PDA

View Full Version : StraightSilver and Co's Warhammer Quest Adventures. :)

StraightSilver
25-01-2012, 12:37
Hi everybody,

Well looking at the other threads on here it seems I am jumping on a bit of a January band wagon! :)

A couple of my friends came around last weekend, and because we are a little bit burnt out with 40K decided we would do something a little bit different, and a little bit less intensive.

The plan was to play some board games, but I have to confess that even though I have been gaming for 25+ years I didn't actually have any, much to their disappointment.

However deep in my "magic cupboard" I remembered I had a copy of Warhammer Quest, which had remained untouched for quite some time (over 10 years).

I remembered this to be quite fun so dug that out, and much to my surprise realised I had all of the character packs except the Wardancer, as well as the Lair of the Orc Lord and Catacombs of Terror (I think, the undead one anyway).

I am a terrible horder in all honesty, and buy lots of stuff that sits around unopened in cupboards, and poor old WHQ was a victim of this, but we opened it all up and set to playing (of course if I had checked ebay first I may not have opened all of it....)

Anyway, the long and short of it is that we had an absolute blast and now plan to make it a weekly event every Thursday evening (with beer and pizza of course).

Hopefully we will manage to keep this blog updated with all of our adventures, and some pics too.

I had actually painted a fair amount of the models, but have to admit they were painted aaaaages ago and very much in the style of the now infamous "red period".

However the plan is to each buy a model for our own character and paint it up, and expand our dungeon monsters by buying some new figures and getting these painted up. These won't be limited to just GW figures, i already have my eye on some Mantic Zombies and Ghouls so we should get a nice varity of minis to show off.

I will post some pics later of the models painted so far, even if they are showing their age a bit now....

Our party consists of:

Warrior Priest of Sigmar
Chaos Warrior
Elf
Elven Ranger Mage

Our first week of adventuring was quite eventful. :)

We were tasked to enter a dungeon to find a sacred fountain, who's waters apparently held the cure for the Nurgle's Rot that was sweeping across our corner of the Empire.

We all suspected one member of our party, as he seemed overtly aggressive and kept well away from our Priest. However the Priest, our gracious leader seemed a little too cowardly to be an upholder of the virtues of Sigmar and was only too quick to run off with the lantern!

The two elves were no better, with the Noble arguing constantly with his silvan brother, who seemed only too keen to let us deal with the monsters and hide at the back claiming he would "pick them off with his bow".

More than one monster suffered an arrow in the knee! :)

So basically we spent a good hour or so trawling through our dungeon, and I have to say I have never seen so many 1's rolled!

Essentially we went through the entire event deck, facing off against all the horrors the basic deck can throw at you including 3 Minotaurs!

However 1 card before our objective room we hit a cave in, preventing us from going any further!

This meant we couldn't save the faithful citizens of Praag from Nurgle's Rot, but managed to crawl our way out of the dungeon with rather a lot of treasure and more than a few cuts and grazes.

So we set off to the nearest town, some weeks travel away only to discover that our noble leader's map was woefully out of date, and the town we saught turned out to be no more than a provincial back water village.

Obviously far from civilisation they didn't take too kindly to our leaders religious sermons and he was thrown out of the village on the first day, and had to await his companions whilst they spent their hard earned loot!

The Chaos warrior managed to get thrown in Jail for 2 days, but upon his release got very drunk in the local tavern, earned some gold looting the other patrons of their gold and in the process was challenged to a duel.

Our fellow Wood Elf was accompanying the Chaos Warrior in the same tavern, and whilst learning from a fellow adventurere how to grease himself in the fat of a wild animal (these country types never cease to amaze me) he could dodge an enemy's grasp, he leapt to the defence of our fellow warrior and also landed himself in a duel.

Meanwhile our High Elf Noble was relaxing in a comforting spa, but he must offended somebody as the following day the local children pelted him with rotten eggs and he fled the village to join the priest outside.

There they waited until the following morning whilst our compatriots faught their duels. However the duels went on longer than expected, and in the end were considered a draw.

And so after a few days rest we set off on our next adventure.

To be continued..... :)

Necanthrope
25-01-2012, 12:43
Nice to see we have another recruit. WHQ seems to be getting more popular here on Warseer, and that can only be a great thing. Sounds like you had as lot of fun, how about some action shots or your next game?

StraightSilver
25-01-2012, 13:42
We did indeed have a lot of fun, I had forgotten just how great a system WHQ was, everything is there in the roleplay book, as long as you have the figures to match it.

I have no idea why GW won't just re-release it, I am already planning on buying lods of minis that I would never have considered before as I don't play WHFB.

It gives me an excuse to get some of those rather lovely new Vampires! :)

But yes, action shots next game are in order, and I plan to take some pics of the models we already have, and hopefully will get some more painted up along the way.

Our next game's tomorrow so hopefully will have more tales of woe to share! ;)

kototama
25-01-2012, 14:18
Hi mate, thanks for starting this, given our advancing years we need a record before it gets forgotten. Can I make one correction - my character is an elven ranger mage rather than one of those stuffy high elven nobles, and as for being pelted with rotten eggs, if they must let riff raff into the local steam baths, one must complain appropriately. Little brats, he probably smells worse than the chaos warrior now......

StraightSilver
25-01-2012, 15:15
No worries mate,

Can't believe you've only just joined Warseer!!! :)

I have amended your character, think it will be good if we all post in here to keep it up to date, we must get painting and put up some pics.

And I doubt the Elf smells worse than the Warrior Priest, I sat outside by the midden for 3 days!! :)

Nachie
25-01-2012, 16:47
I have no idea why GW won't just re-release it, I am already planning on buying lods of minis that I would never have considered before as I don't play WHFB.

THIS.

Welcome to the party, great to see some more activity :)

S_A_T_S
25-01-2012, 19:45
Great to see another person discovering Quest. Trying to persuade my group they don't want to start D&D and instead want to begin a new group of Questers. Maybe I should start a competing thread... Just gotta work out how uploading photos works :shifty:

Chickenbane
30-01-2012, 17:55
Great to see another person discovering Quest. Trying to persuade my group they don't want to start D&D and instead want to begin a new group of Questers. Maybe I should start a competing thread... Just gotta work out how uploading photos works :shifty:

Agreed. And maybe you should.

Purplebeard
05-02-2012, 10:26
Looking forward to pics now!