PDA

View Full Version : Objective Room Treasure - when and where?

S_A_T_S
16-02-2012, 15:38
I've been thinking since my last game that we didn't do objective room treasure properly. We finished a dungeon, got some gold for completing, then we wondered if we would get any treasure. Reading the section before objective room treasure table, the GM/party leader decided it said we got 1 treasure roll EACH. When I actually looked at what we rolled up, that seems massively OP. BL1 character with T9, another with 4 attacks? Is it one each, one for the whole party divvied up by the leader? Do we get one for EVERY dungeon we complete? Just want to be clear, never really bothered with ORTT before unless expressly stated in a mission.

Butch1973
17-02-2012, 18:11
Personally I stick to the rewards listed in the adventure books at level 1 which sometimes don't amount to much at all, then award ONE objective room treasure plus regular treasures for each monster group after that. Having previously had a level 1 barbarian with a sword of vengeance and the armour of dargan I agree that early access to these powerful items can throw the balance too far in the players direction.

BigRob
18-02-2012, 11:01
Yes and No, some items in the objective room deck are mighty but some are not so great. For every sword of vengence there is a pistol or a speed stone of LeMarquis. Might seem powerful at level 1 but fast forward to level 5 or 6 and things are getting hairy for the heroes, especially when most large monsters will put a player down to 0 wounds with an attack (strength 6+ and Damage Dice of 3 or more is usually enough).

Butch1973
18-02-2012, 11:32
Fair point. If I had the time and energy and a clear painting table I'd consider making Battle Levelled treasure tables with the juicier items unavailable for a few levels, and a few more mundane but expensive items at the lower levels. If it was in groups of levels it probably wouldn't take that much effort actually - one table each for levels 1-3, 4-6 and 7-10.

BigRob
18-02-2012, 15:09
I've done that, the lower level table included most of the mundane weapons and armour, since you hardly ever see them because everyone finds a suit of invincibility and a sword of megadeath in the first two games ;) WFRP 1 and the old Magic suppliments for WFB will help you with ideas for extra items.

Frogczar
23-02-2012, 18:26
We've house-ruled the final treasure to 1 Objective Room Treasure for the party, 1 treasure card for each member. It's a nice balance.

Littlemonk
28-04-2012, 06:58
Fair point. If I had the time and energy and a clear painting table I'd consider making Battle Levelled treasure tables with the juicier items unavailable for a few levels, and a few more mundane but expensive items at the lower levels. If it was in groups of levels it probably wouldn't take that much effort actually - one table each for levels 1-3, 4-6 and 7-10.

I've actually made tables for Objective Room Treasures. And coincidentally the same levels you mentioned.

We play that you only receive Obj. Room Treasure if the Adventure mentions that the Warriors receive a Treasure Card. If not, it's just the gold (or in some cases, nothing!).

Tables and charts are on my custom board:

http://bwarhammerquestcustomized.runboard.com/