PDA

View Full Version : warhammer podcasts.are

kasrkinsquad
25-02-2012, 15:35
Hi all. I am looking for recommendations on wfb podcasts preferably with a focus on high elves and non tournament play.

giant stegadon
25-02-2012, 15:44
I'm not aware of any podcasts that focus on a specific army(ies). Garage Hammer tends to not focus on tournaments and about a year ago did an episode on High Elves. I don't play in tournaments at all but I've found I still like listening to the ones that do talk about tournaments.

kasrkinsquad
25-02-2012, 15:51
Ahh so those are the guys I find. Ok so I take it back any good fantasy podcasts in general.

Confessor_Atol
25-02-2012, 16:39
Aren't they the guys who make the 4 hour long casts? Man they can talk.

Mallo
25-02-2012, 17:24
Aren't they the guys who make the 4 hour long casts? Man they can talk.

Yes they are, and the tamurkhan cast was over 2 episodes, which must have clocked in more like 8 hours! The most recent one I have was talking about VC and that was close to 5 hours!

I love it though, they are a great bunch and the community vibe they have going is fantastic, and its nice that they talk about stuff other then just dice rolling, such as painting and modeling.

Though it covers almost every aspect of gaming, worlds end radio is a good one, though I think that they may have stopped recording them now, but I did enjoy hearing about non GW games I may not of heard of otherwise.

giant stegadon
26-02-2012, 16:35
I think my favorite is Heelan Hammer. They tend to focus on the British tourney scene but I think they do a podcast the best. Lately they've been doing their own campaign which has been interesting to listen to.

Garage Hammer puts out gigantic 4 hour long podcasts. I drive a lot so it really doesnt bug me (I'm stuck in the car either way). They've gotten a lot better over the past year about not getting so off topic or just restating the obvious over and over during discussions.

Bad Dice used to be my favorite but one of the hosts left and the new guys just don't have the same rhythm. There's still worse ones though. Black Sun is another British one thats super crude and focused on tournaments. They tend to be too off topic or rambling for me.

For some American ones- Ohio Hammer has gotten a lot better since they have started, but still have a lot of room for improvement (also some of the hosts voices are annoying). Point Hammered can be good but if you don't like cursing or people farting into the mike then don't bother. Wisco Dice is new & I haven't tried it yet.

Chris Mctav
08-03-2012, 02:51
Jaded gamercast is a good podcast if you dont mind swearing and rude comments. In the later episodes they have become more wfb orientated rather than splitting their time between 40k and fantasy

Malorian
08-03-2012, 13:36
I find Heelan hammer hard to follow since I don't have anything to do with the ETC, although at the same time I love listening to the Black Sun just because of how fun it is.

I'm also a fan of Jaded Gamercast because they are local and I have fun picking on them ;)

Novrain
08-03-2012, 13:59
I like Garagehammer and Jaded Gamercast the most out of the ones I listen to, but there are a whole bundle out there.

Jacktheripper34
08-03-2012, 17:34
Again heelanhammer and bad dice are awesome, get involved on the forum and twitter and you can interact with the guys on the show. These are prolly the most professional podcasts and while they do focus on the UK tourney scene it is still nice to get an idea of strategy and tactics.

Again Ohio hammer and garage hammer are great US ones

SteelTitan
08-03-2012, 17:40
Yep, same here. In order of preference:

1. Heelanhammer
2. Bad Dice
3. Jaded Gamer (they just have to cut the battlefield armada crap :P)

Unfortunately none of them really delve into deep tactical discussions like for instance TMRichards (or was it TMA?) or Malorian (although he's mostly back to talking without actual examples of moves and stuff) does with their youtube videos. Of course, the media also lends itself better for showing certain tactical moves but if you look at the11thcompany for instance (40K), they do manage to pull it off with a podcast.