PDA

View Full Version : fav battlesuit (tau question)

Icewalker
04-06-2005, 22:30
Now, I know so many of us dispise the Tau and I was just interested however for those of us who don't hate or like the Tau. Which is your favorite battlesuit? This could be the Shas'o R'myr (which is my fav) or any of those fancy Forgeworld ones.

Shoot

PBGhost
04-06-2005, 22:40
X89. Personally, I think Rmyr looks silly.

Icewalker
05-06-2005, 02:36
I have to agree. Not the best looking, but my fav especially with those rules, he's pretty good for Tau I think.

grizzly ruin
05-06-2005, 03:29

Really? I think that's the first Tau suit I've had any interest in at all as a model.

I think it's a step in the right direction, the volvo with legs look just doesn't do it for me.

PBGhost
05-06-2005, 03:39
Most of it is good but the legs look very arkward.

x-esiv-4c
05-06-2005, 03:59
Any of the new Forgeworld suits are excellent, much better then the GW productions, so much more dynamic.

The Black Aquila
05-06-2005, 04:10
I'd have to be boring and say the standard Stealth suits. Those guys can get fairly close and fire off a fair bit of firepower. But if you mean the big suits then i'd still have to say Broadsides with Plasma Rifles, always good for punching holes in tanks, Nid monsterous critters or anything with a good armour save and are normally a pain to kill.

Icewalker
05-06-2005, 15:35
Any of the new Forgeworld suits are excellent, much better then the GW productions, so much more dynamic.
And the poses aren't so boring as the GW ones. The GW positions are so static and boring and they look really bad with their corny little pin heads w/ the xtra targetting junk.

IceFire
05-06-2005, 23:10
the XV81 looks pretty good to me, nice over-the-shoulder missiles :D
I dont think the GW look terrable, i quiet like the look of the crisis suit...

Xisor
05-06-2005, 23:21
I think the standard GW suits are pretty damn nice. The problem comes with the fact that FW can make models that are in a word 'awesome'.

My particular favourite would be the Crisis Shas'vre with Twin Fusion Blasters and Missile Pod and hard wired multi-tracker. Not excessively good value for money(points), but damn I like the look!

Xisor

Kiro
05-06-2005, 23:42
New Tau battlesuits!?!??!
Damn, I've been out of the loop for a long time! Meh, I still prefer the original XV8, what's going on with these new heads? They just don't "look" right...

milmot
06-06-2005, 08:40
Broadsides all the way baby. They just scream utter destruction. If Samuel L Jackson was a battlesuit, he would be a broadside.

Isuran Greifenherz
06-06-2005, 09:48
I a Agree baordsides rock and they look really cool.

Chris_Tzeentch
06-06-2005, 14:49
XV89 looks great. I wouldn't mind using one of them with those trendy new twin linked plasma rifles rymr uses.

Its such a shame forgeworld dont sell bits.

Inquisitor Engel
06-06-2005, 14:58
I just bought 3 of the XV-89s to use as regular Crisis Suits, the heads are much better, and the increased posability is fantastic.

I'm picking up Shas'O R'Myr's on Wednesday to use as a generic commander, although I won't be using his twin linked plasma, I'll be giving him some other weapons. Commander Dawnlight just needs that wicked cool shield! :D