PDA

View Full Version : Reused resin or something else?

Vegeta365
27-02-2012, 09:24
I received a space marine armoured proteus landraider from Forgeworld the other day. When taking the excess resin off the individual pieces there was an extra piece attached to one of the main landraider sides.

On the main landraider sides piece of excess resin was the standard games workshop ltd signature. But on the extra piece that was attached (that was not a fw landraider piece) was a different company signature regina industries limited. I went on their website out of curiosity to see they make plastics (though I couldn't see any resin specifics).

Was wondering how this would happen. Do they reuse resin?

Any thoughts?

Emperors Teeth
27-02-2012, 16:42
Lol... that company's just a couple miles from where I'm sitting right now!

I bet FW have done some outsourcing to them. That would be my guess. Now, where are my night-vision goggles and ninja suit...

Sons of Lorgar
27-02-2012, 16:56
Or that's their main resin supplyer

Chem-Dog
27-02-2012, 16:57
Could be they use the company's plastics in their moulding process or something?

koran
27-02-2012, 19:02
Can you put up a picture? Im curious.

Stonerhino
27-02-2012, 19:14
It would not be reused resin. Well the only resin I have worked with is K-Resin but if the job allows for it to be reused its reground down to pellet sized, mixed with new and reprocessed.

You should post a pic of what you got.

Edit:
For some of our customers. The tool has our logo in addition to the customer's. But that's gereanlly for medical parts that can back tracked all the way to the material manufacturer. And even then it's really only for parts that are made at different locations too.

Vegeta365
27-02-2012, 22:15
I will take a picture on my iphone tomorrow and will try to get it from there onto this thread for all to see.

Do I need a photobucket account of some sort to do that? If I do, then is there a free one I can quickly set up? I keep meaning to put painted models on the forum so it will help with both :)

Bloodknight
27-02-2012, 22:24
Photobucket is free, but you should be able to upload the pic as an attachment to one of your posts as well. Photobucket is better because it's not restricted and doesn't put strain on the Warseer server. :)

Project2501
28-02-2012, 00:50
I will take a picture on my iphone tomorrow and will try to get it from there onto this thread for all to see.

Do I need a photobucket account of some sort to do that? If I do, then is there a free one I can quickly set up? I keep meaning to put painted models on the forum so it will help with both :)

You cannot upload a photo from your iPhone to (seemingly anything much less) Warseer. You will need to upload it to an actual computer and from there you can upload it to Warseer/Photobucket/whatever.

AndrewGPaul
28-02-2012, 08:27
Actually, you can use the Photobucket app to upload photos directly from your phone to your Photobucket account, and from there you can link to them in a forum post. No PC needed.

Vegeta365
28-02-2012, 09:21
Thanks for all the replies. I am at work right now, so will look when I get home. When I said from my iphone I did mean plugging my iphone into my computer to get the picture onto the computer but probably didnt explain that. However the app sounds really good so thanks.

The piece with the branding on clearly looks like a resin model piece, but I do not recognise it as a forgeworld piece (but I do not own every FW kit) so once people see it we may have more of an idea.

Thanks