PDA

View Full Version : Venerable Dreadnought/Defiler compatibility

daemonish
21-01-2012, 23:53
Does anyone know if any of the defiler heads would fit easily in the venerable Dreadnought head recess or not. Not a big fan of the current CM Dreadnought, in fact i hate its an incredibly ugly model. Thought might be able to do an easy conversion with a chaos vehicle accessories frame a defiler head and a venerable dreadnought kit.

Beppo1234
22-01-2012, 03:41
prolly a little big, I've not held each side by side, but the defiler mask is pretty big if I remember correctly

hybrid defibrl8
22-01-2012, 07:09
My chaos dread has the spare hockey mask defiler face over the original sarcophagus face... It fits perfectly with no need for conversion... To completely change the faces though might work but would require a lot of digging ... Unfortunately the other defiler mask doesn't fit quite as well as the horns don't fit in the recess

Kaisergrenadier
22-01-2012, 14:32
I would advise against using any of the Defiler heads, unless you specifically want to go for the "big head" look that the old metal dreadnought has - the skull and the horned helm might fit in, but would be limited to straight ahead.

Coincidentally, I recently converted a VenDread for my new Alpha Legion army and used one of the horned helmet heads from the CSM squad box:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg236/Christian_S_1979/Modelling%20and%20Miniatures/Chaos%20Space%20Marines/SdV_Elites002a_Cybot_2.jpg

That one worked quite well, and although the horns limit the turn radius so some notable extent, you can still pose the helmet to match the dreadnought's pose. Note that the horned helmet from the Defiler kit is noticeably larger than the CSM horned head, and would IMHO look far too big for the VenDread.

Edit: Sorry, somehow the imagetags don't seem to be working. Please click the link for a pic of the dread.

gLOBS
22-01-2012, 17:14
Yea a regular unhorned helmet would not have the same effect and it works well.

Wishing
23-01-2012, 09:38
Really gorgeous model, kaiser.