PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of Choice?

Icewalker
09-06-2005, 00:23
If you fought in the 41st millenium, what weapon (cc only plz) would you use? I'd probably use a Witchblade in conjunction with powerblades (on my knees and forearms), and have a tormenter helm.

Strikerkc
09-06-2005, 01:06
I voted "Other".

I would use a bayonet becuase it would be hooked to the front of my Bolt-Gun. :skull:

Cloudscape_online
09-06-2005, 01:06
Bayonet. Easy to produce, unlimited ammo, silenced, high durability, can be used in a non-lethal manner, can be used for chopping vegetables and meat. :cheese:

Cloudscape_online
09-06-2005, 01:07
Wow, striker RC, your post wasn't even there when I began to write the other post. Great minds think alike, huh? :D

Killgore
09-06-2005, 01:24
other.... got my trusty lasgun with rechargable power cell!

Strikerkc
09-06-2005, 01:27
other.... got my trusty lasgun with rechargable power cell!

He did say close combat weapon... But if you add a bayonet hooked to it your golden ;).

Master Fulgrim
09-06-2005, 01:43
Hm, i mustnt live in the 41st millenium to use a bayonet. I could just go into the next weapon- or huntersshop and buy one. So i would rather go for an nice, sharp force-axe. Of course delivered with the needed psionic abilities ;).

Master Fulgrim

susu.exp
09-06-2005, 01:49
I went with other. Rending claws would grace my arms, and scything talons... my other arms.

I am the great devourer.

Icewalker
09-06-2005, 02:07
So I see people like bayonets eh? Okay, that's cool. Having seen what you can do with a bayonet (I watched Glory; the movie about the 54th Massachusetts all black regiment) I think it's a good choice but the only problem is that the blade end isn't a powerblade so that may make it a little harder to kill guys with.

Strikerkc
09-06-2005, 02:08
I think it's a good choice but the only problem is that the blade end isn't a powerblade so that may make it a little harder to kill guys with.

If bayonet, or the bolter hooked to it, can't solve my problem then I don't want to be there. :cool:.

blitz589
09-06-2005, 02:11
id go for the brood lords power weapn rending claws

Icewalker
09-06-2005, 02:13
wow, lots of brood lord rendin claws. I thought that the idea of Witchblade and powerblades was cool. I guess I'm not that significant in this vote (yet).

Crux
09-06-2005, 02:21
I'd like a Warscythe (a real one, like the Pariahs have, the one with the built in Guass Blaster).

Sounds a bit better than a bayonet fixed to a bolter, methinks.

Strikerkc
09-06-2005, 02:31
Sounds a bit better than a bayonet fixed to a bolter, methinks.

*Looks down the barrel of his Bolt gun at a man charging across the field at him with a glowy sword*

*Calmly togles safety off*

*Takes Aim*

*Fires*

*Man with glowy sword elxplodes*

Just becuase your packing a warscyth doesn't mean you'll get to use it :evilgrin:.

Shas'o'Fior
09-06-2005, 05:51
well, since i wanted some heavier weaponry *coughbroadsidebattlesuitcough* i voted other. i'm pretty sure twin linked railguns are going to be quite difficult to get past with only a bolter and a bayonet. not forgetting the dual plasma guns.

if i cant get a suit, i'd go for a rail rifle(the pathfinder gun) works the same way, and has a long range

McGonigle
09-06-2005, 09:15
My weapon of choice:

A Pet Carnifex named Cuddles. (I am sure at one point it has been described as a walking weapon.)

If I cant go for that I want my opponent using a VERY faulty plamsa cannon

This is on the basis that I am NOT a trained warrior and would probaly screw up

Sai-Lauren
09-06-2005, 09:34
Other.
Specifically, a Harlequins Kiss :evilgrin:

Rövhalt
09-06-2005, 09:37
I would have a titan... with a bayonet fixed on the vulcan laser.

Yorkiebar
09-06-2005, 09:41
A suit of artificer armour. This is a weapon in itself, what with the extra strength and resilience it grants the user. Note artificer not terminator, as terminator armour cannot be made in a version that doesn't require the black carapace implant, and reduces mobility.

