PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms and heraldry books?

dirach
21-01-2012, 15:01
Anyone know if there will be more books in the uniforms and heraldry series? I would love it if they did one for orcs & goblins, depicting the various tribes.

Sqallum
21-01-2012, 15:52
There is one for Empire and Skaven, as far as I know. :D
Sqallum

AlphariusOmegon20
21-01-2012, 16:40
I suspect the book coming out with the Chaos releases later this year is not an Army Book, but actually is a Chaos heraldry book.

redfury
21-01-2012, 23:50
I'd like to see them for Brets,Orcs,vampires,Ogres,dwarves,high elves and dark elves. Chaos really doesn't need one, the army book shows what the chaos star and the different gods symbols are and that's really all there is to to them. They don't have vastly different city states and tribes or diverse bloodlines...maybe if they crammed all of chaos(including chaos dwarfs) into one book. Lizardmen,tomb kings and wood elves just don't seem diverse enough either. I mean there's only two groups of lizardmen and the ones in the southlands get no acknowledgments and wood elves are one small nation in brettonia of elves and spirits. As for tomb kings does anyone really want a book full of skeletons wearing vaguely different pseudo-Egyptian symbols?

lbecks
22-01-2012, 00:08
For Lizardmen they could do different spawnings. I'm not sure how much they could extend that to fill a whole book, but it's potential.

Righthandedtwin
22-01-2012, 00:17
I'd like to see them for Brets,Orcs,vampires,Ogres,dwarves,high elves and dark elves. Chaos really doesn't need one, the army book shows what the chaos star and the different gods symbols are and that's really all there is to to them. They don't have vastly different city states and tribes or diverse bloodlines...maybe if they crammed all of chaos(including chaos dwarfs) into one book. Lizardmen,tomb kings and wood elves just don't seem diverse enough either. I mean there's only two groups of lizardmen and the ones in the southlands get no acknowledgments and wood elves are one small nation in brettonia of elves and spirits. As for tomb kings does anyone really want a book full of skeletons wearing vaguely different pseudo-Egyptian symbols?

I can see the Chaos one working well as a catalogue of different Warbands encountered by the Empire as well as ones more infamous throughout the world.

redfury
22-01-2012, 00:26
I honestly can't see warriors getting their own book of uniforms, they don't wear real uniforms, and their symbols are those of chaos gods and a chaos star, which are represented very well in their book. Maybe if they throw them in a book with different tribes of beastmen and maybe chaos dwarfs. Deamons are impossible though. I see vamps being most likely cause they have the various bloodlines(there's actually more than five), it'd more heraldry then uniforms though, it'd also be a good chance for gw to expand on the "forgotten bloodlines" from wfrp and they've been getting a lot of attention lately, even before the new AB.

AlphariusOmegon20
22-01-2012, 04:53
I'd like to see them for Brets,Orcs,vampires,Ogres,dwarves,high elves and dark elves. Chaos really doesn't need one, the army book shows what the chaos star and the different gods symbols are and that's really all there is to to them. They don't have vastly different city states and tribes or diverse bloodlines...maybe if they crammed all of chaos(including chaos dwarfs) into one book.

I honestly can't see warriors getting their own book of uniforms, they don't wear real uniforms, and their symbols are those of chaos gods and a chaos star, which are represented very well in their book. Maybe if they throw them in a book with different tribes of beastmen and maybe chaos dwarfs. Deamons are impossible though.

You are quite misinformed.

Ever hear of the Tormentors? That would be Dechala's warband. The Swords of Chaos, Archaon's bunch? Both would look different from other warbands. What about the group from the BRB that ride Juggernauts ( Their name escapes me ATM), they too would be different.

Your argument could have been applied to the Skaven also, yet they got a Heraldry book awhile back. Beyond color, according to your premise, the only difference between Empire Provinces is the color of their uniforms.

dirach
22-01-2012, 13:01
But does anyone know if there will be more of these books (after the empire and skaven ones)?

redfury
22-01-2012, 15:14
I don't know honestly

You are quite misinformed.

Ever hear of the Tormentors? That would be Dechala's warband. The Swords of Chaos, Archaon's bunch? Both would look different from other warbands. What about the group from the BRB that ride Juggernauts ( Their name escapes me ATM), they too would be different.

Your argument could have been applied to the Skaven also, yet they got a Heraldry book awhile back. Beyond color, according to your premise, the only difference between Empire Provinces is the color of their uniforms.

Were they? Cause I've seen very few pics of anything chaos that looked like anything but basic barbarians with chaos symbols. Skaven are far more diverse, compare clan pestilan to clan eshin. I suppose chaos could use their current lack of diversity to create more and give more background on their tribes. But I think vc will get the next one, the von carstein upgrade pack sort of foreshadows that...maybe

mrtn
22-01-2012, 15:46
I honestly can't see warriors getting their own book of uniforms, they don't wear real uniforms, and their symbols are those of chaos gods and a chaos star, which are represented very well in their book. Maybe if they throw them in a book with different tribes of beastmen and maybe chaos dwarfs. Deamons are impossible though. I see vamps being most likely cause they have the various bloodlines(there's actually more than five), it'd more heraldry then uniforms though, it'd also be a good chance for gw to expand on the "forgotten bloodlines" from wfrp and they've been getting a lot of attention lately, even before the new AB.
If they managed to fill Liber Chaotica with 500 odd pages of chaosy goodness I'm sure they would manage to fill 72 pages of illustrations. Honestly, you just seem like you don't care and don't know very much about chaos. That's fine, not everyone loves every army, but there's a lot of stuff you're missing. :)

@OT: No one knows anything, as usual with the new secret GW.

jez
22-01-2012, 15:54
I've got the Skaven and the Empire ones. Whilst they are both excellent reference books, I found parts of the Skaven one somewhat superfluous even though still a worthwhile purchase. However, I used / am using the Empire one continually whilst putting together my Empire army.
Based on all this, I would expect a Bretonnian book to be both an excellent and logical addition.

Dominic1905
22-01-2012, 17:23
I would have thought they would release another one shortly after an army comes out which is compatible with one of those books (might be hard to do one for tomb kings, while with the Bretonnian's it would make sense).

dirach
22-01-2012, 18:42
I would have thought they would release another one shortly after an army comes out which is compatible with one of those books (might be hard to do one for tomb kings, while with the Bretonnian's it would make sense).

doesn't seem to be the case to me. for example they already had some fluff about different ogre tribes/clans in their previous army book (even colour schemes) which i think would make it as logical to have a uniforms and heraldry book for ogres as skaven (as a lot of the skaven clans were made up for the uniforms & heraldry book). Such a book did not come out with the new ogre kingdoms army book however.

redfury
22-01-2012, 19:01
If I had to guess, I'd say orcs get the next one. I don't know why I just have a feeling.