PDA

View Full Version : Quests of Legend

talion
16-07-2012, 20:45
Hi all,

I've been a long time RPG fan, and loved the way Warhammer Quest simplified the RPG process.

I have started a new website called Quests of Legend. It is not specifically a WHQ site, but the tiles use the WHQ concept.

www.quests-of-legend.weebly.com

on this site you will find new tiles for RPG games, accessories (currently doorways), new characters for WHQ and monsters both for WHQ and for general use.

The siteis only 3 weeks old, and I work full time so it currently updates slower than i would like.

There is currently 14 new board sections, 1 new character and 1 new doorway available to download.

I hope you like what you see.

Cheers

Talion

Butch1973
19-07-2012, 13:27
Good work, always up for some new board sections

Daniel36
19-07-2012, 18:43
Ooh I do like the Dwarf Mine tiles. Really cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!

bobthebobish
04-08-2012, 22:13
So why isn't GW paying you to do this? These tiles are awesome they have the same style and feel of the old ones but look even better! Thanks again for the great work can't wait to use these myself!

Purplebeard
05-08-2012, 09:29
Your site looks like a lot of fun. We need to get some dwarf or mine-themed missions sorted to go with those railt track tiles.

Indiana Jones style mine cart racing is compulsory.

talion
05-08-2012, 09:58
There will be a full set of rules for mine carts, including mine cart tokens to put your characters in.

i intend to have speed cards for the mine carts, that way, you could have sections where you are being chased, by goblins in a cart then slow down and they overtake you. Indiana Jones has been my thought from the beginning.

talion
18-08-2012, 16:16
New quests section added to the site. First quest added, a level 1 quest.

The quest contains new board sections, cards, and monster event card. The quests are designed for using a GM.

HereBeDragons
20-08-2012, 07:16
Fantastic work on that quest! Looks great! Phenomenal amount of effort going into these

Shas'El Tael
31-08-2012, 06:26
And as if on cue, this cart arrives on the market for the above Dwarven Mine tunnels :

http://ttfix.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/thomarillion-mine-trolley.html

Thought this might push folk over the edge to download and go all Indiana Jones on WHQst ;)

- Tael.

Eboli
31-08-2012, 08:05
Yes, I saw that this morning and thought about the Quests of Legend site.

My only question would be does the normal model railway track fit this cart? I hope so as this would be handy. Otherwise building up a cart from the rolling stock could probably be done also.

Cheers!

PS - my project is now on hold until we sell our house and move into our other one. Everything apart from my latest build section has been packed away as part of the process of de-cluttering. I am looking forward to December if everything goes to plan, but, then again, there will be a lot of work requiring done also...

talion
31-08-2012, 14:41
nice, i'll hopefully have the set up soon. i was going to add a card mine-cart token type thing to be used if you didn't want a 3d one. I got to still sort rules for mine carts, including changing speed, bumping and crashing.......and of course being run-over by one.

HereBeDragons
02-09-2012, 09:13
You might also want to think about sections where two tracks run along parallel to each other. For sections where enemies can try and pull heroes from one cart to another, or where heroes can leap across to slaughter enemies. There is an awesome amount of stuff you can do with these mine cart sections! Great stuff! Ooo don't forget about carts performing death defying leaps across collapsed sections!

talion
02-09-2012, 09:29
Already started work on one like that, one with 3 track ways. Also with cavern walls separating you. This is where the speed cards come in, you could be racing along with goblins behind you shooting arrows. Come to a junction split up from the goblins then slow right down to pull up behind them.

This would work better with a GM contorling the bad guys, otherwise the only way i can think of doing it without a GM is just randomly, which may mean monsters slowing down and speeding up irratically.

HereBeDragons
02-09-2012, 18:45
Well you could create rules for the goblins to obey, for example when the heroes are in front, they will travel as quickly as possible to catch up with them, when opposite the heroes (on parallel tracks) they will match speed, and when the heroes are behind, then maybe they choose a random speed, biased such that generally they will chose to maintain the present speed? But I agree, GM control would be preferable!

talion
21-11-2012, 19:08
Update : Added the Dwarven Mine corridor sections to the downloads page. No Rules for Mine Carts yet, but if you use them in your game I would be interested in how you used them. I have some ideas myself, but others are more than welcome.

Cheers

talion
26-06-2013, 15:02
Updated the website - Concepts of the new Woodland Set, and a Room for the Dwarven Mine set.

Enjoy

Shas'El Tael
28-06-2013, 08:58
Solid work Talion, I like the idea of the circle of mushrooms :D

talion
28-06-2013, 10:24
Cheers Shas'El Tael - When are we going to see some more of your amazing quests

Added the first two area/room tiles for the new woodland tile set's in the Boards section of the download page.

Purplebeard
01-07-2013, 05:49
I will go and check them out! :)

Chickenbane
15-07-2013, 16:34
Those tiles are excellent! Just got back into WHQ and those tiles have given me loads of ideas!

talion
21-07-2013, 13:54
Those of you not subscribe to the updates on the blog.

Added some new monsters from DnD to be used in game. Working on the outdoor tiles and some dragon monster cards. The dragons will all have a breath weapon template as well.

http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/5/4/12543995/6507567.jpg?165

Chickenbane
25-07-2013, 16:49
I like them new critters! You should put a link to the site in your sig.

ashc
25-07-2013, 17:25
This is excellent, consider me subscribed!

talion
25-07-2013, 18:23
I like them new critters! You should put a link to the site in your sig.

According to my settings it is, for some reason it never appears, don't know if it's because most of the time I'm using a tablet to access the forums.

talion
26-07-2013, 13:31
Another Monster now added to download.

