PDA

View Full Version : Carnage/warseer tourney rules

jigplums
23-05-2006, 12:26
can anyone provide a linkt to the rules used for 40k carnage tourneys and the warseer tourney. I believe they are the same?

McMullet
23-05-2006, 13:03
Hi,

The rules for Carnage aren't up on the site at the moment (or if they are I can't find them), however they'll most likely be a bit different for next year's tournament anyway. I'm sure Lavfluris will be able to fill you in with such information as has been finalised when he's online.

Is there anything specific you need to know?

Fallen Angel
23-05-2006, 14:03
can anyone provide a linkt to the rules used for 40k carnage tourneys and the warseer tourney. I believe they are the same?

Argh get out of my head!! I was trying to find the exact same thing last night!!

From what i remember from a v. drunken weekend, it was normal GT missions (omega and gamma), but the painting was different. Something like based, detailed, squad markings, conversions for the points. Then sportsmanship points. Hope that helps.

jigplums
23-05-2006, 16:48
oh i was looking for a tourney pack i looked at that had a different way of doing the missions. each player rolled 2 d6 and looked at the roll on a table to find out what their objectives where and what special rules to use. So both players could have vastly different objectives. Also both players needed to have 2 themed objective markers. Basically it looked like an interesting way to play a few games, and i had it downloaded but new laptop means no longer have the file :(

I'm running a campaign and thought it might give me some ideas for missions etc. Having already done 12 missions i'm looking for inspiration

Great Harlequin
23-05-2006, 18:36
This was the most recent Rules' Pack - though this could change vastly for the next one. I felt it was pretty darned good; I only had a couple of issues with it, but I'm just petty. ;)

stormtrooper154
24-05-2006, 05:20
From what i remember from a v. drunken weekend, it was normal GT missions (omega and gamma), but the painting was different. Something like based, detailed, squad markings, conversions for the points. Then sportsmanship points. Hope that helps.

Yeah, it was a good weekend but I felt cheated out of points for painting - as a Tyranid player, I dont have squad markings (as they are animals) and thus didnt get the points :mad:

Brimstone
24-05-2006, 06:00
Yeah, it was a good weekend but I felt cheated out of points for painting - as a Tyranid player, I dont have squad markings (as they are animals) and thus didnt get the points :mad:

Well I've played Tyranids before and had no problems getting the points for squad marking.
For example my Hormagaunts have flocked bases however they mounted on 2p coins for stability and these are left unflocked and painted different colours to show the various squads i.e. brown, dark green and light green.

If you don't want to do that then use marking on the carapace to distinquish them.

There are plenty of ways of doing it.

cookiescrumble
24-05-2006, 07:59
Yeh carnage was very good this year, the rules pack will probably change.