PDA

View Full Version : Wild Riders ???????

Kroq
05-06-2005, 16:57
So are the Wild Riders totally different models or just a stat upgrade for glade riders ?

I was really hoping for a bear shape shifter shaman like in Warcraft 3.

laserkatten
05-06-2005, 17:04
Im beginning to think that youll have to use the gladeridermodels :(
Ergo the spears on the wildriders.

Q-rak
05-06-2005, 17:50
wild riders are very good i cant write stats but that is good unit

i have much of info at new wood elfs

bye

Galonthar
05-06-2005, 18:16
So are the Wild Riders totally different models or just a stat upgrade for glade riders ?

hmmm... the druids if I`m not mistaken ;)
I`ve allready started calling my WE mages druids,.. (and yes, I`ve thought about the bear form thingies too)

and,...
Hi Q-rak,... welcome to portent,... have u been lurking long?

Xxcha
05-06-2005, 19:55
Q-rak.

You say you know lots about the new WE. If this is so, can you tell us if they will have their own models or not?

Leceaus
05-06-2005, 20:09
Q-rak:

Can you tell more about kindred aspects, or what they are called?
What they basically do? How much they cost? And does that cost come from magic item "limit"?

Ddraggoch
05-06-2005, 20:25
As we are not allowed to answer some of your questions on this forum you should watch the discussion on the battleglade. http://p096.ezboard.com/fbattlegladeforumfrm1.showMessage?topicID=5936.top ic All of your questions are answered in this post.

Il Magno
05-06-2005, 21:14
wild raiders will have their models, I have seen them (in picture) during the campaign week end held in my town.
They looks to me as amix between war dancers and glade raiders (especially Mike McVey ones, if you remember his wonderful diorama).
Raiding horses and armed with lance.

Leceaus
05-06-2005, 21:52
Thank you Ddraggoch

Q-rak
06-06-2005, 06:19
lol wild riders are using spera and have S4 (S5 when charging)
Magic resistace(1)
Imiune to psychology
5+ ward for non magical attacks
6+ward for other attacks
Fast cavalary
Elven steed
Fury of kornous (on any round of combat in which the wild riders id not chargethey gain +1 attack)
They have sperae and light armour
They cause fear when charge to next round of combat

The kindreds do not count to magic item points>

Bye
Ask more question!!

warsmith
06-06-2005, 06:26
-Forest Spirit - Immune to psy, magic attack, 5+ Ward cancelled by magic attacks

so, what happen when lost a combat? LD test --> if fail -->flee?
LD test --> same as demonic?

Thx

Elbereth
06-06-2005, 09:42
Q-rak.

How does the army composition work? Is it like chaos, so depending on the type of general that those same units become core?

Ex; wood elf general, then all wood elf units become core and forest units special and vice versa.

Or is the army list more versatile?

laserkatten
06-06-2005, 11:04
The wild riders will be uncanningly good in the second round of cc compared to other elven cavalry. Instead od 1 attack at st 3 theyll get 2 att st 4. Thats great.

thanquol
06-06-2005, 11:07
hmmm... the druids if I`m not mistaken ;)
I`ve allready started calling my WE mages druids,.. (and yes, I`ve thought about the bear form thingies too)

and,...
Hi Q-rak,... welcome to portent,... have u been lurking long?
Really...
Write a little less nonsense. Why would WE mages (druids) get somthin like a bear form. As well make Dragons core Units!!!!!!!!!!

Jester
06-06-2005, 11:07
Another one: with a 6+ ward on horse, does that mean that they'll have a 5+ save against normal attacks?

Anyway, it looks like the woodies are going to be hell to play - yes, they'll be packing some punch, but they will die like flies in a forest fire with too small numbers to cope with it.

Of course, this is not neccessarily bad...

thanquol
06-06-2005, 11:12
As we are not allowed to answer some of your questions on this forum you should watch the discussion on the battleglade. http://p096.ezboard.com/fbattlegladeforumfrm1.showMessage?topicID=5936.top ic All of your questions are answered in this post.
THIS LINK ROCKS. IT'S REALLY THE WHOLE WE LIST!!!!!

Odin
06-06-2005, 11:59
Write a little less nonsense. Why would WE mages (druids) get somthin like a bear form. As well make Dragons core Units!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the old wood elf beastmaters used to have bear form (or wildcat form, dog form...).

Galonthar
06-06-2005, 12:09
OMFG,... that list sooo good...

only its a pity of those MI,.... they ARE crap (or most of em...),
those banners.... light,.. where`s my standard that rallies me if I survive fleeing.... :cries: :cries:

warsmith
06-06-2005, 12:32
Another one: with a 6+ ward on horse, does that mean that they'll have a 5+ save against normal attacks?

