PDA

View Full Version : Good 750pts Blood angels list?

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 10:19
What does it contain? Me and my friend are planning on making a tournament list for Blood angels. We found a contemptor dreadnough at my place without arms. And I have the codex. We are going to make 750pts

So whats a good battle list containing a contemptor dread? Pick any arms you'd like.

I know know. You dont serve an army list on a silver plate. I just want tips on wich arms and wich HQ and units that are good for a 750pts list.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 11:49
Well you'll more than likely end up with a basic Librarian (100) and 2 5 man assault squads in LCPG Razors (330) So that's 430pts for your HQ and 2 troop choices so for the rest just add what you can get. Which Dread is a contemptor? (sorry if i sound like a noob, just never heard of that one)

zis
15-01-2012, 12:08
Contemptor is a forge world dreadnought, abit bigger then the normal and great looking.

I suggest you go cheap and take 2x autocannons for fire support, or use it as a furiousodread whit blood claws but then you need a pod or somthing to deliver it.

In my 750 tournaments i have always used mephiston, to expensive people say but it have always worked for me he is just such a beast and people donīt expect to see him in such a low point game, try a few games before and see for your self. Just give him a car to ride in and you should be fine. the rest of the points is in razorback squads 3 of them whit meltaguns.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 12:14
I fit my land raider redeemer in an 800pts tourney before xD that was a laugh. yays for 35pt discount on transports.

But yah i'd use it as just a rifledread or furioso. Rifledread will be cheaper at 105pts i do believe cause autocannons are free. so that would hit your points at 535 leaving you 215 left. maybe for a termie squad or another assault squad.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 14:31
Seems like the HQ is not clear but the choice of arms are. Would have been awesome to convert the contemptor having 2 of those fists and counting it as a furioso. But as you say I would need some sort of heavy firing. I know that orks can get in pretty much in 750pts. Among that a 14 armor value vehicle.

I would not like my HQ to walk alone. I've had bad experiences with that. Having the entire enemy team firing at that model. The only model walking alone in my armies are ork mek with shokk attack gun for obvious reasons.

So two five men squads in Razorbacks as troops? Contemptor with autocannon.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 14:42
your hq will more than likely end up as a bag standard Librarian with blood lance and shield. He will go with one of the squads in a razor. Against AV14 you have a melta in each Squad + the lascannons on the 2 razorbacks.

You have 215 points left to do what you want with which you could invest in another assault squad in razor and power fists for all the sergeants or some heavy firepower in the way of a predator and something cheap like a priest for the other assault squad.

Mr Zoat
15-01-2012, 15:25
215 pts will get you a Contemptor Dreadnought with Cyclone Missile Launcher and Plasma Cannon.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 16:48
Well yes but as they said and I agree I think Rifle contemptor is the way to go :P

Sgt John Keel
15-01-2012, 16:51
215 pts will get you a Contemptor Dreadnought with Cyclone Missile Launcher and Plasma Cannon.

Not in a Blood Angels army though. Twin TL Autocannons can't be done either.

Toadius80
15-01-2012, 16:56
I would personally go for a chaplain as hq. Find they work really well as a cc character. We did a 750 mini torny a while back and my angel force was all jp equipped did really well as most people go for meq and shooting thus with speed and good cc you tend to dominate quite well.
Did a dreadnought mess about one for a few friendlys, that was fun. Again a chaplain with jp, 2x5 man ass the rest dreads in pods, 1 a furiso clawed in fw dread pod ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 17:24
Well I made a short list with models I like. Using the contemptor as a normal dread.

Astorath

5 tactical
Chainsword
Melta
Razorback (Dozerblade)

5 Death company
Power weapon
Jumppacks

5 Tactical
Flamer
Chainsword
Drop pod

Dreadnought
Two twinlinked autocannons.

750pts exactly.

Btw Chaplain is an Elite choice in this book? O.O

Sgt John Keel
15-01-2012, 17:30
Can't have special weapons on 5-man Tactical squads, consider swapping them for Assault squads where it's legal (and cheaper). Personally, I'd rather have a jump-packed Vanguard Veteran squad than the Death Company.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 17:31
You can't have 2 TL autocannons. Only 1 TL autocannon. and yeah chaplains are elites for BA lol. I prefer it that way though as we get super chaplains (reclusiarchs).

I agree with jonn keel.

why would you want tactical squads in a BA army at all? Talk about handicapping yourself for no reason lol.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 17:43
Did not see the assault squad.

And It does not tell me that I cannot have two of them? It says that I can replace multi melta and blood fist with twin linked autocannons?
I might just be stupid.

Yeah I could choose more expensive jump pack dudes but then I think I must skip the dread. And I would not want that. Since I have half a dread at home so yeah.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 17:45
Those super expensive DC guys should more than make up for a basic VV squad. Plus you;re running a super expensive SC too. just run a basic Libby or Reclusiarch or something and save points. At 750 you can't afford to have too many toys.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 17:51
Well I want a good close combat squad to jump in with a character. I cant handle libby or magical powers. I tend to forget what magicans are good for.

As earlier poster said. Sometimes people say that characters like that take to much points but tends to do pretty much when well used.