The first in the Dragon set: Firstly the White Dragon with it's Chilling Mist breath weapon. When you download the file, you will get the new White Dragon Event Card, a "Chilling Mist" breath weapon template, and a short piece of text about the breath weapon to be glued on the back of the template.

*Warning all use for high level characters, or for low level charaters to run away from

talion
28-07-2013, 14:31
The black dragon has now also been added again has it's own breath weapon template and description

working on the Green Dragon now

talion
04-08-2013, 20:50
I'm distracted with making new monsters at the moment. Still working on the Dragons, but also working on some Elemental, and will be making new spell cards to accompany them. Iooking for large elements tale at the moment. I've got:

Fire: http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/77082_p_1_mj.jpg

Poosible water: http://www.dungeoncrawler.com/kickstarter_2013/updates/water_elemental.png (depending on the finished mini)

Earth : ?

Air: ?

I'm looking for two good versions of earth and air, I like ones that seem natural but have appendages. I'm not of fan of full faces on elementals.

Any suggestions?

Richard
05-08-2013, 07:29
I'm looking for two good versions of earth and air, I like ones that seem natural but have appendages. I'm not of fan of full faces on elementals.

Any suggestions?

for air if you happy you could do like a scenary base where in the mix of twirling and swirling lines throw leaves into the mix. shape not like a standard tornado but one within another. you a smaller wider , we go with rings like bracelets then that's just skimping the surface, then smaller rings building out of the braclets into a big cloud no arms! again just lines of swirls and twirls. for eyes it bit made from where one line meets another like a pointy triangle effect. if this doesn't make sense sorry and if I can I try do sketch and add it if you like.

Daemonslave
05-08-2013, 09:55
I've thought about making rules for elementals (lesser and greater) in WHQ and looked at at a few models too.

That Fire Daemon was my pick for lesser, and I was thinking about converting the Balrog to make a greater version.

Water, I like the look of that mini you have posted a pic of. Where is that from? I haven't seen it before. The ones I were leaning towards were;
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/143/e/1/Water_Elemental_Miniature_by_Atropos907.jpg
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics5/img3f9cace43345e.jpg

but not really fussed on either.

For Earth, it has to be these guys;

lesser; http://paizo.com/image/product/catalog/RPR/RPR65090_500.jpeg
Greater; http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/rogueidolp8.jpg

Didn't come up with much for air that I liked - maybe a C'Tan conversion

talion
05-08-2013, 13:02
I'm not really looking for conversions. I want people to be able to buy the miniature shown on the card.

@Deamonslave : I quite like those water elementals.................the one I pictured was on the "Dungeon Crawler" Kickstarter so is only a sketch at the moment, but it has potential.

The first of your earth elementals is the Reaper miniatures one.....it's okay, but has a stupid dinosaur skeleton on his back????

as for the forgeworld one that's exactly what i'm looking for but

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/rogueidolp1.jpg

I don't think it'll fit in a WHQ dungeon yet alone a tile :p

Daemonslave
05-08-2013, 13:20
Sorry, I keep forgetting that I've made my 3D tiles to accomodate big beasties like this and the FW Greater Daemons. Nope, definately not suitable for normal 'Quest games. As for the Reaper one, surely it's easy to just rub down or green stuff the dinosaur bones part.

talion
07-09-2013, 21:28
The D&D Mimic has now been added to the site. File contains a new monster card, a new event that can trigger the Mimic monster card, and can either be used in conjunction or not at all.

I have also re-done some of the graphics on the "Treasure Chest" token that comes with WHQ (Nothing fancy) and have included 8 of these for use by GM's

Enjoy

Purplebeard
10-09-2013, 20:07
But it would make a nice mega-monster in some sort of super-cavern room partway through an adventure. Instead of Gandalf duelling the Balrog in The Lord of the Rings, it could be the questing warriors have to rescue a princess (or prince!) from the sacred sacrificial cave of the savage orcs - and they have to tackle that guy hehehe.

talion
29-09-2013, 20:54
Another 4 new monster cards created.......

Hydra
Ent
Wraith
Banshee

Enjoy

talion
19-10-2013, 15:06
Okay guys.

The last 2 Chromatic Dragons have now been added to the site.......had to wait for them to be made by the company first.

We have the Blue and the Red Dragon.

As always both come with the monster card as well as a breath template. Breath weapon for the blue has been changed from a lighting bolt to "Electricity" as it suits the look of the template better, same rules apply though.

Enjoy.

Daemonslave
20-10-2013, 09:14
Going back to your elementals, I see that Reaper is making a new water one using bones. I quite like the look of the concept art, so that might be another one for you to consider.

Scroll about halfway down of the orange options box

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones

talion
20-10-2013, 09:35
Yep, I've seent his guy and like the concept drawing a lot....I hope he turns out as good as the fire elemental.

talion
29-06-2014, 20:26
Hello, I haven't posted in this for a while.

I need help..........I'm making a new set of cards to be used in WHQ and I can't think of a design to go on the back of the card. This is any entirly new type of card which I'm hoping will add a bit of fun.

The new card is for "HENCHMEN" or "FOLLOWERS", each henchman will have stats like a monster and a cost to hire them.

if you guys would like to design the back of the logo i'll make it the offical henchmen card back.......i already have an idea for 2 just need to create the card.

"Help me...you're my only help"

cheers

talion
30-06-2014, 11:06
Another set of monsters added - Automatons this time.

The Brass Golem
Mirror Golems with their magical mirrors
Steam Dragons.

http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/5/4/12543995/791973003.jpg

Cheers

Geoh
04-07-2014, 14:17
Hi Talion,
No idea for tha backing of your Henchman cards. They do sound like fun though.
I'm replying really to just say thank you for the Warhammer quest stuff on your site. I have downloaded and played your Infestation quest. Also added the Mimic to my events deck. :)
Thanks again Geoh