WLBjork
09-06-2005, 09:47
As a Space Wolf, I claim my trusty True-Grip Bolter and Frostblade.

gLOBS
09-06-2005, 10:42
I would have to say the barbed strangler from 2nd Ed. Even if it didn't kill you or blow up your tank it would wrap it up in tentacles ready for the 2nd shot. Plus I would have infinite ammo if I'm still alive.

And on the plus side I would have it feeding off me and I could then easily lose much needed weight heh. Man I have put too much thought in this one.

Sgt John Keel
09-06-2005, 10:52
Other.
Specifically, a Harlequins Kiss :evilgrin:

Aaah... nice one.

I'd quite enjoy some Digital Weapons too. And a C'Tan Phase Sword.

If we extend to ranged weapons, Deathspinners and Distort Cannons. They joys of shredding people... :evilgrin:

/Adrian

Wolflord Havoc
09-06-2005, 11:39
Frost Blade Of Course - I didn't fight my way through 3 centuries of warp spawn and xenos scum in the name of Russ, get voted by my Great Company to become their leader after the death of Wolf Lord Gunnar Iron Claw, to use a Bayonet!!! Oh No. I will keep my Kraken toothed Frost Blade Thank you.

Cloudscape_online
09-06-2005, 11:57
I cant help but notice that most people failed their perception test. Close combat weapons. Barbed stranglers and rail guns can't be used in Close Combat.

Icewalker
09-06-2005, 12:00
I cant help but notice that most people failed their perception test. Close combat weapons. Barbed stranglers and rail guns can't be used in Close Combat.
I was just about to point that out. I remember when I had posted this thread when I had had 20 spaces (at that time I was daemonhuntermoe) and I had all kinds of different close-combat weapons.

Gaebriel
09-06-2005, 12:00
Other - would always try to avoid close combat, because I'm lousy at that. Shooting requires much less bodily fitness... ;)

A Needle pistol then, that's all I'd want for self-defense.

Rövhalt
09-06-2005, 12:25
well, if your strong enough you could bash in some skulls with a railgun... not the most effective but still doable...

Eversor
09-06-2005, 12:34
A Daemon weapon. And I would fail my Ld test every turn ;)

Typheron
09-06-2005, 12:57
see the big chainsowrd thing that sits under the barrrels of some of the titans guns, id have that...

...being more resonable i would like to weild a power axe and inferno pistol, Dante style but without the garish armour.

theres something classy and nasty about an axe over a sword.

Ouroboros
09-06-2005, 12:58
The staff of light is the only one there that can shoot at stuff so I'll take that since I don't like dieing and this cuts the chances of that from utterly certain to pretty damn likely.

Getz
09-06-2005, 13:27
I'd be packing my patented running shoes. there's no way I'm getting into HtH...

Incidentally, don't you think grouping the Power Fist and Power Sword together a little stupid, seeing as they are very differnt weapons indeed, both in terms of rules and style...

Delicious Soy
09-06-2005, 13:38
I choose other, specifically, mechandrites. I would use these to access fire control and sort things out from the luxury of a Battlecruiser. Or simply attack someone with 6 appendages.

Thud
09-06-2005, 14:41
A daemon weapon called Bob.

Bob would be my bestest friend in the whole universe. :)

Lady Bastet
09-06-2005, 15:41
C'tan phase sword could be a lot of fun, realistically it should be able to cut through anything.

A suit of artificer armour. This is a weapon in itself, what with the extra strength and resilience it grants the user. Note artificer not terminator, as terminator armour cannot be made in a version that doesn't require the black carapace implant, and reduces mobility.
How exactly do the Ordo Malleus Inquisitors wear Terminator Armour then?

I am pretty certain there is a non black carapace version as I have never read anywhere of Inquisitors getting a Space Marine implant.

grizzly ruin
09-06-2005, 16:17
How could lightning claws not make it onto a list like this?

The staff of light is the only one there that can shoot at stuff so I'll take that since I don't like dieing and this cuts the chances of that from utterly certain to pretty damn likely.

That's what Wind of Chaos and Daemonic Aura are for! :p

edit: As much as I love Chaos, I had to vote Nemesis Force Weapon.

Makes me stronger and can kill my foes outright.

And no LD test.

Anvils Hammer
09-06-2005, 16:48
a smallish tau plasma carbine with an 2 foot long force/power/ctan conversion field generating bayonet.

yeah!!

