PDA

View Full Version : Helm of many eyes

Piercefierce
18-03-2013, 22:31
Does the helm of many eyes replace chaos armour? I would assume it doesn't. Is there a rule in the brb that covers helmets? Otherwise I see no reason why this wouldn't replace his chaos armour and improve his nothing save to a 6+. I don't think this is rai. Again I don't have my rule book and this may already be covered. I know there are a couple helmets in the book just can't be sure right now if they replace armour or not. Or if they are even armour...

Makaber
18-03-2013, 22:38
I'll try to answer this without even owning the book, which is a bit of a futile exercise but hey. Kills time?

Usually, helmets are classified as Magical Armour and grand a +1 armour save bonus in addition to some funky effect. I am not sure if this is the case for the Helm of Many Eyes, but if it isn't (as your post would lead me to believe) then it could be because they don't want Chaos Heroes to have an even better armour save than the already outstanding one they come with.

However, if I remember correctly, the Helm of Many Eyes was an enchanted item in the past, and not armour. If this is still the case, then that explains it neatly. Which category of magic item is it?

I can pretty much guarantee you it doesn't replace Chaos Armour, though. It's either +1 to the save, or nothing at all.

BattleofLund
18-03-2013, 22:56
Usually, helmets are classified as Magical Armour and grand a +1 armour save bonus in addition to some funky effect. I am not sure if this is the case for the Helm of Many Eyes, but if it isn't (as your post would lead me to believe) then it could be because they don't want Chaos Heroes to have an even better armour save than the already outstanding one they come with.

However, if I remember correctly, the Helm of Many Eyes was an enchanted item in the past, and not armour. If this is still the case, then that explains it neatly. Which category of magic item is it?

I can pretty much guarantee you it doesn't replace Chaos Armour, though. It's either +1 to the save, or nothing at all.

BRB Magic Armour helmets all share the wording 'the wearer counts his armour save as being one point higher than normal', exactly the same as the Helm of Many Eyes. HoME is now Magic Armour.

And no, a (magic) Helmet does not replace a (mundane) suit-type armour. It would have to have 'light/heavy armour' in its description for that.

Piercefierce
18-03-2013, 23:17
Cheers guys. I assumed it was meant to stack. btw are the helmets in the book pieces of armour? i forget. Also Where does it say in the rule book that helmets don't replace armour? I was under the impression that all magic armour replaced mundane unless it says otherwise in the description. What makes you say it needs to say heavy or light (or be the same type of armour if you will). I know shields have a ruling but not sure about helmets.

BattleofLund
18-03-2013, 23:27
Also Where does it say in the rule book that helmets don't replace armour? I was under the impression that all magic armour replaced mundane unless it says otherwise in the description. What makes you say it needs to say heavy or light (or be the same type of armour if you will). I know shields have a ruling but not sure about helmets.

BRB p502, under 'Magic Armour' there are two bullet points. The first one says 'A model can only have one suit of armour and one shield, so if you give a model a magical suit of armour or a magical shield, it replaces any mundane equivalent already worn by the model.'

Piercefierce
19-03-2013, 00:04
There it is. Thanks for that. I was making an army on army builder and one the millions of bugs that thing has stung me lol. It was replacing my chaos armour. I didn't have my rule book. Thanks guys. Btw while I'm on the subject can anyone else use special characters on army builder for warriors of chaos. Every other army shows them except warriors.

Mr_Rose
19-03-2013, 01:35
Lone wolf development hosts forums in which you can report bugs to the data file authors, should you not wish to email them directly using he "contact author" option in the AB help menu. If you have found a bug, you're probably better off reporting it there, assuming it hasn't been reported already, or wasn't noted in the release notes for the version you downloaded.