PDA

View Full Version : did anyone notice

blitz589
08-06-2005, 00:55
Did anyone notice that on gamesworkshops site there is only one painted Dark eldar army, even on the UK one, but there are several differnt painted armies for other races.

Kargos Bloodspit
08-06-2005, 01:04
Did anyone notice that on gamesworkshops site there is only one painted Dark eldar army, even on the UK one, but there are several differnt painted armies for other races.

its not like its a big conspiracy or anything. They just want to divert attention to the races that are still in the stores, and not only online store/mail order.

Xisor
08-06-2005, 01:14
They *are* still in stores in the UK btw. I think it's more representative of how badly GW have supported them generally, not any particular conspiracy.

if only they'd made a decent effort with the '2nd Edition' DE Codex, the revamp....oh the possibilities...

Xisor

blitz589
08-06-2005, 01:19
there rules seem fine, but the models are pretty bad.

Kargos Bloodspit
08-06-2005, 01:23
They *are* still in stores in the UK btw. I think it's more representative of how badly GW have supported them generally, not any particular conspiracy.

if only they'd made a decent effort with the '2nd Edition' DE Codex, the revamp....oh the possibilities...

Xisor
really? i thought they'd booted them. I'm pretty sure I didn't see any when I was in GW Braehead last.

Darkness
08-06-2005, 07:13
I think this is a case of "Don't believe everything you read on Portent" ;)

DE are going to get a revamp in time, at the same time as Eldar. DE have not been scrapped and are to get new models, new rules, etc. - They are still available in all stores except for in the US where you have to mail order them instead.

Delicious Soy
08-06-2005, 07:20
DE are going to get a revamp in time, at the same time as Eldar. Not entirely accurate. The background and stylisation groundwork will be done at the same time as the Craftworld eldar (along with exodites and harlequins). This is so when they are released, they will match up to the other Eldar cultures.

zealousheretic
08-06-2005, 07:50
Support for the DE has been pretty anemic, though. Somewhat understandable: while I maintain that the current army list can be horrifyingly powerful in the hands of a very good player, it's also a difficult list to play.

In my experience, people try DE, get clobbered a few times, conclude that the list is bad, and switch armies; my local DE player's army changed hands 4-5 times before he got it.

Kargos Bloodspit
08-06-2005, 09:02
I think this is a case of "Don't believe everything you read on Portent" ;)

DE are going to get a revamp in time, at the same time as Eldar. DE have not been scrapped and are to get new models, new rules, etc. - They are still available in all stores except for in the US where you have to mail order them instead.

I knew they wern't kicked completely. However I was also aware of the fact that the US didn't have them in stores anymore. I didn't know that didn't extend to the UK. But my point still stands, seeing as the original thread maker will have been looking at the US Web Site.

" I think this is a case of "Don't take the word Booted too literally" ;)"

Styles
08-06-2005, 09:42
I find the dark eldar a powerful army to fight against, hope they get a good revamp. There just wasent enough fluff about them when they were released.

The Beast
08-06-2005, 13:41
I just hope that they can get some vehicles that are on par with the eldar's vehicles. That and fix talos. Redo all of the elites and I will make them my next army. Otherwise it's orks all the way for me next. I just love the jump pack guys and burna boys.

Darkness
08-06-2005, 13:44
Not entirely accurate. The background and stylisation groundwork will be done at the same time as the Craftworld eldar (along with exodites and harlequins). This is so when they are released, they will match up to the other Eldar cultures.

I stand corrected. Indeed, they said that Eldar and Dark Eldar would be tackled at the same time in the design stages, going back to the background and making sure it all fitted in, but of course that doesn't mean they would be released at the same time as each other, just would have been re-done at the same time. Although to have them be both released at the same time would be pretty awesome.

Kargos: ...I'm not even going to bother...

Brimstone
08-06-2005, 13:47
I really doubt they will be released at the same time, like Space Marines they will be spread out with codicies inbetween to extend the Eldar release schedule.

Darkness
08-06-2005, 15:42
Yeah, I can't see them being released at the same time, as that would prevent profits being made where they could have been made, if you get what I mean. In other words, release them over time, tempt people into wanting both rather than just the one. Not saying that GW is a "boo hoo hoo, they stole my money" company, just that it's the obvious thing to do.