PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Avatar next

Lord Squidar
11-01-2012, 21:06
Hi Guys,

So been looking at this beautiful model so much, I am wondering if it is time to get it.

I currently have the following models, and aiming to do a foot eldar slogging army, because I love foot slogging =)

I have:

Farseer
3 warlocks
autarch
8 dire avengers exarch with twin catapults in perpent
7 dire avengers exarch with with shimmershield
10 guardians
5 pathfinders
6 scorpions, ex has THE CLAW
5 warp spiders
wraithlord with EML and sword
war walker with scatter lazers
fire prism

Aside from the avengers in serpent who are supposed to be fast, everything is on foot... I know I probably need another 2 guardian squads but those are boring compared to the avatar.

So is it a good idea at this stage? I refuse point blank to get the old one... :evilgrin::evilgrin:

Project2501
11-01-2012, 21:28
Well, if you "Point blank" refuse to buy the standard GW avatar, and really want one, outside of getting a 'counts-as' model from some other manufacturer, I don't see what other option(s) you have.

On the plus side, after having finally 'bit the bullet' and buying myself some forgeworld goodies recently, I can say that (provided they aren't misscasts) they are a treat to behold and work with.

teheuax
11-01-2012, 23:13
I would go for it. But then, the forgeworld avatar is a thing of pure beauty.

Bloodknight
11-01-2012, 23:16
Buy one, it's an awesome model and - for FW - not that expensive. I know a few guys who have one, none of them regretted it.

baphomael
11-01-2012, 23:36
A truly awesome model. I'd say, if you have the cash to spare, its well worth it. Its a thing of beauty, and its on the 'cheaper' end of the scale for large monster centrepiece models. I got the FW bloodthirster in lieu of the aging then-metal GW bloodthirster (heh, I remember crapping myself with nerdgasm when the current greater daemons were originally released. They were so awesome back then :p) A little bit more expensive...but totally worth it)

Beppo1234
12-01-2012, 09:55
Buy one, it's an awesome model and - for FW - not that expensive. I know a few guys who have one, none of them regretted it.

time-share?

Disturbed Frog
12-01-2012, 10:34
time-share?

Picturing this in my head made me lol.

Bloodknight
12-01-2012, 12:32
Yeah, everybody threw 20€ in the box and now they rotate it. Not. ;)

Radium
12-01-2012, 13:01
I would go for it. But then, the forgeworld avatar is a thing of pure beauty.

It is! That's why I own three!

Yes, I really have 3 FW Avatars (And GW one, and RT era one...).

MajorWesJanson
12-01-2012, 23:54
I vote FW sword Avatar.

GrimZAG
13-01-2012, 03:10
I would get the guardian squads first (and promise myself that they must be painted before I get the Avatar) because then I'll still have the Avatar to look forward to and motivation for the guardians. That's just me, because otherwise I just would take forever to build/paint the guardians.

Lord Squidar
13-01-2012, 03:38
Thanks for the responses guys.

SO spoke to my bank manager and dictator for the foreseeable future, the GF. She said its ugly (fantasy fan) but I am allowed to get it once we get her pay check for this month, so a little waiting. She is working and I am doing my thesis, haha!

I am kind of settled on the sword guy. I just like him a little more than the spear, plus that spear looks a nightmare to store and transport!

Going to start off the mini with a white undercoat (my first ever) and then work on yellows and oranges from there up, finally getting to a layer of dark iron furthest away from the molten cracks. Will take ages to paint but thats good, more hours of entertainment for me.