PDA

View Full Version : Starting Chaos Army what should I do?

JManJump
19-01-2012, 10:04
Ok fluff wise I have a gudge agaisnt the Imperium and now I would like to wreck some havoc amongst it. now I want to use a Nugle/Tneezch army and I wondering which I should go for between Daemons or Marines.
Could I get your opinions on the Pros and Cons of those armies?
Cheers
:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin: :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

DietDolphin
19-01-2012, 10:31
Firstly I'll just point out that from a fluff point of view, Nurgle and Tzeentch hate each other (with a capital HATE), so and army combine these two would be seen as rather unfluffy.

However if that doesn't bother you then I would recommend Daemons. Use plague bearers as solid troops and Tzeentch support to do serious damage such as Daemon princes, flamers and screamers. Also, Fateweaver would make your plague bearers a nightmare to bring down. The main downside to daemons is that they have to deepstrike piecemeal so if you can get around that then your set.

The problem with doing Nurgle/Tzeentch with Chaos Marines is that you would be using Plague marines as troops (which is great) but theres really no reason to get any Tzeentch stuff as Thousand Sons are just plain inferior to Plague marines and nothing else Tzeentch is worth using (maybe Tzeentch Terminators?) since warptime got the nerf stick. though I do think you could get away with a plague marine/Tzeentch terminators/oblitorator list...

Anyway thats my opinion, hope it helps.

JManJump
19-01-2012, 10:53
Thank you very much I'm not to far concered with fluff.
and I don't really like using Charaters in games just because they can be annoyingly expensive and I like homebrew fluff.

HunteR got bored
19-01-2012, 10:54
The problem with doing Nurgle/Tzeentch with Chaos Marines is that you would be using Plague marines as troops (which is great) but theres really no reason to get any Tzeentch stuff as Thousand Sons are just plain inferior to Plague marines and nothing else Tzeentch is worth using (maybe Tzeentch Terminators?) since warptime got the nerf stick. though I do think you could get away with a plague marine/Tzeentch terminators/oblitorator list...

The Thousand sons AP3 bolters are great (capital GREAT) against power armoured foes, apart from that your screwed.

Plague marines do very well in assults, and are great for soaking up enemy fire.

Mr. Ultra
19-01-2012, 10:59
Starting Chaos Army what should I do?

Wait for the new Codex, it's just a few months.

DietDolphin
19-01-2012, 11:21
The Thousand sons AP3 bolters are great (capital GREAT) against power armoured foes, apart from that your screwed.

Plague marines do very well in assults, and are great for soaking up enemy fire.

The this is, multiple squads of 5 plagues marines with 2 plasma guns do this better and with T5, FnP and cover easily available, they are just flat out better all round 99% of the time.

Believe me when i say that it kills me to say this, as I play pure Thousand Sons...

Latro_
19-01-2012, 11:21
We keep hearing this its a few months away stuff. Has this been confirmed?

GrimZAG
19-01-2012, 12:00
I agree with DietDolphin.

Nurgle Daemon Princes are pretty good I've found, that extra toughness is a real pain against strength 4.

I've found that obliterators, daemon princes, dakka preds (autcannon + heavy bolters), plague marines (with plasma guns) and rhino clad chaos marines can form a pretty strong list.

I tried to use Thousand Son marines in many different combos but they just can't do enough damage, soak up enough damage or move quick enough for their points cost. There are just simply better options. You're better off getting normal marines with some meltaguns in a rhino. That being said - they still look the coolest :)

LonelyPath
19-01-2012, 12:53
We keep hearing this its a few months away stuff. Has this been confirmed?

Last I heard in rumours is that it's about the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) codex release after 6th edition, so it seems to be a while off yet :(

Sureshot05
19-01-2012, 15:07
What are you after from the armies?

Chaos space marines are a flexible army with an emphasis on assault. They can summon daemons to aid them (so you can still field the daemons if you wish) and have a few esoteric units, but are marines at their core.

Daemon armies are far more unique and very punishing if they go wrong. They are, however, one of the more unique armies in the game, but are like Eldar in their "units for a role" nature.

As to the two gods, with a leader each, i suspect you can play it off as two rivals trying to out do each other for their gods favour.
For CSM, you'll have a more ranged shooty army (both Nurgle and Tzeetch lend themselves to this, though the Nurgle Daemon prince will be a great counterpoint).
For Daemons, you'll have a mix, but with an emphasis on resilence. Add in Fate weaver and you'll find the army very hard to kill.

Noobie2k7
19-01-2012, 15:29
Go Daemons. Not enough daemon players around i feel :D Plus they're just damn cool and have some pretty nasty combos. Fate weaver + Great unclean one for lulz factor and unkillable greater daemons.