PDA

View Full Version : SM in 6th edition

slirgy
13-02-2012, 07:50
now i read a little while back about a month that the 6th edition of 40k was going to be set in the 42nd millenium (or warhammer 41k) and some of the fluff was stuff such as "the xenos are on the rise" and humanity was on its last legs that sort of stuff. it also mentioned stuff like primarchs coming back but my question is with a backstory like this are space marines likely to become the ogres of 40k????? thanks in advance

SideshowLucifer
13-02-2012, 07:52
40k fluff never goes anywhere. I would not expect that to change next edition.

Guess Who
13-02-2012, 08:02
40k fluff never goes anywhere. I would not expect that to change next edition.

Squats were written out, and Necrons over through C'Tan. That's going somewhere, but I doubt will be set in the 42nd Millenium, and if it were people wouldn't pay attention anyway. The whole point is that it is set in the 41st Millenium, and there is no time for peace, no respite, no forgiveness, there is only war. That can't really change.

Edit: Also I would like to add that Space Marines will never become like ogres. They are the most collected army and the most famous. The game basically stars them.

slirgy
13-02-2012, 08:56
i mean the same sort of mechanic as ogre 3 to a squad mounted on dreadnought sized bases that sort of thing but thanks for all the quick replies

Born Again
13-02-2012, 09:13
No. I expect the 42nd Millennium thing won't pan out at all, 40k is a setting, not an advancing timeline. Squats were written out, but it was an event inserted to the setting, the entire thing didn't move forward a decade because of it. Necrons and C'Tan were similarly things that happened quite some time in the past so no advancements there. I don't expect 40k to go anywhere at all, and long may it be so. The whole point is that it's balanced on this '2 minutes to midnight' setting at 999.M41, and when the clock ticks over it's supposedly going to be some kind of doomsday. If we go past that and everything is still there, unchanged, it's like there's another thousand years for everything to get sorted out, and that isn't as exciting.