PDA

View Full Version : Cross fertalisation ....

Tyrelli
08-02-2012, 15:00
Inspired by Skretch Half-Dead from dreadfleet, what races could be mixed together to make an interesting army look ie a vampire dwarf with units of skele dwarfs, or perhaps a chaos turned woodelf ... Maybe even a Aztec/lizardman looking beastman army.

What ideas do you have / think would look great ...

theJ
08-02-2012, 15:15
Anything + undead works fine.

For instance, I've had ideas of everything from Undead Beastmen (proved too damn tricky to convert) to Undead elves (although that was mostly to get to use both sets of rules...) to undead skaven (working on it...).

Chaos can do much the same thing - chaos elves in particular is a tried and true concept.

Imperial Dwarfs or Ogres could be pretty neat - both sorta covered by the fluff, too (there's tons of Dwarfs in the empire, and Ogre mercenaries tend to pick up the habits of whoever they've hired themselves out to).

dementian
08-02-2012, 16:22
There is an amazing paint log going on in the fantasy projects section about someone who is converting ogres maneaters into the different armies.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?250907-Ogre-Maneaters

BigbyWolf
08-02-2012, 16:29
Inspired by Skretch Half-Dead from dreadfleet, what races could be mixed together to make an interesting army look ie a vampire dwarf with units of skele dwarfs, or perhaps a chaos turned woodelf ... Maybe even a Aztec/lizardman looking beastman army.

What ideas do you have / think would look great ...

Have a look for Richter Kruger the Damned (?) former DoW character that had a unit of skeletal troops from various races.

warplock
08-02-2012, 17:07
An all-Fimir army would be the best for cross-fertilisation...

BeatTheBeat
08-02-2012, 20:41
I'm thinking dwarf Elves...

On a serious note pretty much any race can be made "Tomb _____" as well. Or well, not Daemons perhaps, they don't die properly enough.

Danny_D14
09-02-2012, 00:32
I mind seeing a DoC army once using LM pieces, it was epically awesome. I've also seen a Goblin Horde based with a Brettonian knight theme which was simply awesome. Most things can be done on an undead form I'd imagine or chaos variant.

Gillburg
17-02-2012, 15:31
Some kind of Chaotic Dwarf?

I find the lack of Desert Elves annoying Maybe an elven colony in a desert?

Khemri Elves?

Charistoph
17-02-2012, 15:55
The Holy Skaven Underempire created by Squeekmar.

The Wood Knights of the Lady of the Lake.

The Daemons of Order.

Warriors of Light.

Dark Dwarfs.

Wood Dwarfs.

Knights of Squatonnia.

Squatmen (dwarfen Beastmen).

Dwarf Lizards.

Dark Lizards.

Wood Lizards.

Skinken. (Skaven via the Skinks)

Oogie boogie boss
17-02-2012, 17:03
Chaos Halflings. Need i say more?

N810
17-02-2012, 17:11
Lustrian Nords, it's in the fluff.

dementian
17-02-2012, 18:23
The Daemons of Order.

This may warrant further discussion.

Sexiest_hero
17-02-2012, 18:42
I've done skaven beastmen.

Mallo
17-02-2012, 20:31
Some kind of Chaotic Dwarf?

What, like the chaos dwarfs?! :D

I'd very much like to do a necromancer dwarf with a legion of undead, but with the dwarf tech twist. skeletons through the power of steam! I think I might be pushed out of Warhammer for this though, Think it might be more steampunk then GW would care for! :p

Bingo the Fun Monkey
17-02-2012, 20:37

I love to see some Solkanite daemons.

I always thought High Beast Elves would be pretty cool. Some silly Wizard in Saphery turns his entire court into satyrs...

Empire of Da Rising Evil Sun: Samurai Black Orcs. Need I say more?

Charistoph
17-02-2012, 20:57

I guess it all lies in how you define "daemon", hunh?

Von Wibble
18-02-2012, 12:26
Daemon wood elves.

Artinam
18-02-2012, 15:45
Could actually work, heavily corrupted Wood Elfs being fused together ect. Maybe count as Daemonettes, the Corrupted Dryads could be pretty much anything.

What can be pulled off very well is Undead Bretonnia.