PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Big game tomorrow.

OgreDan
13-03-2013, 15:26
Hi,

I have what may be my last decent sized game with my High Elves under the current rules tomorrow (assuming the rumours are true).

I'm playing against Vampire Counts, which will be brining a killy vampire, coven throne, maybe a dragon, varghulf, black coach, grave guard horde, black knights.

I've been running various versions of this list for some time now and would love some CC/feedback as I try to use the same list against all opponents, but I only ever really play against O&G or sometimes VC.

Prince on dragon - 621 Points
Prince , Halberd, Vambraces of Defence, Armour of Caledor, The Other Trickster's Shard, Star Dragon.

BSB on eagle - 206 Points
Noble, BSB, Sword of Might, Helm of Fortune, Heavy Armour, Shield , Great Eagle.

Mage (High Magic) - 120 Points
Level One Mage, Dispel Scroll.

Mage (High Magic) - 140 Points
Level One Mage, Annulian Crystal.

LSG - 285 Points
20 Lothern Sea Guard, Shields, Bows, Spears, Hand Weapons, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame.

Archers - 225 Points
20 Archers, Musician.

Archers - 115 Points
10 Archers, Musician.

White Lions - 505 Points
30 White Lions, Full Command, Lion Standard.

swordmasters - 183 Points
10 Swordmasters, Musician, Blademaster, Amulet of Light.

2 Great Eagles - 100 Points

2500 on the nose, 625 in core, 50 bows, 4 spells thanks to drain magic.
If anyone can figure out a better build for the prince id love to hear it, str 5 isnt ideal.

Thanks!

Kahadras
16-03-2013, 01:59
I'd probably go for dropping the Other Trickster's Shard and take a great weapon over a halbard for the Prince

I'd probably put the BSB on foot with the Seaguard. Give him a great weapon rather than the Sword of Might.

I'd boost both Mages to level 2. I'd give one the Seerstaff and use Lore of Beasts to gurantee Wildform and Amber Spear. I'd give the other one the Silver Wand to boost the ammount of spells he has at his disposal.

Core is fine.

I'd give the White Lions the Banner of Sorcery to improve your magic phase.

The rest of the army looks OK but I'd be be worried about the Swordmasters getting shot to pieces before they can do anything.

Kahadras

Nightmare84
18-03-2013, 14:50
Shot by?? Only banshees and terrorgeists while they can be mean can't do anything but kill them.

Kahadras
18-03-2013, 21:09
Shot by?? Only banshees and terrorgeists while they can be mean can't do anything but kill them.

Sorry I tend to use 'shot' to refer to any ranged attacks. That includes spells such as Gaze of Nagash.

Kahadras