Commander X
09-06-2005, 16:54
I'd go for the Deamon Weapon. Not only do I have a dozen choices on what to use against you, the trapped deamon will mean I outnumber you 2 to 1 :p

The pestilent 1
09-06-2005, 16:55

a blackstone fortress... with spiky bits :evilgrin:

id have a manreaper myself, in the form of one of those war-blades that the ushabti wield. (specificly this (http://uk.games-workshop.com/store/tkushabti/) one -on the far right)
seeing as im already described as a champion of nurgle, i may aswell.
(mainly for my manich depression, utter contempt for society and general resistance to the debilitating effects of illness)

Strikerkc
09-06-2005, 17:05

Ack! Curses! Why didn't I think of that.

Lostanddamned
09-06-2005, 17:27
Gauntlets of Ultramar

c'mon they are the 2nd best (beaten by ravens talons)

Cthulu
09-06-2005, 17:41
Following the guide lines of this thread, being close combat weapons (and not doing some lame thing like having a bayonet to a bolter, just to get the bolter etc.)

I would choose Drach'nyen. Assuming i have the same measure of control over it Abaddon has

6th and Final Champion
09-06-2005, 17:54
Nemesis force weapon. To see my psycic energy rip my foes asudner....Plus I like the sound of them...

Kelroth
09-06-2005, 20:25
A Punisher, just because. :p

MidnightResistance
09-06-2005, 20:30
I chose 'other'

see my sig

Captain Brown
09-06-2005, 21:06
Following the guide lines of this thread, being close combat weapons (and not doing some lame thing like having a bayonet to a bolter, just to get the bolter etc.)

Following said rules I will choose (other):

Biting Social Commentary...

See here (http://www.deadgentlemen.com/) for more details (and watch some of the trailers).

Artemis_Quinn
09-06-2005, 21:17
Well I was compelled to choose the nemesis force weapon. Not because it looks cool, or because it is really powerful, or even because I would imagine some kind of extended reach for it being a one-handed halberd might be in order.

But because then I would be a grey knight. And if it counted as a force weapon then not only would I be a grey knight, I'd be a grey knights Grand master (as if, but this is MY fantasy :p ). I would be the leader of a force against chaos, the ultimate honorable and good guy (not to mention I'd have terminator armor and a storm bolter strapped to my other arm with the true grit rules :D )

Dakkagor
09-06-2005, 21:23
Choppa.

Two of em, with rippy edges. And ofcourse, actually being an ork with it.

Dakkagor smash!

Bork
09-06-2005, 22:52
I´d second Dakkagors choppa if not for the rippy edges I´d appreciate thirtyish likeminded friends around me similary armed.
´ere we go! ´ere we go! ´ere we go!

Thinking less like an ork and more lika a weedy human, anything whitin lasgun range IS close combat. As such I prefer more civilised warfare, the kind being conducted with battlecannons. :evilgrin:

x-esiv-4c
09-06-2005, 23:01
A good old Necromunda pattern Lasgun for me. Out of ammo? Lob the cell into a fire, that'll do it.

Ass Goblin
09-06-2005, 23:48
I would like a powerfist. I'd never had trouble opening pickle jars ever again :) Also because there isn't much a powerfist can't kill.

predatorsown
10-06-2005, 00:55
Other, being the wrong end of a ripper gun for myself.

Sons of Russ
10-06-2005, 01:47
nothing like the satisfaction you get from seeing the look of utter horror on your enemies face as your screeching chainsword goes into overdrive and he can hear/feel/smell it cutting through the bones in his shoulder as you pop bolt pistol rounds into his guts.....

oh yes...the horror....the horror

yea, that'll be one for BP/chainsword.... :angel:

AngelofSorrow
10-06-2005, 06:20
Nemesis Force weapon since i did name a GKGM after myself

Brother Pepe
10-06-2005, 15:06
I've always liked Nova cannons. Anything smaller may require me to put down my cup of tea. I like the ability to reach out and touch some body and an earth shaker cannon just doesn't go far enough.

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 15:09
Can someone elaborate more on the Nova-cannon? Is it an energy based weapon? Plasma or what? Any sources of fluff on it?

