PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Eldar Psykers. A viable proposition?

Chem-Dog
14-02-2012, 11:19
More of an idle thought that spawns from a train of thought about the Eldar in general than anything else really (certainly nothing like a rumour or a hint or anything, so please don't take it to be more than it is).

Here's how I was thinking.
Farseers and Warlocks feature pretty heavily in most Eldar armies I've seen, be they Seer Councils or dispersed amongst other units lending their Guide and Enhance ability to units. There is, however, a problem in that there are relatively few models for these guys and things like a Seer Council start to look incredibly samey and mono-pose (especially if you want Spear Warlocks) if you're not a dab-hand with the old Greenstuff. Not to mention the incredible expense implied by buying enough of these models to suit your needs.

SO. Given their general utility (and the fact they're still metal save for the 4-in a box FC set) it seems to me that a kit that's somewhat analogous to the Empire Battle Wizards (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440090a&prodId=prod20018) kit or the High Elf Mage (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod790854) would be perfectly suited to the Eldar Psykers.
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.....
1: A selection of Suitable Warlock and Farseer heads/Helms. Possibly different Heads to denote a Spiritseer, bonesinger or other niche branches of the Warlocks.
2: A variety of arms holding appropriate equipment with a few more doing some somantic gestures (or just a good old-fashioned pointing hand).
3: A couple of robe embellishments (the wizards have hoods and collars, for example. These chaps could have a variety of Craftworld icons).
4: Maybe some knick-knacks (like runes) and even some Pyrotechnics (that could be used to indicate specific psychic powers, if you're really clever).
5: Possibly a Jetbike (or at least a set of legs that'd fit on such), with suitable Seeresque details.
6: The ability to make two complete (on foot, at least) Warlocks/Farseers from a single kit.

What do people (and pointy-ears) think?

silveryfox
14-02-2012, 11:54
I've been hoping and wishing for a plastic Seer Council set. Plastic Warlocks must happen! But they might just do a set of like five ones. And with new Jetbikes for Eldar, swapping torsos will be easy peasy (if missing legs, though High Elf mages have one set of usable legs).

A set with only 2, with one Jetbike would be cool too, as you state, though thus far that has only been for fantasy.

MajorWesJanson
14-02-2012, 20:54
I'd see it more likely that we will see some of the Mini-sprue kits like Fantasy has once 6th comes out. A Farseer seems like a good option for this treatment, a detailed though monopose platic kit, with maybe an option between a staff and spear.

If Wrathguard get a plastic kit like say Terminators or Stealthsuits, they could add in a plastic warlock there..

carlisimo
14-02-2012, 23:43
Flowing robes and multi-part plastics are hard to combine.

I'd like to see them try, but I'm also very happy with the existing sculpts. They don't look their age.

GrimZAG
15-02-2012, 02:19
Sounds like a really good idea to me. Plastic kits > metal.