PDA

View Full Version : Return to Space Hulk

Brimstone
07-06-2005, 23:15
The new issue of Black Gobbo has a article on gaming with Space Hulk

Return to Space Hulk. (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/gaming/spacehulk/default.htm)

Haven't read it yet to see how it compares to the old but it looks interesting.

Lord_Dante
07-06-2005, 23:21
Wooo thats great. I loved the Space Hulk version I had (2nd I think). I got it for 10 in a local discount store just for the terminators but ended up playing the game too. Hehe.

hood_oz
07-06-2005, 23:31
The new issue of Black Gobbo has a article on gaming with Space Hulk

Return to Space Hulk. (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/gaming/spacehulk/default.htm)

Haven't read it yet to see how it compares to the old but it looks interesting.

Have finished reading it, and am certainly happy to see a few mods to kill team to get it back and happening. Could be time for me to break out the old board sections, and get the game a little dusted off...

But the terrain article is VERY interesting. Especially making it up as 40mm squares rather than the smaller old style. (and genestealers are going to fit better as well, not having their arms flowing over the sides of the squares as much)

Gameplay wise, I havent had a chance to test it out, but it looks like a similar style of game. Although I HAD forgotten about the timed movement in the game.

Now where did I put edition 1.... Ahhhh, there it is, with the lovely dark angel terminator in all black. Pre-deathwing creation. Am just going to have to use that lovely hybrid with the conversion beamer again. Cant help myself.

I hope you all enjoy this revisit as much as I am going to....

Hopefully my fiance is not going to mind the terrain building I am going to do over this long weekend. Just in time for the Queens B'day long weekend. Great Stuff.
(And yes, it is true the Queens b'day is in April, but our public holiday was set for King George, they just renamed it when the Queen was crowned, dont you just love Oz and its long weekends!)

Inquis. Jaeger
08-06-2005, 02:08
The Space Hulk article is ACE! Really good stuff in there, especially the free board sections. Is it me, or are the US Studio really raising the bar with this free content? Not only are they putting the UK Studio to shame web-wise, they also appear to have a sense of fun and cameraderie, that used to be present in the UK, but one sees it with less and less incidence.

Lady Bastet
08-06-2005, 03:04
Would be far happier about it were I a fan of the new Genestealers, they are terrible

P.S. Kree

malika
08-06-2005, 03:27
Quit the StarGate spam!

Lady Bastet
08-06-2005, 03:32
It is one line after my actual post, the new Genestealers are dire. My post is more useful to this thread than yours. I can end MY posts with any word I wish provided it does not violate the forum rules.

Pathetic!

Brimstone
08-06-2005, 06:32
I'd watch the flaming if I was you.

If you wish to end your posts with anything that's what the sig is for.

Lord Balor
08-06-2005, 06:59
Hmm looking through that Space Hulk article, and idea springs to mind...Space Crusade! A few Extra modifications, multiple players and allowing you to field practically anything as the enemy (Chaos Termies, Genestealers,Necrons, etc). So many ideas, so many possibilities!

Thanks for that article link Brim, i've been seriously looking for a project to kill time will holidays rapidly approaching :D

Tyra_Nid
08-06-2005, 08:40
Thanks for that article link Brim, i've been seriously looking for a project to kill time will holidays rapidly approaching :D

I think that a set of this needs to be made up for MWM. Get the boards printed out nicely and stuck onto plasticard sheet.

What would be a good way to protect the paper?

New Cult King
08-06-2005, 08:51
I think you can laminate up to a certain thickness. I used to work in a copy shop, but that was a few years ago now, so I can't remember... besides, technology has probably moved on since then ;)

I like the terrain article too. This has sorely tempted me to put together some of my old metal termies and plastic genestealers and have a game :D

Lord Balor
08-06-2005, 09:02
I think that a set of this needs to be made up for MWM. Get the boards printed out nicely and stuck onto plasticard sheet.

What would be a good way to protect the paper?

I should be able to get the cards laminated alright, but the problem lies in printing as i'm afraid my old bubblejet just won't do the job. Come to think of it, i'm in sore need of plasticard as well.

It seems Balor needs to go on a shopping excursion in the quest for perfect supplies!

Tyra_Nid
08-06-2005, 10:00
Plasticard:
Branchline, 490 Dorset Road, Croydon.
(03) 9723 1211

Good idea to call in first, see if the have some before making the trek. Usually do, but Ive been a couple of times only to find theyve run out :(.

