PDA

View Full Version : Nother dual prince list, Nurgle/khorne with dash of tzeentch

KUMA
14-03-2013, 07:04
Here is the list:

Lords
daemon prince of nurgle with chaos armor
daemon prince of nurgle with chaos armor
Heroes:
Herald of nurgle, fecundity, BSB
Core
35 plague bearers FC
10 horrors w banner
Special:
3 beasts of nurgle
1 beast of nurgle
5 nurgle furies
5 nurgle furies
3 blood crushers w banner
3 blood crushers w banner
Rare:
skullcannon of khorne
skullcannon of khorne

Any thoughts on how to improve?

thanks

selecta
14-03-2013, 08:24
Drop the furies and go for nurglings and always scout them. How many points are you playing? I quite sure you only need one dp not two. I pefer using greater daemons because I think dp is not worth it once you do all the upgrades you need.

you might want to change that horror unit to a unit of daemonettes.

Kalandros
14-03-2013, 08:32
Drop both Chaos Armours, makes you weak to Metal magic and doesn't do much for you honestly, except maybe against skinks, I can grant you that. Give Flight to one of them instead.

ellerki
14-03-2013, 09:11
drop one of the lord choices and furies and get more beasts. Also you should remember than Rare and lords (25% each max) of total points, special (50%) you should check that. instead of having two daemon princes why not get a Greater deamon

KUMA
14-03-2013, 18:39
This is a 2400 list, so Im good on both fronts as far as percentages. I decided on two cheap DP lords to have as many threats as possible on the board, double charges with them will be quite devastating, especially if I can get my playful beast in there.
I am hesitant to drop the furies, as they are going to be able to clog up the other player's field. I dont think a 4+ as is going to make me particularly vulnerable to metal magic either.
As far as nurglings go, its a possibility, I am looking to get a few atm.

yeknoMehT
20-03-2013, 16:10
Drop both Chaos Armours, makes you weak to Metal magic and doesn't do much for you honestly, except maybe against skinks, I can grant you that. Give Flight to one of them instead.

I don't know about the weakness to metal magic. If my opponent has taken metal against daemons, I will be trying not to grin like an idiot.

Sure their spells are wounding the DP on 4s rather than not at all (but still get the ward save anyway), but almost everything else in the army is practically immune to most of their spells (plague of rust? on my bloodletters? oh no, my 6+ save is gone!). On the other hand, plenty of other lores of magic have spells that inflict hits with S3-5 which the armour helps against. Sure for the points on the two DPs you could get about 3 plaguebearers, but I don't think its much to worry about unless you really really need those extra points for something.

Even so, not sure about two princes in one list - agreed it can make for some unfortunate double charges (which can avoid getting one bogged down in a challenge and failing to overcome static CR). I'd have to say that a single level 1 wizard (the horrors) at 2400 will likely be a very uncomfortable place to be. Maybe try and fit in at least a level onto one of the DPs (perhaps whichever one isn't the general), or get the herald one. Or, as has been suggested go for a greater daemon - a GUO at level 3/4 with a gift or two would cost around the same amount, and he isn't that much slower - but T7 really, really helps him over the DPs, even with their chaos armour.

ellerki
21-03-2013, 07:21
Can I suggest give one DP a mark of TZ and the wand of whimsy since it gives you a extra power/dispel dice on a 5+ and +1 Strength and attack. All for a mere 35 points. Heralds are quite rubbish in my opinion, waste of good points! Metal magic would be silly to use against daemons since most of the magic doesn't affect us because we are too cool for armor saves. Furies i've never really rated them but it is useful to have a flyer to go hunting for cannon crews. Also 1 beast might not last very long

selecta
21-03-2013, 09:12
I would get that 1 beast of Nurgle to join the unit of 3 to make it 4.