PDA

View Full Version : when is the VC battalion coming out?

qurfy
21-01-2012, 02:05
Title says it, also I hear people describing some units as, "cheesy" if I may; what does that mean?

Crymson
21-01-2012, 03:41
Overpowered.

Overtninja
21-01-2012, 05:32
it should come out early february, from what i've heard. i can't imagine it'll be full of different stuff than it was before, but wouldn't it be neat if it was? ;p

AlphariusOmegon20
21-01-2012, 06:01
It comes out Feb. 18th.

Contents are: 20 Skeletons, 20 Ghouls, 10 Dire Wolves, and a Corpse Cart

theJ
21-01-2012, 10:53
um... source?

The reason I'm wondering is because releases usually come the second weekend of each month, not the third.
Also, most starter sets include 4 separate kits, not 5 (exceptions apply, I'll admit... the Ogres only got 3! :eek:).

SteVieBizzLe
21-01-2012, 11:32
um... source?

The reason I'm wondering is because releases usually come the second weekend of each month, not the third.
Also, most starter sets include 4 separate kits, not 5 (exceptions apply, I'll admit... the Ogres only got 3! :eek:).

Ermmm...

1) 20 Skeleton
2) 20 Ghouls
3) 5 Dire Wolves
4) Corpse Cart

Where do you get 5 kits from?

redfury
21-01-2012, 22:35
This is a clone of a thread I posted. Anyhow, I'll point out(again) the list from dakka where all this came from actually says it'll include 71 miniatures but only lists 51, could mean they left out zombies

Henge Guardian
22-01-2012, 11:58
Ermmm...

1) 20 Skeleton
2) 20 Ghouls
3) 5 Dire Wolves
4) Corpse Cart

Where do you get 5 kits from?

You get 10 skeletons and 10 ghouls to a kit, therefore it is 5 and a 1/2 kits, as dire wolves come in boxes of 10?

theJ
25-01-2012, 19:27
@Henge Guardian: He said 10 Dire Wolves, so it would be a full 5 kits.

@Redfury: If you add a box of Zombies as well, that'll be 6 kits total(!).
While great news if true, it's hardly believable, especially when you factor in our last battalion(Ogres), who had a decrease in kits(4->3,5ish) rather than an increase.

loveless
25-01-2012, 19:42
It comes out Feb. 18th.

Contents are: 20 Skeletons, 20 Ghouls, 10 Dire Wolves, and a Corpse Cart

I'll take 8!

Okay...not 8...maybe 8? I need to check my list again... :p

As I said before - good news if true, everything in that kit is usable and (thankfully) not showing age like the Zombies.

Hawthorne
25-01-2012, 19:54
Just a curious test of your 4 kits per battllion (I'm not calling you a liar just never thought of it).
~3.5 Kits: Ogre Kingdoms, Wood Elfs
~4 Kits: Beastmen, Bretonnia (4 Men at Arms over), Dwarfs, Lizardmen (4 Saurus over, 12 skinks under), Skaven, Warriors of Chaos
~4.5 Kits: Orcs and Goblins, High Elves, Tomb Kings
~5 Kits: Daemons of Chaos, Dark Elves (4 Warriors under), Empire

Incase anyone cares I'll go over the halves real fast: Ogres get 2 Iron Guts over 3 complete kits, Wood Elves get 8 more Glade Guard than 3 complete kits, Orcs and Goblins have 5 extra Boyz on top of 4 complete kits, High Elves get 4 Spearmen and 4 Archers (and since each is a 16 box set normally) that essentially creates half over the 4 full kits, Tomb Kings get 8 extra skeletons on top of their 4 normal kits.

Also Lizardmen were quite odd...they come with half a box less of skinks but 4 extra saurus and they have a large portion of specials compared to most. (So they are 3.75 but I rounded up to 4 since they get more specials)

I was going to look at value and stuff too but I think other people already have done that. But 4 is standard although 4.5 and 5 shocking.

In terms of the alleged Vampire Count Battalion: If it's a Corpse Cart, 20 Skelies, 20 Ghouls, and 10 Dire Wolves that's 6 kits (putting it on top). If they sold it for 120 dollars (the same price as Tomb Kings which is the most expensive) it would still be roughly a free Corpse Cart. In the past the pattern was roughly 90 dollars worth of units plus a free unit* (it wasn't a rule but it was pretty close), but the last price increase essentially did away with that.
So that isn't terribly unreasonable (and the price could just be higher) so who knows.

*=not based on hard evidence just how I remember it being for a few years.