-Individual bloodknights

-new fell bats

-new bat swarms

-vampire bsb model

-highly customizable abyssal terror with multiple riders, including mannfred

-vampire on hellsteed

-new black coach

-ghoul king by itself

-new zombies that wouldn't look too weird with the current ones.

Arctaeus
15-02-2012, 10:15
I agree with the Vampire Battle Standard model, but I managed to acquire the limited edition one so I'm happy ;)

Corvus Corone
15-02-2012, 10:26
Black coach could use a refresh. A new one could be truly awesome looking. Not much opportunity for a combo kit though.

Apart from that, I'm actually really happy with the range.

Gloryseeker
15-02-2012, 11:17
This is a tad soon I know. But share your opinion and contribute:

-Individual bloodknights
-new fell bats
-new bat swarms
-vampire bsb model
-vampire on hellsteed
-new black coach
-ghoul king by itself

They could do individual boodknights from the existing kit so possible.

Fell bats, bat swarms, black coach and abyssal terror are all failcast so they are not gonna redone the models now after making new molds.

Vampire on hellsteed and ghoul king possible but easy to convert from existing plastics.

ZOMBIES!!! This is what we need, how old are the current ones? They are not in the battalion box any more which is good. They just don't fit with the current range with their big heads. I can't believe the bosses at GW would say no to new zombies if they put 10 in a box and charged 15.50 for them just like skeletons. Every army of VC need zombies because of the raise dead spell.

redfury
15-02-2012, 12:17
I agree with the Vampire Battle Standard model, but I managed to acquire the limited edition one so I'm happy ;)

When was the limited edition released?

They could do individual boodknights from the existing kit so possible.

Fell bats, bat swarms, black coach and abyssal terror are all fine cast so they are not gonna redone the models now after making new molds.

Vampire on hellsteed and ghoul king possible but easy to convert from existing plastics.

ZOMBIES!!! This is what we need, how old are the current ones? They are not in the battalion box any more which is good. They just don't fit with the current range with their big heads. I can't believe the bosses at GW would say no to new zombies if they put 10 in a box and charged 15.50 for them just like skeletons. Every army of VC need zombies because of the raise dead spell.

I see zombies in the future. I hope they don't look wrong standing by the current ones since I(and most vc players) have tons of them . I hope they still come with tomb stones. As for everything they put in failcast my hope is that they make new versions and move the finecast ones to the collectors section. One can only hope.

Willheath
16-02-2012, 23:12
I'd like to see some new generic vampires or maybe a plastic kit. Every one using the vlad model gets a tad boring.

Balerion
16-02-2012, 23:32
I'd also appreciate new generic characters. I want a generic Blood Dragon and SGK, sculpted on-foot and in the contemporary style. All of the Von Carstein's are too theatrical for me.

Zombies are priority #1 now that the new book makes them so useful to own in droves.

The Black Coach definitely needs a plastic update, since the old model is abysmal and there's aren't many 3rd party options out there to use as a basis for conversion.

quietus1986
17-02-2012, 01:45
vampire lord plastic box like the empire box ( one on a horse. one on foot lots of weapons in the box)

SotF
17-02-2012, 03:47
The Black Coach definitely needs a plastic update, since the old model is abysmal and there's aren't many 3rd party options out there to use as a basis for conversion.

Old Glory has their Dracula's Carriage which works well

Kuja
17-02-2012, 07:08
-new bat swarms

They should have just added some little bats in some vampire counts plastic kits...

Corvus Corone
17-02-2012, 08:05
Old Glory has their Dracula's Carriage which works well

Hey that is quite cool. And cheaper. Not up there with the quality a GW remake could bring, but then, what is? Many thanks; one to consider when I get to that stage.

RealMikeBob
17-02-2012, 08:14
When was the limited edition released?

2001 (ish), when the 6th ed VC book was released. Came as part of the army deal or the Skullz promotion.

Balerion
17-02-2012, 08:53
I see zombies in the future. I hope they don't look wrong standing by the current ones since I(and most vc players) have tons of them . I hope they still come with tomb stones. As for everything they put in failcast my hope is that they make new versions and move the finecast ones to the collectors section. One can only hope.
If and when they get made they'll look like the Zombies pulling the Corpse Cart and the illustration in the armybook. There's very little chance of that not happening, unless the kit ends up not getting made until after the 9th edition armybook comes out and they're had time to rethink the look and debut something new. As it stands now, the current trajectory looks set. People who aren't a fan of that aesthetic had better get used to it.

Anyway, old models almost always look out of place when they're standing next to new models, particularly when the older kit is pushing a decade. It's the price of progress.

defunct
17-02-2012, 09:18
The current zombies could end up looking quite silly with their big heads and hands.
Lucky me, as I hardly own any of them, and what very few of them I own I end up converting. Mainly replacing the aforementioned hands and heads.
New zombies, it'd be nice getting a kit as a spontaneous release not tied to another book!

