PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Campaign, my first time!

agurus1
15-02-2012, 18:32
Hello Warseers, so I'm trying to get a campaign started with my local group and I was aiming to use the old Vogen campaign as the basis for it. Any suggestions as how to update it to 5th Ed? Suggestions for how to organize players? I was thinking of three teams since we have almost 20 folks who want to play (Chaos, Imperial, Xenos), but how would that work with each team making moves over the campaign? Thanks for the help!

Chapters Unwritten
15-02-2012, 18:34
The Vogen campaign as written pretty much translates straight to 5th edition pretty well. The easiest way to adapt it is to change the rules for each of the areas on the map.

MasterValrik
15-02-2012, 21:24
You can use Vogan, or just male ur own, its not diffcult just a little home work, make the map a couple diffrent worlds, in where everyone has a stake in it, give points of intrested each week and let each side put it in where they will attack or defend, then set the games up, giving victory points etc based on games played.

Serpent
16-02-2012, 22:19
Just keep it at a good pace. Too quick rounds and people will drop out because they can't fit their games into their schedule. Too long rounds and people will drop out because they get bored from not getting to play another round soon enough.

Basically, expect people to drop out of the campaign and have a solution ready.

Easy E
17-02-2012, 14:36
Yeah, and keep it simple. Too much off table action will bog the campaign down.