Anyway, it looks like the woodies are going to be hell to play - yes, they'll be packing some punch, but they will die like flies in a forest fire with too small numbers to cope with it.

Of course, this is not neccessarily bad...

answer is yes...... but anyway can help me to answer my question?
-Forest Spirit - Immune to psy, magic attack, 5+ Ward cancelled by magic attacks

Thx

imthedci
06-06-2005, 13:49
Thx

As far as I can tell from all of the former discussions, Forest Spirits = Daemons (rules wise anyways....) :angel: :angel:

warsmith
06-06-2005, 14:22
if yes.......

why treeman need to have subbton or unbreakable??

Seer Vansqueek
06-06-2005, 15:18
Dryads, Treemen, Treekins and Wild Rides are Forest Spirits and this means:

1) Immune to psychology
2) Ward 5+ vs non magical attacks
3)They DON'T HAVE INSTABILITY rules

Treemen cause Terror, Dryads and Treekins cause fear and Wild Riders cause fear on the turn they charge

warsmith
06-06-2005, 15:30
Dryads, Treemen, Treekins and Wild Rides are Forest Spirits and this means:

1) Immune to psychology
2) Ward 5+ vs non magical attacks
3)They DON'T HAVE INSTABILITY rules

Treemen cause Terror, Dryads and Treekins cause fear and Wild Riders cause fear on the turn they charge

Great!!!if no instability....sure good....how do u know that?

Ziom
06-06-2005, 16:00
All Forest Spirits take Break Test as normal.

Odin
06-06-2005, 16:31
only its a pity of those MI,.... they ARE crap (or most of em...),

Actually, I like a lot of those. there's plenty of unusual ones (not just the usual thing of renaming a magic item which already exists to make it fit into a different army). In particular I like:

a Murder of Sprites - great for adding to your killing ability - with poison they can cause problems for even the toughest of enemies and could give you the edge in combat.

an Annoyance of Netlings - Just can't wait to challenge my opponent's Vampire Count only for him to find out he can't hit me properly! Hurrah!

The Stand & Shoot Banner (whatever it's called). Get a decent size unit of Glade Guard and you can be throwing S4 attacks at the enemy right up until the last moment. Nice.

Moonstone - imagine your opponent's dismay when he commits a unit to attack the Waywatchers who have been plaguing him, only to find that the teleport to another wood to continue annoying him.

I can't wait to try out some nasty combos.

Renka
06-06-2005, 18:56
Why, there IS a mage that can transform into a bear in the Wood Elf army list: the Archmage! He can use the Lore of Beasts and by doing so he can (with a little luck) get the Bear Form spell (or whatever it is called). So there are indeed Elf/ Bear shapeshifters in this army.

Calgar
06-06-2005, 19:10
Does anyone have pictures of the Wild riders?

Odin
06-06-2005, 19:27
Does anyone have pictures of the Wild riders?

I think GW is keeping them well under wraps. Hopefully this means they are spectacular, and doesn't mean that they've been sculpted by Morley or Morrisson and GW are embarrassed to show them.

75hastings69
06-06-2005, 19:39
............they've been sculpted by Morley or Morrisson and GW are embarrassed to show them.

I know this is off thread, but, Trish Morrison has to be the WORST sculpter(ess?) in the world, her recent Yhetees are even worse than Morley's Nagash!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if she had anything to do with Treekin?

Xxcha
06-06-2005, 20:21
I dont think that the tree-kin are anyway near as bad as the Yhetees. They only look bad because they are being compared to the rest of the wood elf range which is the greatest games workshop has come up with.

Renka
06-06-2005, 20:23
Yeah, I too like them alot. Reminds me of the lovely Chaos Trolls.
Personally I am thrilled by the new Wood Elves, and I have yet to see a model I doesn't like from that range.

malisteen
09-06-2005, 01:08
Whoo, some if this thread is skimming a little too close to forum rules re/ statline posting.

Anyway, the way I heard it, some of the wild riders' bonuses are dependant on having a surviving musician in the unit. In any event, I think I'll prefer the new wardancers. Not quite as fast, perhaps, but slightly more deadly in close combat, if rumors are to be believed.

As for the linked post, wow, that's the most detailed info on an upcoming codex I've seen since 3rd ed tyranids, when a full playtest codex was leaked onto portent. Just keep in mind that everything in that post is a rumor, and much of it could be flat out wrong, or based on an unfinished playtest version of the list.

And I liked Nagash. That giant/skeleton/clown's crazy hat put the chaos dwarf line to shame. Mad good.