PDA

View Full Version : Daemons of Nurgle - 1500 points

Metacarpi
13-03-2013, 15:29
Hi guys, I've got a game coming up against Bretonnia - first game using the new Daemons armybook! My old army was mixed god, but very Nurgle heavy at 2,500, so for 1,500 I'm going completely Nurgle!

Here's what I've got:

Lords:

Nothing

0 points (0%)

Heroes:

Epidemius

Herald of Nurgle, Level 1 Wizard, Lesser Locus of Virulence

365 points (24.3%)

Core:

40 Plaguebearers, Full Command, Standard of Discipline

575 points (38.3%)

Special:

3 Beasts of Nurgle

5 Nurgling Swarms

380 points (25.3%)

Rare:

3 Plague Drones, 3 Plague Proboscis

180 points (12%)

I've just noticed that I'm over the 25% threshold for Special choices by a measly 0.3%, other than that - what changes would you recommend?

hamsterwheel
13-03-2013, 15:52
Special can be up to 50% of total points so you're fine. I've read that many Epidemius lists will be including a Nurgle Soulgrinder to up the Tally as fast as possible with the stone thrower upgrade.

Mullitron
13-03-2013, 15:57
Where were you planning on putting Epidermius? If it was in the unit of plague bearers with the herald than there's no point in taking the locus of virulence on the herald as Epidermius already has it.

Its a nice list tho Personally I would drop Epidermius replace him with a prince with mon, lvl 2 chaos armour and a lesser gift. You could drop the level 1 on your herald and a few swarms to cover the extra cost.

Metacarpi
13-03-2013, 16:19
Special can be up to 50% of total points so you're fine. I've read that many Epidemius lists will be including a Nurgle Soulgrinder to up the Tally as fast as possible with the stone thrower upgrade.

I've got a Soulgrinder, and at highpoints I intend to do exactly that, but at 305 (I think) including upgrade, I can't find the space for him in the list.

Where were you planning on putting Epidermius? If it was in the unit of plague bearers with the herald than there's no point in taking the locus of virulence on the herald as Epidermius already has it.

Its a nice list tho Personally I would drop Epidermius replace him with a prince with mon, lvl 2 chaos armour and a lesser gift. You could drop the level 1 on your herald and a few swarms to cover the extra cost.

With the previous book I deployed Epidemius on his own behind hard cover, and made sure I had some strong units on my flanks to help defend him against warmachine hunters. I basically just hid him out of the way, and only use him for the Tally effects. It's served me well so far.

I might have a look into including a DP though, I painted up a Nurgle DP not that long ago, so it'd be good to give him some table time!

selecta
13-03-2013, 21:31
you would be better off having 2 units of 20 plaguebearers with fc.

Fateswarning
17-03-2013, 04:08
I think my plague bearers would fit in beautifully with your army ;) I always wanted a daemon army, but I was already fully invested in beastmen and skaven. I used these plague bearers as part of 25% allies when they were allowed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171008782130?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649