PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen Army Composition question

Fateswarning
15-03-2013, 04:03
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

naloth
15-03-2013, 07:18
Your army needs expansion, but there's nothing wrong with what you have. Smallish blocks of ungors work as both ambushers (you need one for normal placement for each to ambush) and as mage bunkers. ~50 ungors wouldn't be hard to use. I typically take 40ish gors in a horde and 30+ bestigors in a horde, so if anything you need a few more of each. Hounds are good chaff/redirectors/warmachine harrassers and are cheap. Two units of 5-6 are a staple of most armies.

The only unit I probably wouldn't use is the spawn and only because they are slow relative to the rest of the army. They aren't bad if you can get them in position, but with an average move of 7 (with an army that marches 10+) they will often fall behind. I've proxied mine as individual Razorgors since for the same cost Razorgors hit harder and move much faster (M7, swiftstride).

You have an abundance of Lords (probably will only use 2 at a time) and could use with a lvl2 and a BSB not to mention current rulebooks.

Fateswarning
16-03-2013, 03:35
Thanks! I removed the spawn. What about the chariots? Do you think most people would want those.

naloth
17-03-2013, 13:33
Thanks! I removed the spawn. What about the chariots? Do you think most people would want those.

I use chariots a bit and have had mixed luck with them. Being both core and fairly inexpensive, they aren't bad choices but their value is impact hits. You'll need to have support lined up to use them effectively.