PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the opposite

mitsukai
21-02-2012, 10:23
Hi Boys and Girls of Warseer,

At the moment I collect Both Necrons(2.5kish) and Dark Eldar(1.5-2k) I`m now itching to start an army that pretty well the opposite play style to these armies as my third and final slot.

My thoughts are:-

Orks :- thinking of setting up a Imperial guard-esque force using a horde army with Looted wagons and such non, Also have quite an amusing idea for fluff for them I.e Imperium loyal Orks( hehe) just so I can scream "For the Emperwaaaggghhhh"

Daemons :- After seeing a thread elsewhere using certain fantasy minitures as count as Daemons ( Dryads, Treekin etc) indeed this was inspired by the guy that post about using them in another post

Chaos Space Marines:- At the moment the Idea of a Khornate army quite appeals to me but have heard a single god army can be quite useless (Also fear this may be quite close to Necrons in some of their playstyle)

So any thoughts opinions or indeed any other suggestions will be willingly taken on board

Thank you in advance

ErictheGreen
21-02-2012, 10:56
Hi Boys and Girls of Warseer,

At the moment I collect Both Necrons(2.5kish) and Dark Eldar(1.5-2k) I`m now itching to start an army that pretty well the opposite play style to these armies as my third and final slot.

Well, given the variety of builds in the necron book, it entirely depends on your playstyle.

Can I suggest some other alternatives?
- Space Marine biker army; almost as fast as your dark eldar, but more survivable. Small army so requires quite a bit of finesse (again, similar to your dark eldar)
- Deathwing; rock hard troops that are the workhorses of your whole army. don't see anything like that in Crons or DE. And relatively cheap to get a 1500-2000 point force up and running.
- A Khorne army shouldn't be that close to necrons in playstyle, simply because you're not about the shooting. At all. Can chaos space marines get blessing of the blood god in berserker units? screws grey knights up royally. and that's always fun.
- Demons are tricky to use, but i'm seeing them make a comeback, mainly thanks to the aforementioned blessing of the blood god. No more shall purifiers upset your demonic hordes as you make 2++ saves everywhere.
- I would vote for your orks, because a properly themed and converted ork army is hella fun.