PDA

View Full Version : EPIC BattleReport- SiegeMasters Vs Orks 1500pts

StugMeister
11-05-2006, 22:59
Hi guys,

Here's a battle report from a recent game of Epic:Armageddon I had versus BlackRabbit33's excellently painted Orks.

http://www.epic40k.co.uk/epicomms/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=6879;st=10

My brother had a game against the Orks after this one, I'm still working on that bat rep but once its done I'll post the link!!!:)

sigur
12-05-2006, 11:21
Thanks for the BatRep. You're really doing something for the rather small Epic-playing community here on Warseer.:)

StugMeister
12-05-2006, 13:02
Thanks for the BatRep. You're really doing something for the rather small Epic-playing community here on Warseer.:)

Cheers sigur!:)

I hope more peeps read the report. Epic is a fantastic game system and its such a shame that there aren't many other players out there.

So sigur, do you play Epic? Which army do you use?

sigur
13-05-2006, 13:23
Unfortunately no, there are about 2 Epic players in Austria and I wouldn't have ti time/money to support yet another tabletop army. Between gettnig annoyed by the way 40k functions, commission painting, WHFB armies, repainting 40k armies, playing WHFB, uni, social life, .... there's not really much time to play Epic. Sadly, because I'm interested in Epic since I got into GW games around the mid-90ies and especially since this WD (forgot the #, the one when they released the plastic Falcon kit), which introduced the Imperial Guard to Epic.

I read Epic: Armagedon as well as the NetEpic-rulebook a few times and even got a small contingent of Squats, like to see Epic miniatures online, your BatReps and stuff, but I don't think that I'll ever really play it.

orangesm
13-05-2006, 18:41
Stug excellent BatRep - I am currently working on finishing painting up my Titans - 6 total 4 Warhounds, 1 Reaver, 1 Warlord for 2500 pts! I will throw up a pic later today.

I would just like say to any other aspiring Tabletop General that Stug has demonstrated a key to large scale battles is not breaking the enemy army, but instead securing your objectives. Unlike WHFB or 40k, where the Tabletop Captains and Majors play, the objective tends to be the destruction of the enemy force, not actual objectives, like capturing bunkers or relics or breaking through the enemies lines.

StugMeister
13-05-2006, 22:59
I would just like say to any other aspiring Tabletop General that Stug has demonstrated a key to large scale battles is not breaking the enemy army, but instead securing your objectives. Unlike WHFB or 40k, where the Tabletop Captains and Majors play, the objective tends to be the destruction of the enemy force, not actual objectives, like capturing bunkers or relics or breaking through the enemies lines.

Cheers orangesm!

With Siegemasters its usually best to sit tight and then make counter-attacks when the enemy has broken themselves against your defence.

As you've said, Epic really is all about getting the objectives.