PDA

View Full Version : Online Card Maker

EldritchGamer
21-12-2012, 13:52
I've been working away at an on-line tool to create extra cards for Warhammer Quest and HeroQuest. The basic idea is that you can fill out a bunch of text fields, change an image, see your changes in a preview pane, and hit a button that exports the results to a PDF file.

You can find the tool here: http://imperialvault.co.uk/DeckSmith/EditCard.html. Give it a whirl in Internet Explorer 9, Google Chrome, or Firefox if you can, as older versions of Internet Explorer may not behave.

At the moment, you can see the changes made to the card fronts in the preview pane, change the card background for some cards, pick item/monster images from a small built-in library, select/move/resize/rotate elements and export the results. There are a few types of card available to create, including Dungeon cards, Event (E) cards, Monster Event cards (M) and HeroQuest item cards.

Its early days, so there are a couple of pretty important features missing - most notably, the ability to change the card back to different types.

If anybody knows any good resources to plunder for card fronts/backs and item art, or has some original art they can contribute, then that will really help.

So: would anybody use this, and how? What would you like added? What types of card would be useful?

In theory, it should be possible to create Warrior Counters, Adventure Record Sheets with character portraits, character cards for home-brew Warriors, equipment cards, spell cards...

Cheers,

Eldritch

P.S. Sorry to those I play PBEM games with - I'll be back soon, I promise!

Inandantia
22-12-2012, 11:22
Excellent resource, thanks for sharing!

EldritchGamer
23-12-2012, 23:35
No problem, I've plundered much from the web for both Warhammer Quest and software development in general. Feel free to post your creations on the Vault or anywhere else we can see them!

Daemonslave
24-12-2012, 00:36
Don't suppose you have an online random monster generator that is editable? Would love one of those

nedius
24-12-2012, 10:10
Hi - just tried it out.

It didn't work in my IE9, but it did work in FireFox.

Can you upload your own images?

HereBeDragons
24-12-2012, 12:28
Sadly 'export' doesn't seem to work on Safari. Very nice piece of work though!

EldritchGamer
03-01-2013, 15:59
I have updated the tool: http://imperialvault.co.uk/DeckSmith/EditCard.html

Improvements include being able to pick the card back image, and more choices of images for some card templates.
The image picker has been improved to render images at sensible sizes.
The export button should now work again.

I plan on producing more card templates next, improving the quality of the images in the exported PDF, and saving the your card in a format that can be opened and edited at a later date.

Let me know what you think, and post any cards you produce with the tool!

Cheers

EldritchGamer
03-01-2013, 16:03
Don't suppose you have an online random monster generator that is editable? Would love one of those
Sorry, no! But an excellent idea. Maybe one day...

Can you upload your own images?
Not yet - but I really want to add this when some more of the basics have been sorted out. As well as being able to pick images from the Imperial Vault, PhotoBucket, Flickr etc as well, when I get time

Sadly 'export' doesn't seem to work on Safari. Very nice piece of work though!
The export button should be fixed now.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

toonboy78
03-01-2013, 18:56
nice generator.

i have seen this one before:

http://www.mymessedupmind.co.uk/index.php/create-your-own-dungeon-card

it works quite well.