PDA

View Full Version : Giant senerio game needing help please!

bigbear bailey
07-01-2012, 07:49
Me and bunch of friends want to throw together a 9 hour game and we were hoping to make it a interesting game. Only thing is that we have never done a game with diffrent point costs so we need some help from you old time gamers.

Here is the run down of what we have going on. 5 turns.

attackers are:

guard (2k pts)
space wolves (1k pts)
blood angels (2k pts)
ultra marines (1k pts)
Grey knights (1k pts)
Black templar (1k pts)

vs defenders

Chaos marines (2k pts)
Daemons (2k pts)
Dark eldar (2k pts)

The battle field will look like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3xxxxxx

x=meaning table space for terrain. A lot of mine fields, tank traps, ruins, and razor wire

(1)= meaning defender siege gun with special rules
"Gaze of gods skull"
Fires randomly every turn with the following profile. Roll a die, and consult the chart below.

1-3 "The eyes of the skull let out gouts of flame as hot the purple sun of Ulgan"

Measure 18" from the skull and place the large apocolipse flamer template. Any models hit take a STR 6 ap 2 hit with no cover saves allowed.

4-6 "The skull tillts back and the mouth hurles a ball of warp energy that explodes upon impact with the ground, destroying all in it's path"

Minimum range 36" place large apocolipse round template and all models hit take a STR 7 hit with a ap of 1. Tanks hit in this manner are done so on their side armor.

Once per game "Summoning all the might of the Dark Gods the followers release the full might of their dark weapon upon their prey"

Place the apocolipse barrage template any where on the table and roll three times for it. Any model hit in this fashion takes a STR 9 hit with a AP of 2 (Cover saves are allowed).

(2)= Chaos warp rift that must be closed for attackers to win the game. I figure it will be a must have 15 attacking infantry models within 6" of it to shut it down, and -5 guys required for each other objective destroyed.

(3)= Slave pit that allows defenders to get more troops if they save the people in side (Conscipts and Ogryn) or the attackers more guys (in the form of wracks and grotesques) if they aren't saved by turn 3.

The thing I am worried about with this is my points level. I a pretty set on the skull working the way it does (as well as the other things for that matter) but here are a few things I need help with!

How many points is enough attacks and defenders so it's a good & fun game?

How hard should I make the Skull and the slave pit be to kill?