PDA

View Full Version : How shall I continue

bountylord
21-01-2012, 22:23
Ive hit a road block on where to go from here, my eldar list is up to around 3000 to 3500pts and while a lot looks fun to use Im looking for new units that would increase its competativeness.

This is what I have so far:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114928123572952665817/Warhammer?authkey=Gv1sRgCPa9qf73vI_nuAE#5700200528 601835874
which includes

4 farseers
-2 on jetbikes
yriel

3warlocks on foot
10 on jetbikes

20 dire avengers
9 pathfinders
10 guardians

10 scorpions
12 fire dragons
10 harlequins
8 warp spiders

3 warwalkers
2 serpents
2 falcons
wraithlord

fyi all weapons are magnetic as well as vehicles and jetbikes bases so most options are open.

some other pics of them if ur intertested
https://picasaweb.google.com/114928123572952665817/Warhammer?authkey=Gv1sRgCPa9qf73vI_nuAE#5700200565 234044690
https://picasaweb.google.com/114928123572952665817/Warhammer?authkey=Gv1sRgCPa9qf73vI_nuAE#5700200572 110393122
https://picasaweb.google.com/114928123572952665817/Warhammer?authkey=Gv1sRgCPa9qf73vI_nuAE#5700200693 911443042
https://picasaweb.google.com/114928123572952665817/Warhammer?authkey=Gv1sRgCPa9qf73vI_nuAE#5700200662 959110674
https://picasaweb.google.com/114928123572952665817/Warhammer?authkey=Gv1sRgCPa9qf73vI_nuAE#5700200686 831215378

you can go strait to warhammer in picasa if u want to see a lot more pictures, i would like to see comments and criticism on there pain scheme as this is my first army and im quite new to the hobby.

Noobie2k7
21-01-2012, 22:36
Have you thought about spreading the Iyanden theme with some wraithguard and stuff? Obviously more dire avengers and serpents. Maybe a fire prism or two? Or save up and get a Revenent Titan XD Make a great center piece that lol.

But competitively speaking you should just be loading up on dire avengers, fire dragons and wave serpents.

Noobie2k7
21-01-2012, 22:39
I think your paint scheme is awesome by the way and love your armies look. Every time i see Eldar that look that good i wanna start em lol. But i'm not doing anything with Eldar till something gets done about Wraithguards cost.

The Death of Reason
21-01-2012, 22:39
The answer is simple.

You should go check out the FW site :)

bountylord
22-01-2012, 01:17
yeah, but most of forgeworlds stuff is not legal in tourny's sadly. If It was I would run a bucket load of assualt walkers, the ability to jump 12 and an increase bs skill for only a few points more would be incredibly. I was thinking about a revnant titan but $300 for a single model (however big that model may be) seems like a lot to spend. Maybe I can find one on ebay :)

Have you thought about spreading the Iyanden theme with some wraithguard and stuff? Obviously more dire avengers and serpents. Maybe a fire prism or two? Or save up and get a Revenent Titan XD Make a great center piece that lol.

But competitively speaking you should just be loading up on dire avengers, fire dragons and wave serpents.

I should have included that I did have 5 wraithguard that I have never used, but the idea of an army made primarily of mindless constructs that are controled by locks and seers just doesnt appeal to much to me. I would much rather an alaitoc type force(hence the color scheme). Maybe getting a few more serpent would be the smart move. In a 2500 pts list how many is to many in DA or Fire Dragons???? Also is a unite of 5 Fire dragons better or would going bigger be better?
~Andrew~

The Death of Reason
22-01-2012, 14:53
Well, few tournaments play at 3K+. Besides tournaments disallowing FW aren't worth entering anyway.

