PDA

View Full Version : Raise dead and stuff in the way

scoutbike
18-03-2013, 14:48
What happens if you want to raise dead but there is something now in the way where the rest of your unit would have been previously?

Specifically this came up when a unit of zombies my hydra was in combat with, became the target of a raise dead spell, but my shades were now 1" directly behind the remaining zombies.
What would happen? Can you just not do it? do you move the enemy unit? the friendly unit?
Would you have to just add them to the edges instead of the back? But if that's the case, what happens in my situation where the unit is in combat and they arent allowed a reform?

furrie
18-03-2013, 15:04
I believe the spell says that if you can't place the models, you don't get them.

Luigi
18-03-2013, 15:13
I believe the spell says that if you can't place the models, you don't get them.
which makes me wonder if it were possible to develop a tactic with numerous small and cheap units to specifically prevent the raising strategy from happening

GotrekFan
18-03-2013, 17:54
which makes me wonder if it were possible to develop a tactic with numerous small and cheap units to specifically prevent the raising strategy from happening

It is totally possible and a viable tactic, although I would wonder if it would be worth your while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T10
18-03-2013, 19:30
What happens if you want to raise dead but there is something now in the way where the rest of your unit would have been previously?

Your original unit footprint does not matter: You work with what's on the table. This means you don't get to move other units away to make room for your new models.

-T10