Corvus Corone
17-02-2012, 09:27
I'd say most people don't really find the zombies an issue since Mantic's ones are so good, and cheaper.

theJ
17-02-2012, 11:10
*New Zombies - just make sure they're still in boxes of 20.
*Hero-level Vampire models - belonging to different bloodlines like the old ones did, a battle standard would be nice, as would plastics (although I wouldn't complain about them being finecast, either).
*Dedicated Master Necromancer model - the plastic one on foot along with the one on the Corpse Cart are both sweet looking models, but both of them look like followers, not leaders. The old ones look like leaders, but are badly outdated.

lbecks
17-02-2012, 12:19
Plastic Vampire Hero (mounted/standing)
Plastic Bloodknights
New Zombies
Plastic Coach
New Big Bats
New Small Bats
New Spirit Host

Redone Vargheist, bigger, more imposing. Current one looks dinky compared to the vargheists.
Redone Dire Wolves. The current skulls suffer from "mean skull" syndrome. The need a more anatomically correct skull.

Bellygrub
17-02-2012, 14:18
Zombies, Plastic Bloodknights and Dire Wolves are the highest items on my wishlist.

Zombies and bats are probably the models that suffer the most though.

Balerion
17-02-2012, 16:20
*Dedicated Master Necromancer model - the plastic one on foot along with the one on the Corpse Cart are both sweet looking models, but both of them look like followers, not leaders. The old ones look like leaders, but are badly outdated.
I've got to take issue with this. The plastic necro is just what I've always wanted... grimy >>> gaudy. The metal necros with their fancy headdresses and huge battle-swords always struck me as immensely stupid. I'll take a grizzled, creepy old bastard with a couple of understated trophies over a decadent warrior-wizard any day of the week.

Redone Vargheist, bigger, more imposing. Current one looks dinky compared to the vargheists.
Redone Dire Wolves. The current skulls suffer from "mean skull" syndrome. The need a more anatomically correct skull.
I get that you're just wishlisting, but dream on. Updates to those kits are like a 10-year proposition at best.

lbecks
18-02-2012, 00:00
I get that you're just wishlisting, but dream on. Updates to those kits are like a 10-year proposition at best.

Whoops, i should have said Varghulf that should be replaced. And this is a wishlist thread, no need for negative "dream on" comments since we're all dreaming on here.

DaemonReign
18-02-2012, 00:33
This is a tad soon I know. But share your opinion and contribute:.

-Individual bloodknights.
Agreed. Don't understand what GW is thinking. The people who get over the bump of buying the box and are wealthy enough to want a unit of 10 are not gonna want to buy another set with "Full Command". I am in this very predicament right now actually. It's ridiculous. From the moment FineCast Bloodknights came along all you could buy was suddenly that "starter"-box of 5. GW is losing money at a steady pace with this one... And what a shame it is, such lovely models..

-new fell bats
Yeah sure, but there are more pressing matters at hand.

-new bat swarms
Absolutely. I don't care what cute special rules they get (what is it now, enemy's at ASL in CC..) as long as the models are that incredibly boring I'm not getting 'em. GW is throwing customers at other manufacturers with this one.

-vampire bsb model
Oh come on.. If you can't build a nice one yourself, you don't deserve to have one. Spoken plainly.

Yeah the current Abyssal Terror is one of few units that actually comes close to Batswarms in terms of inspiration. We could do with a new one there for sure..

-vampire on hellsteed
GW should release this. Yes. In the mean time let's just look dumbfounded as we turn to other manufacturers.

-new black coach
I don't get people's gripes with this model. It's great. A *new* one would be great too, I'm sure, but it's not a priority in my book..

-ghoul king by itself
Cool idea. And why not? Could be one of those cheap-ish plastic sets we've seen so much of lately.

Another one that would be fun (of course!) but not really a priority as I see it. You can meld the current zombie-kit with Empire Statetroops, Goblins, elves.. hell.. you can make all sorts of cool stuff with them if you put your mind to it. I'd say there are more important things to update than zombies.

Balerion
18-02-2012, 00:54
-Individual bloodknights.
-new black coach
I don't get people's gripes with this model. It's great. A *new* one would be great too, I'm sure, but it's not a priority in my book..

Duuuuuude, it's wretched.

The biggest knock against it is that it's literally a floor, some walls, and a roof, enclosing a completely hollow and featureless space. It has gaping open portals instead of solid flats that could be painted to represent glass, which means that a) you can see the featureless insides, and b) there's no way to paint it to look realistic, short of filling in the window spaces with plasticard. The exterior detail of the coach is pretty shabby, particularly in the front where the Wraith sits, and at the back "door" which is less a door than a blank space. You have the four plastic clone wheels. Then the old skeletal steeds, which are not merely ugly, but are also the wrong models. And you don't even get legal sized base in the kit, and you can't even order one because they don't manufacture them in those dimensions.

Gimme a new plastic Coach with solid windows, superior exterior detail, actual Nightmares, and a legal base plz. :p