PDA

View Full Version : dwarf brewhouse masterclass.

Morkmillian
16-02-2012, 22:54
did a search and couldnt see anythign on this but appologies if its already posted.
thought some people may find it interesting.

GW are hosting a dwarf brewhouse master class.
122 - so 1 expensive piece of scenery
you get various products + the stuff + help to build it.
i cant really judge how big it is but it looks pretty large.

the thing that interests me the most is that it shows they are thinking of other races for scenery :)
shame its dwarfs and not orcs tho!!!! *boos*

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440153a&prodId=prod1500607a

The bearded one
17-02-2012, 03:32
I must say that brewhouse looks quite good. A pretty good use of various bits.

shelfunit.
17-02-2012, 09:28
It's about 70 (bought directly) of models/scenery + the other bits. There's no doubt the finished article looks pretty good, and it looks like you'll get a runelord with it as well. Having the picture it shouldn't be "too" hard to make it from home if one were so inclined.

EDIT: Whilst expensive I'm sure it will be a fun day at WHW, and if they do make other race specific terrain (and post pics of the finished article online) it can only be a good thing in my opinion. Also comes with lunch & drinks - I know Bugman's does a decent burger.

EmperorNorton
17-02-2012, 10:43
I have the German site as my standard setting, so when I clicked on the link it told me that a ticket for this event costs 159,50€.
Looking at the current exchange rate, 122 equals 147€. So even for something like this they add a surcharge for people outside the UK?
That's bizzare.
Granted, the chances are slim there will be any people flying to Notthingham from out of the country to attend this. But still.

MarcoSkoll
17-02-2012, 11:38
So even for something like this they add a surcharge for people outside the UK?
There's the official exchange rates (which turns 147 into 122) and then there's the rate after the bank has taken their percentage commission and charged for a currency conversion (which turns 147 into quite a bit less than 122). It's how international finance is.

RTGamer
17-02-2012, 15:33
I am here in the 'Merica and the site is not showing it for me. Is it only on the UK site?

EDIT: - Found it. Looks pretty nice. The Realm of Battleboard one seems a little excessive!

Confessor_Atol
17-02-2012, 16:45
Hey RT could you post a link for the rest of us state-siders. I can't find it.

RTGamer
17-02-2012, 17:46
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440153a

You will need to change the site country to UK for it to work. It won't work for US readers.

Spectrar Ghost
17-02-2012, 18:32
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440153a

You will need to change the site country to UK for it to work. It won't work for US readers.

'Cause it's happening at WHW. THe model is okay, but there are better ways to do it. Textured plasticard anyone?

Morkmillian
18-02-2012, 02:28
just looking at the realm of battle workshop.
it is ofc excessivly priced (250) but it says you get 40 pots of citidale paint.
i wonder if you could take your own poster paint to use on the day and pocket the 40 pots of paint :P

if not i wonder how much spare paint youd have after painting that thing with all those little pots of paint :)

Morkmillian
18-02-2012, 02:32
sorry just spotted one more!
they are on a roll with this. must have been succesfull last year.

seems like you get the fortified manor house + 1 more bit of scenery to make somthign larger.
options are,
wizards tower.
undead mausoleam.
empire grand manor.
orc stronghold.

shame theres only a picture of 1 of them - either the empire manor or wizards tower.
but shows they are looking at other races for scenery :)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1120003a

Mastodon
18-02-2012, 07:22
just looking at the realm of battle workshop.
it is ofc excessivly priced (250) but it says you get 40 pots of citidale paint.
i wonder if you could take your own poster paint to use on the day and pocket the 40 pots of paint :P

if not i wonder how much spare paint youd have after painting that thing with all those little pots of paint :)

95 for 8 hours of tuition by someone in the studio and all the materials you need to paint a board doesnt seem that excessive to me really.

The board being 155 I can agree with you on though.

benvoliothefirst
26-02-2012, 20:26
I used RTgamer's trick to change the country to UK and was stunned at all the awesome events going on that Brits have access to and we Americans don't. I guess I understand since the gaming population there is a lot more concentrated in a smaller area with the company HQ, but still... no one anywhere in America wants to do a sculpting masterclass?

Now I'm sad.

RTGamer
27-02-2012, 02:51
We don't have a Warhammer world. Could be nice holiday though pop down for a couple of days and get a cool bit of scenery to take back on the plane.