february and sort out my joker situation as I dont want to have to leave the tale

give_me_a_d
31-12-2011, 15:11
I promised some comments a while ago now so here we go -

Page 1
misterboff - great looking skullhamma, the stompa face plate in the centre is a nice touch. A great addition to your army
colonel kane trine - an impressive amount of painting and a nice paint scheme. The red claws/talons really stand out
matt_17 - I think you must be a bit mad to be doing the squad markings but its detail like that that really makes the difference
Rikk - nice nob, I like the three claws detail it should bring everything together nicely. Looking forward to more
Xazil - I like the combination of bits for this squad and its a distinctive colour scheme you've gone for
Zujara - two good looking vehicles there, usinghe forgeworld bits definitely adds something to the russ
Niveus Procer - Sounds like you've had a busy month so well done for posting. Your pictures are a little blurry, but it looks like your Librarian fits in nicely with the rest of your army. Nice bases on him and the dread too
djc - thats a good looking vehicle, beastmen guard takes me back to the old RT days 20 odd years ago
dangermouse425 - that certainly is a kitbash but looks great can't wait for the details on the banner and shield
Mini77 - lovely sharp highlights and detail in general on both the dead suns and the howling griffons
razormasticator - your orks are looking good, thenon-conventional technique really works

More comments soon.
Thanks for all the comments on my Thousand Sons and the nurglings

misterboff
01-01-2012, 08:06
Hi guys and gals,

The new thread is now up:

The Tale of 40k Painters 2011-2012 MONTH 5 (DEC completed work & JAN WIP) (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328516)

The new thread is for completed entries for December (up until the 10th) and work in progress (WIP) for January (from the 11th). Please only post completed work for December in the new thread until the 10th.

give_me_a_d
01-01-2012, 16:27
A few more comments -

f2k - I like the look of the cyboar, just need to get some paint on it now!
Sgt John Keel - despite or possibly because of the issues you had the dreads have turned out nicely, the details, especially the skulls look good
SuperMitch - an effective paint scheme neatedly painted, your army should look really good
Fanny Crowbar - I think yours is my favourite army in the Tale ATM a really distinctive colour scheme very crisp painting whats not to like?
Jihad_Ragsta - those marines are excellent as are the ships. I'm curious to see how the ork ship turns out
colonel kane trine - the hive tyrant looks good although the photo is a bit fuzzy
Doi - the warboss and especially the attack squig are great both for the conversion work and for the paint job
punkfish - if it weren't for the red visors these guys would completely blend into the bases but the visors really make them
Jonahmaul - definitely work the wait, I particularly like the cloth. Good work
perplexiti - thats quite a collection of models for one month well done

Everyone's WIP is looking good. After finishing the last of my unit of Thousand Sons I've decided to finish off a Bloodcrusher I started about a year ago for the remainder of the points. I've also made a start on the Herald of Khorne on jugger which I think will be what I post in February.

Last but not least Happy New Year everyone

f2k
08-01-2012, 19:30
First of all, sorry íbout being MIA for so long. But Iíve had a really wacky December...

Secondly, thank you for the encouragement on the cyboars. Theyíre coming along nicely, I think, but thereís still a lot of greenstuffing to do...

Anyway, before switching to the new thread I figured I just pop in, say thank you, and show a picture of what I should have been doing during the Christmas break: Gimzod, da Wonda Wyrdboy.

No, itís not because heís wonderful in any sort of way. In fact, heís actually a fairly poor excuse for a Weirdboy. No, the name comes from the fact that itís a wonder that he hasnít blown himself up already...

http://www.warworks.dk/pics/warhammer40k/orks/gimzod_001_small.jpg ( http://www.warworks.dk/pics/warhammer40k/orks/gimzod_001_large.jpg)

It was actually a very simple conversion. I spotted a metal Wurrzag at 25% off at the local hobby store, took him home, cut of the plume of feathers, replaced the bone-knife with a more modern looking steel-knife, put on a bit of greenstuff and that was it...