PDA

View Full Version : Characters in units not able to rally

reddevil18
16-03-2013, 20:08
Had an interesting thing come up in my game yesterday and was wondering if we played it right or how it should be played if we didnt.

a unit of 9 iron guts and 3 Characters are in the same unit and charged by 35 sword masters, over a combat or two all the iron guts are gone and 1 of the Characters leaving two Characters needing a double 1 for break, fail and flee. Now we get confused, there is a rule stating that a unit can not rally if it has less then 25% of its starting number on anything but double ones. would these 2 fleeing characters then not be able to rally even tho the "unit" of iron guts is completely gone?

Page refs to back up your answers if possible show i can show my friend if we played it wrong :)

kefkah
16-03-2013, 20:26
They can rally. When the unit of ironguts are gone, the two characters have "become" a new unit consisting of two characters.

Page 24, Rallying Fleeing units. If the unit is at less then 25 % of its starting size, double ones.

then the page of characters being able to join a unit with other characters, think thats page 99.

Cant do better then that for reference, im sorry, but basically the whole unit of Ironguts is now dead, and you have a new unit of the two characters. That unit is not less then 25 % of its starting size (since that unit, the ironguts, is dead and was a diffrent unit) so you take a regular test.

For me to accept reasoning like this, then i would have to likewise accept that the ironguts dont give away VP untill the two characters are dead, since if they still have to count as a irongut unit then all rules for that would still apply.

Iraf
16-03-2013, 21:20
It's in the current FAQ that they become a unit of characters and thus can rally.

Iraf
16-03-2013, 21:21
Double post.

reddevil18
17-03-2013, 01:33
It's in the current FAQ that they become a unit of characters and thus can rally.

I cant find it :( can you tell me where it is please

Iraf
17-03-2013, 01:42
Page 10 of the Warhammer Rulebook 1.7

Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed, any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6" (including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit has been destroyed.

reddevil18
17-03-2013, 02:00
Page 10 of the Warhammer Rulebook 1.7

Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed, any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6" (including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit has been destroyed.

Awesome thank you :D