Besides if winning is your goal, then shelve the eldar and go play GKs ;)

bountylord
22-01-2012, 20:28
No, winning most defiantly is not my main goal, what I really enjoy though is trying varied list that work well but that are not the vanilla armies you usually see. I really like the fluff of jetbikes and have run a saim hann list a few times, Ive played with lots of deepstriking outflanking and reserve forces, Normal mechdar, and a few other list but I get tired of the same thing repeatedly. Iyanden is too expensive for me to go that way. Maybe its time for a new army. I am not going to play grey knights though, I would prefer an army that needs some strategy behind to win with, maybe ill try daemons with the potential 6th edition rules floating around deep striking could become much more catastrophic. What armies do you guys have the most fun playing??? Not your most competative but most fun?

dangerboyjim
22-01-2012, 20:47
I'm at about that point with the Tau, and I guess the only thing is to look at models you haven't got and bag those to give you a some new things to try out, or as other have suggested a really nice centre piece model for apocalypse games.

I'd be tempted to get all the Pheonix lords next, you could fight a series of themed battles using each lord as your HQ, I think the general feeling of the internet is the are not competetive, but you are a good painter (nice army) so you'd at least get a kick out of painting them and I think there's an Apocalypse formation that uses all six of them (? not an Eldar player so can't remember the details.)

So there you go, something for regular games, but also an apocalypse centrepiece and you can buy it gradually as and when.

bountylord
22-01-2012, 21:52
you know, i may do that, changing up the hq may just be enough to get the varied feeling in the games that Im looking for, I truthfully haven't ever used my yriel before either so that will be something to try as well as eldrad who ive heard is pretty decent for his price however large it is.

Chem-Dog
22-01-2012, 23:36
For purely competition based expansion I'd say fill out with more Fire Dragons, bulk out your Dire Avengers and maybe look into grabbing some Banshees.
Not sure what else to suggest for competition.
However, there are other avenues to explore.
Apocalypse allows you to build units that aren't even possible in a regular game, squadrons of tanks that would normally be impossible in a regular game suddenly become....viable.
I'm not suggesting you go out and find a game of Apocalypse 40K but I am saying that maybe you should have a look at the Eldar Formations for inspiration. The way recent armies have been heading, and the way certain rumours are suggesting things are going, squadrons of Falcons or Fire Prisms might well be the kind of thing you could expect to be seeing on a battlefield a year or so from now and then you'd be ahead of the curve :D
If not, there's always Apocalypse ;)
You should be looking at getting an Avatar, it's one of those models that anybody who uses the army should have, even if they never use it.

GrimZAG
22-01-2012, 23:55
The prospect of 30 Fire Dragons in 3 Wave Serpents seems pretty cool to me.

bountylord
23-01-2012, 14:49
wow im looking at all the formations now and some look really quite frightening including Shadow sect of Karanadras the special move where they can redeploy to any terrain feature sounds beastly. Also shdaow walker war host could put out 112 s6 shots with 7 models in 1 turn!! granted the formation would cost 470 pts, but that's not that bad. Windhost looks pretty fun as well. The super heavies seems to be pretty tough. Really everything looks fun I gotta get buying. I should check to make sure which formations are worth it and which arnt. Has anyone had much experience with any of them?

SonOfSquee
23-01-2012, 17:51
I do not know if you are going to use this for apoc or not, but here is my suggestions.

Another seer council. Takes time to build but quite simply the most versatile unit in the codex.
More War Walkers. Plenty of S6 shots
Hornets. Plenty of S8 Shots
Warp Hunter(s). Great all around tank.
Banshees. Useful against many armies if you can get the charge off.
More waveserpents.
6 Fire Prisms. Great formation with unlimited range.
Autarch on a jetbike so you can take the windrider host.
Titans....
Lynx.
More Warp Hunters.
Nightwings. One of the best flyers in the game.

I am currently in the same situation as you, albeit I am at the 12k mark. I bought 4k of Dark Eldar to run as an ally for larger apoc games.

You could also add a corsair list to your army. They look extremely fun to play.

MajorWesJanson
23-01-2012, 23:09
I'd add one of the Forge World Avatars (they just look so much better than the GW one) and a pair/trio of Fire Prisms. Then maybe a Revenant Titan.

bountylord
31-01-2012, 03:04
Ok, this is a strange question but I was wondering if anyone could tell me a range of what I could sell this army for on ebay???? Sorry that it is a random question but I am contemplating adding more to it or maybe just starting over with a new army and more stuff if I could make a profit. I bought everything for about 200 or so.