I will try a new list but I will not lose the dread at least. It's a bit like throwing it in the bin.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 17:59
Just made you up a 750 point list.

Librarian 100
Blood lance
Shield of sanguinius

10 man assault squad 210
2 meltagun

5 man assault squad 165
meltagun
las/plas razor

5 man Vanguard Veteren squad 155
2 infernus pistols
power fist

Dreadnought 120
2 TL Autocannons

total = 750 exact.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 18:03
Hmm. But you said I could not have 2 twinlinked autocannons?

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 18:07
Just never saw it in the codex before. Only noticed it when i just looked :P I guess if the codex says you can then why not.

But that list i gave you would win stuff. Tbh if it was me i'd have land raider and a predator in there :D But you wants your Dread and that VV squad will come in real handy.

Sgt John Keel
15-01-2012, 18:09
Did not see the assault squad.

And It does not tell me that I cannot have two of them? It says that I can replace multi melta and blood fist with twin linked autocannons?
I might just be stupid.

Yeah I could choose more expensive jump pack dudes but then I think I must skip the dread. And I would not want that. Since I have half a dread at home so yeah.

You can have twin-linked autocannons on a normal Dreadnought.

The problem with the Death Company is that it is expensive, combined with Astorath it's a six man squad, costing more than half your army that you cannot choose how to move.

Replacing the Death Company with Vanguard makes sense (they benefit greatly from Shadow of the Primarch when using Heroic Intervention), but it leaves you with no spot for Astorath himself. Another alternative is to replace the Death Company with an Honour Guard with jump packs. It's still going to be a lot of points in one unit, but at least you can control it and it provides a FNP bubble to any other units nearby. A small price to pay is the loss of WS5, but with the re-rolls from Astorath it shouldn't matter much and it's a bit cheaper as well.

@Noobie2k7: You do realise that Vanguard Veterans don't have jump packs by default, I hope? They seem a bit immobile.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 18:23
Exactly my thought with the vanguards. I would like at least a character with a jump squad that can deal damage. The rest of the list I am fine with.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 18:48
I'm sure you can work it all out from here right? I think it's sorted what you're running.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 18:59
Well yes I will post another list in a few moments. Painting 28 grots at the moment so I am writing this with a brush in my other hand :)

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 19:13
haha fun times. I'm currently debating whether to get back to the fun task of continuing to paint a Predator. Just wish i had the money to buy an air brush lol.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 19:20
So here is a list. It is 1pts over but they said -2 or +2 does not matter.

We changed to flesh tearers theme.

Gabriel 160
7 assault team
power weapon
flamer
Drop pod (locator)

5 man assault
Melta
Razorback with las/plas

Dread with 2 TL autocannons

Predator with twinlinked lascannons and heavy bolter sponsons.

751pts.

To little models?
Thinking about replacing the predator with another assault team with drop pod. It costs 145pts for the pred.

Mr Zoat
15-01-2012, 19:47
Not in a Blood Angels army though. Twin TL Autocannons can't be done either.

How do you mean?

A Space Marine Contemptor Dreadnought is an Elites Choice in
a Codex Space Marine, Codex Dark Angels, Codex Space Wolves,
Codex Blood Angels or Codex Black Templars army.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 19:53
Yes but I will use it as a normal dreadnought :P

Sgt John Keel
15-01-2012, 20:09
How do you mean?

That's from the trial rules, right? They're not the same as the rules in Imperial Armour Apocalypse Second Edition. The normal Contemptor is for Space Marines, Dark Angels and Black Templars, the Blood Angels have their own as do the Space Wolves.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 20:19
Does the list I made seem fine? :)

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 20:24
Not really. You just ignored everything we discussed up to this point and made something completely different :P

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 20:36
Nope not completely. And I said I hated librarians and I wanted something different than the vanguards. They were not that mobile >.<

I am also not so pleased with the pred. Thinking of changing it for something different.

Noobie2k7
15-01-2012, 20:39
How are vanguards not mobile O_o They can assault the turn they deep strike and from then on are as mobile as your assault marines.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 20:43
Not good using deep strike to much. And expensive assault troops. I am listening a bit to Sgt as well :)

Sgt John Keel
15-01-2012, 20:47
How are vanguards not mobile O_o They can assault the turn they deep strike and from then on are as mobile as your assault marines.

You didn't give them jump packs.

How about:

Reclusiarch, Jump Pack

Honour Guard, Jump Packs

Assault Marines, Melta Gun, Power Fist

Razorback

Assault Marines, Melta Gun, Power Fist

Razorback

Dreadnought, 2 Twin-linked Autocannons

Alternatively switch out the fists for claws or swords and get some meltas/flamers for the Honour Guard.

Your Gabriel list looks a bit fun though.

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 20:54
I like that list. What would I use as honour guards? :)

Fizzy
15-01-2012, 22:25
Okay we signed up for the 900pts instead. We found it way to difficult to keep it lower and get models cheap enough.

Reclusiarch, Jump Pack
Sang. guards, banner and death masks

5 assault
Melta, power weapon
Razorback with TL lascannons

5 assault
melta, power fist
razorback with lascannons

Dreadnought with 2 TL autocannons.

900pts