Brother Pepe
10-06-2005, 15:17
NOVA CANNON
A nova cannon is a huge weapon, normally
mounted in the prow of a ship so that the recoil it
generates can be compensated for by the vessel’s
engines. It fires a projectile at incredible velocity,
using graviometric impellers to accelerate it to
close to light speed. The projectile implodes at a
preset distance after firing, unleashing a force
more potent than a dozen plasma bombs.

chaospig
10-06-2005, 17:00
i would have to say a thunder hammer with a power sword or a lightning claw, that equals one large combat oriented tank disrupting, people killing dude.
plus the squishy sond when you hit people with the hammer:P

Nurglitch_PS
10-06-2005, 17:10
The entrenching tool :]

Burnthem
10-06-2005, 20:40
A chainsword and bolt pistol, theres nothing quite as appealing as a 4 foot long screaming chainsaw, the noise, the exhaust fumes....perfect.....;)

Flame Boy
10-06-2005, 21:19
If you can walk into a bar and challenge anyone to an arm-wrestle, and then everyone coughs and stares at the bottom of thier pint glasses, then you know you voted powerfist. ;)

C'mon, when you want to reach out and crush-erm.. I mean touch someone, then it's the perfect tool for the job. As an added bonus, your friends can give you the affectionate nickname fiddler crab. :D

You can also ask for "a handful" of something and get more than everyone else...

Who hasn't wanted to leave 4ft knuckle prints in something at some point? It sounds like fun to me.

Plus, whenever you go to a concert you can pretend to be one of those people that bought one of those great big foam hands, only your one actually works...

Oh, and the final one... You can do rude hand gestures with a power fist to annoy people... :p

The Black Aquila
10-06-2005, 22:09
A good old Power Sabre with a Chainsword in the other hand :evilgrin:

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 22:10
in retrospect, an assault cannon would be a good choice....Or perhaps a conversion beam projector.

Antaeus
10-06-2005, 22:39
Chainsword and pistol: namely a Plasma pistol and a very good pair of gloves... Nothing quite like making a complete and utter mess of your enemy with the ol' chainsword. And as Striker says, anything that doesn't go down after me unloading a clip of Plasma bolts or smacking it with a Chainsword, I'd rather be somewhere else :)

Kohhna
10-06-2005, 23:50
I went for deamon weapon, specifically the Berzerker Glaive, for a big Whirling, roaring mad weapon of death. Pho-Yeah!

jimbo034
11-06-2005, 00:25
other.

kroot gun if i want to be exceedingly violent or long stick so i could poke the button to fire the planet killers main gun,

Lord of ???
11-06-2005, 00:54
I'ld go for the Man Reaper

All the Cool looks of the Grim Reaper mixed with a breath that'll kill most people who can draw line of sight to you.

I know sounds like a lot of people we already know with in our community minus the Man Reaper and looking like the Grim Reaper bits.

jesters89
11-06-2005, 00:59
I dont understand-- as some have mentioned before, where are the lightning claws? Because we arent supposed to be packing any heat in this little scenario, I'd go with dual master-crafted lighting claws.

Even if I'm not a trained soldier, give me a enough rerolls and eventually luck will take the wheel. Right?

Delicious Soy
11-06-2005, 06:39
The entrenching tool :]Catch a man under his chin with this, it'll take his head clean off!

gLOBS
11-06-2005, 08:44
Man every time I used my E-tool I had to hold myself back from swinging at everyone who came near me. It just screams murder to you.

Isuran Greifenherz
11-06-2005, 10:16
They coolest weapon i think is farsights sword.

Zechs
11-06-2005, 12:31
A good old Thunder Hammer :evilgrin: , or a sword (power or chain) with a bolt pistol.

This is maybe a stupid question, but what kind of weapon is a punisher?

Hideous Loon
11-06-2005, 14:39
A Whip of Pleasure. Why? Because.

marineowar
11-06-2005, 15:48
I voted Deamon weapon. Specifically, a Plague Sword (it is a deamon weapon right?) Cause the Force Sword just doesn't cut it for me.

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 15:57
A plague sword is not a daemon weapon. It doesn't require a LD check.

jesters89
11-06-2005, 16:12
Bonding Knife. So we can all just get along.

Jonathan =I=
11-06-2005, 16:35
Gore child

Nuf said

This is maybe a stupid question, but what kind of weapon is a punisher?

Its long and leather and has a buckle :D