PDA

View Full Version : Counts as Minotaur Army

Techpriest
08-02-2012, 12:23
Yes, I know, its another counts as thread. That being said, this is just an idea I was toying with and considered throwing it out here to see what the thoughts would be. Unlike most people, I do like the new minotaur models. And really wanted to make my minotaur army that I used in the previous version of the Beastmen book. But GW has made that no longer possible. This prompted me to consider other alternatives. I have tried the Army with beastmen, and it does not work well as you can only do so much with Special choices.

SO I have thought about monsterous infantry and was going to try this out. Using the Ogre Army book and fielding Minotaurs as Ogres. Same Base size, same basic stats. Same army style play. Large units of Minotaurs Charging across the field, with Large characters Leading the way. It would look something like this below,

Lords:
Slaughtermaster - Minotaur Great Shaman
Tyrant - Doom Bull

Heros:
Bruiser - Bull Champions
Butchers - Shamans
Hunter - Bullchampion Loner

Core :
Orges - Minotaurs
Iron Guts - Minotaurs with Great Weapons
Gnoblars - ????

Special:
Leadbelchers - Rock hurlers
Mornfangs - Razorgor Herd (Minotaur leading a Razorgor on one base)
Maneaters - Gifted Minotaurs with mutations and special abilities
Sabertusks - Chaos Hounds

Rare:
Ironblaster - ???
Stonehorn - Ghorgon/Cygor
Scrap launcher - ???

Now this is just a rough idea here. And seeing as how this is a minotaur army idea, I would probally exclude the Ironblaster and the Scraplauncher as well. Please I know this is a counts as army idea, and I know there are models for ogres. But I am trying to work this out so I can play with models I like with an Army that is comperable to how they could play. This is not to save money or find a way around using the ogre models. In fact it would be the same money to field this as Minotaurs. And ideas or thoughts are welcome.

BigbyWolf
08-02-2012, 14:26
I don't own any of the new ones, but I use my old Minos as Chaos Ogres in a monster-based WoC army. So long as you make it clear to any opponents exactly what is what, then they shouldn't have a problem.

Elfwolf
08-02-2012, 20:31
You could mount ungors on 20mm bases for counts as gnoblars.

popisdead
08-02-2012, 21:39
But GW has made that no longer possible.

Ironblaster - ???
Scrap launcher - ???

Well there are still lists you can build with a couple units of Minotaurs but generally if you wanted a 6th ed style Beastmen list that is sadly gone :cries:

Razorgor Chariots are becoming popular. You could maybe build one up and have some sort of contraption-y catapult/cannon on it?

Good luck with everything, maybe make a plog of you progress?

ArtificerArmour
08-02-2012, 22:45
I thought of this too, I was just going to use old school minotaurs as maneaters.

Good luck explaining away why minotaurs have dual pistol and poison though!

Kallstrom
09-02-2012, 16:57
You could mount ungors on 20mm bases for counts as gnoblars.

Ungors are normally on 20mm bases nowadays. :)

BigbyWolf
09-02-2012, 18:08
Good luck explaining away why minotaurs have dual pistol and poison though!

Duh!

Chaos did it!

;)

popisdead
09-02-2012, 20:24
Duh!

Chaos did it!

;)

"Every time something like that happens,... it can be explained by saying it was magic." - Lucy Lawless on The Simpsons