PDA

View Full Version : 1000 mok

zielonkak
17-03-2013, 02:45
1000 pt khorne army list....what does everyone think?

Daemon prince, MOK, charmed shield

14 chaos warriors, MOK, Halbreds, fc

5 forsaken, MOK

5 maurader horsemen, MOK, spears

5 hounds

3 skullcrushers, ensorcelled weapons

1000 pts on the nose. Thinking about dropping a warrior and the marauders for a second unit of forsaken. Comments are most appreciated.

ftayl5
17-03-2013, 03:19
Drop the prince. You can't legally get him the protection he needs so I'd just forget about even trying. He has nothing but a 5++ and T5 isn't so brilliant. Cannons will love him, even handgunners and crossbowmen will be able to take him down. As will skinks, most archers with a bit of luck could get in a wound too.

So I'd drop him for a hero who you can kit out to not die easily and be almost as killy. Sword of Might , Enchanted Shield and MoK for example less than 150pts and throws out 5 S6 attacks, has a 2+ save and can sit in a unit. Add dawnstone for added protection (though I wouldn't bother)

Marauder horsemen do better with flails. That way if you mess up and get charged you still have a strength bonus and a better strength bonus in fact.
The hounds benefit well from the vanguard upgrade. I'd use the 90pts left at this stage to get 2 more forsaken, 2 more warriors of khorne, give them the gleaming pennant (very useful when you have no bsb) and get your hero the potion of foolhardiness.

zielonkak
17-03-2013, 03:36
Prince is too cool not to use. He has a charmed shield for cannons and he will be in combat the rest of game ideally. I'm leaning more twords dropping marauders and a warrior for more forsaken

Moss
17-03-2013, 04:30
If you're set on the units you're using already, I also would swap the spears for flails on the horsemen. Dropping two warriors will give you the points for that, plus a sixth forsaken.

ftayl5
17-03-2013, 10:09
Prince is too cool not to use. He has a charmed shield for cannons and he will be in combat the rest of game ideally. I'm leaning more twords dropping marauders and a warrior for more forsaken

He's only movement 8 and with no magic defence it would be no challenge for many lores to reduce that further. The charmed shield only protects against the first hit, so anyone can shoot 1 arrow at him and as long as it hits, the effect is gone and the cannons go right through him.

But if you really wan to use him then fair enough, he is pretty badass.

Moss's suggestions are spot on really.
Would definitely not drop the marauders for more forsaken. Forsaken are quite average. Really rather expensive for what they do. 1 small unit is plenty.

zielonkak
17-03-2013, 13:44
Yea I'm thinking I'm gonna stay with prince. Everything else is up for tweeking. I'm not the biggest fan of horsemen but I figured they keep with hit fast and hard theme. I'm not sure if cutting warriors down will help me. Should I just consider dropping them for something else? My core is almost filled, should I try knights or a chimera or ogres even?