PDA

View Full Version : Just started playing this game again, but can't find the rules for the Fighting Pit..

Orochi_Oni
05-02-2012, 23:07
I seem to remember there being rules for entering and exiting the Fighting Pit but I can't find them in the Rulebook, Adventure Book or the Roleplay Book.

Were they printed in an issue of White Dwarf, or am I remembering things wrong?

S_A_T_S
05-02-2012, 23:49
As far as I can tell, there is no reference to any fighting pit movement rules anywhere (and I have looked through pretty much everything ever officially published about Quest...). What I would suggest is using the rules for moving out of the sewer board section from 'Room for Improvement' (WD 204):

"To climb out (or indeed in), a Warrior must spend an entire Warriors phase climbing. Move the Warrior from the square he is standing on in the sewer, to any adjacent square on the path (or vice versa, if the Warriors want to climb back down)."

Might be a little more harsh than normal (an ENTIRE warriors phase?!?!) but it's the closest I can find. Big Rob or someone will prob be along to give you and exact reference to the actual rule (if it does exist) any time now...

Orochi_Oni
06-02-2012, 00:06
Yeah, I'm sure a rule exists. It's just been so many years since I played the game. Now that I think about it, I'm sure it said in an issue of White Dwarf that they accidentally didn't print the rule in the Rulebook or Adventure Book.

I don't think the rule was anything major. Something along the lines of "it costs two squares of movement to enter the Pit". That's what I'm doing at the moment until my memory comes back. :D

Shas'El Tael
08-02-2012, 10:17
You're talking about the pit in the first adventure verse the minotaur right? I seem to remember this too.. hmmm, dang it.. now I have to google this the rest of the night :P

Nachie
08-02-2012, 17:04
Deep 1 from The Doom of Grishnak (published adventure from Lair of the Orc Lord) has some brief rules about jumping into the pit and possibly even getting stuck on the spikes as you jump in, but nothing really about climbing out of it. I usually just make my players take an initiative test to climb out on the rope, or whatever.

I really love the falling/jumping rules from WFRP first edition: you count the number of yards someone is jumping down, then they have to roll over or equal to that number on a D6. If they are falling the same distance, you double the number of yards they have to roll against. For the purposes of WHQ, I treat each 1" as 1 yd. The amount they fail by is the number of D4 wounds they take with no modifiers (maybe I should change that to D6, though? Seems like overkill in some situations) and whether jumping or falling, a failed roll gives them a 50% chance of dropping whatever was in their hand.

The climbing rules from WFRP are nowhere near as elegant, so I kind of just use the "one initiative test per 10' climbed" guidelines from the Roleplay Book.

Thragnar
30-06-2012, 23:39
I have a copy of the adventure book which has the rules for the Fighting pit. Its in adobe acrobat if this helps but i cant upload it here because it's too big a file. But if u want a copy let me know and i could email it to u

Littlemonk
01-07-2012, 07:07
There are no special rules in the non-GM game for Warriors climbing in and out of the Fighting Pit in the Adventure Book, nor have i ever seen/heard of any in White Dwarf magazine...