In regards to printing, Ive only got a B&W printer (strange, since my dad works for Ricoh/Upstream/Print Solutions, all printer and photocopier places). I think it would be worth getting them printed properly- maybe at uni somewhere?

Dais
08-06-2005, 13:27
ive tried to get this hobby tip out there as much as i can: use plastic for sale signs as cheap plasticard. they are about a buck fifty at walmart.
i love how the BG team keeps coming up with great uses for the kill team rules and how they like to bring back ideas that the developers long since killed off. how long til theres a BG article on how to convert your own squats and a free mini-codex? ..ok that one may be a streatch but hey, zoats return in two issues.

dancingmonkey
08-06-2005, 13:57
Black Gobbo is reall y great isnt it. You ever notice how the UK team manage to steal all the articles about 3 weeks after the mag comes out, despite promising new content each week....

The US site has so much more going for it, shame really.

And hooray for the return (sort of) of Space Hulk

aznsk8s87
09-06-2005, 01:49
get some wood and a hacksaw :evilgrin:

Typheron
09-06-2005, 10:46
neat, new school space hulk. As ive still got my entire old school space hulk boxed game sitting in the top of one of my cupboards i think ill give it a try using the old boards.

assuming i can find someone to play as the 'stealers.

Scythe
09-06-2005, 11:13
Cool, very nice article indeed.

Altough I've never played genestealer in the old days (before my gaming time I'm afraid) I managed to get a copy of the rules format as used back then. I only missed the floor tiles. However, these are in the article, quite sweet.

Thanks for the link Brim.

Lab Monkey
09-06-2005, 17:12
Is it a game that can be played many times? I'm thinking of buying a box of termies and make (yes make) my friend buy a box of 'stealers. :p

my ogres'll have to wait.. this is the time for big guys clad in steel! :angel:

imthedci
09-06-2005, 18:13
Now if only the Genestealers were coming out before the end of the month :cries: :cries: :cries: 21 days remaining..... :(

twisted_mentat
10-06-2005, 04:53
If i had the space hulk rules, i could play, as i have every counter, section of board, plus all the psyhic powers cards and stuff like that...

just missing the basic rules, and the genestealer and deathwing ones as well...

Tyra_Nid
10-06-2005, 05:31
I believe you can get the actual rules online. Do a google?

TomKamakazi
10-06-2005, 09:22
I believe you can get the actual rules online. Do a google?

I've looked on Kazzar for space hulk rules before (seeing as it's out of print)... never even thought that they'd just be out there on a website...

I may be printing out those floor tiles and sticking them on plasticard this long weekend too

@Lord Balor & Tyra_Nid
By the way, if you're in Melbourne City you can get plasticard (sheet styreen) at the RMIT union shop, it's a better art suply store than most others I've been to, and it may save you going out to Croydon depending where you are.

EDIT: to protect the inocent

Tyra_Nid
10-06-2005, 13:10
By the way, if you're in Melbourne City you can get plasticard (sheet styreen) at the RMIT union shop, it's a better art suply store than most others I've been to, and it may save you going out to Croydon depending where you are.

Thanks for the hint, but im an Eastern Suburbs boy, Croydons closer :).
WHich RMIT is it at, and how much is the card?

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 13:35
W00t, I still have the first Space-hulk in box :)

Although I never why the Emperors finest would be thrown into close quaters with a flood of Genestealers....

Lord Balor
10-06-2005, 13:35

Thanks for that Tom, i'll look into it as from where i'm located it could end up a much faster trip (Thats if i catch Public transport instead of driving through horroundeous traffic).

Scythe
10-06-2005, 16:05
Now if only the Genestealers were coming out before the end of the month 21 days remaining..... :(

You could always buy the battleforce of course..... ;)

Although I never why the Emperors finest would be thrown into close quaters with a flood of Genestealers....

Well, because it would be less fun to see a bunch of imperial guardsmen being slaughtered than a bunch of terminators in inches thick armour firing storm bolters as they are dragged down, would it?

MidnightResistance
10-06-2005, 16:21
Scythe, have you not seen ALIENS? :S

Scythe
10-06-2005, 16:31
Sure I have, but when thinking about 40k guardsmen you really don't get the feeling of the elite troopers seen in aliens....;)

Ka'agg
10-06-2005, 16:37
Let us not forget that the troops in Aliens "ARE" marines... ;)

I just did my gutters awhile ago, if BG was out then I would of picked up a little extra for some nasty spacehulk passage ways.... ::sigh::