PDA

View Full Version : Von Carsteins and Heavy Armor? What to do?

LotusCorgi
15-01-2012, 22:51
If you are like me you have plenty of the old von carstein hero models that are, unarguably, cool with the pompadors and cloaks- BUT now that heavy armor and shield is readily available for an upgrade what do we do? I detest the notion of "that spooky cloak counts as heavy armor" but I hate having no explanation worse. At least if I buy some cheap magic armor I could style it as "visable only to vampire vision", spooky invisible ethreal armor! But that is cheesy as hell :cheese:. A heavy cloak I can buy as a sub for a shield on a model. I believe dogs of war had some cloaked duelists that used capes as parrying tools. Or the dragon helm, I can "imagine" that on. What's everyone else doing? Am I looking to deep into this? The two vampire lords on foot available do have some armor and could easily be Von Carsteins...but now that the old Bela Lugosi models are not available I want to use em...If heros and lords can take light armor I could sub cloak and tunic and, I don't know, codpiece in as light armor, I guess....

Jack of Blades
15-01-2012, 22:57
He's just so hard that he counts as having heavy armour :)

Tuttivillus
15-01-2012, 23:05
He's just so hard that he counts as having heavy armour :)

I second that . There was a rumour about that, somewhere :D :angel:

noneshallpass!
15-01-2012, 23:12
My Countess has a protective gown. No sword shall ever be let underneath it if she does not want in to.

GotrekFan
15-01-2012, 23:27
Yeah, "Sword"...hee-hee

Okuto
15-01-2012, 23:36
Whats so hard about saying he's got armor under those robes.....

My lahmian certainly doesn't look like she wears anything but I've counted her as a killy blood dragon before...

I don't see the issue

If it's that big of an issue....just make a attendant model that carries your vampire's gear.....

Hicks
15-01-2012, 23:42
I remember seeing a cartoon with an aristocrat looking vampire that could turn his cape into blades to fight a sword wielding vampire hunter. You could just pretend that you Carstein does that.

EDIT: You can see a bit of him here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A2H1bpD25A&feature=related).

Eddie Chaos
16-01-2012, 00:16
He is just that hard

It goes down like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4Ij4RHH6M

BigbyWolf
16-01-2012, 02:32
GW don't think that hard about these things. Let's not forget that a chest-plate counts as full-plate armour these days.

Okuto
16-01-2012, 02:37
And not wearing a helmet is soooo in fashion

The Low King
16-01-2012, 03:18
Use the item (cloak of darkness or something?) that gives +1 AS and nullifies strength bonus's from weapons.....