PDA

View Full Version : 2800 Nurgle WoC lists. 2 of them

Iraf
18-03-2013, 23:09
Hello, I have 2 WoC lists that I'm leaning towards and was hoping for a bit of input on which people like better.

List 1:

Daemon Prince General, Nurgle, Level 4 [Nurgle], Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Scaled Skin, Flaming Breath, Soul Feeder, Charmed Shield

Exalted Hero BSB, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Ironcurse Icon

Sorcerer, Level 2 [Fire], Dispel Scroll

17 Warriors of Chaos, Nurgle, Full Command, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame

17 Warriors of Chaos, Nurgle, Full Command, Shields

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Chosen, Nurgle, Halberds, Champion & Standard

Chaos Warshrine

Gorebeast Chariot, Nurgle

Gorebeast Chariot, Nurgle

6 Chaos Trolls

Hellcannon

List 2:

Daemon Prince General, Nurgle, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Charmed Shield, Scaled Skin, Soulfeeder

Daemon Prince Nurgle, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Enchanted Shield, Warrior Bane

Exalted Hero BSB, Nurgle, Ironcurse Icon, Halberd

Sorcerer Nurgle, Level 2 [Nurgle], Dispel Scroll

17 Warriors Nurgle, Full Command, Shields

17 Warriors Nurgle, Full Command, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

Warshrine Nurgle

Gorebeast Chariot Nurgle

6 Trolls

Hellcannon

ftayl5
18-03-2013, 23:59
1 is more competitive with the level 4 vs only a level 2.
List 2 would be pretty fun though.

Why the min sized units of chosen? Seem like a big liability to me. Even with the chance to roll more EoTG's I would prefer one unit. 5 will very easily be reduced or totally killed by shooting or magic and in combat they would have to hit flanks to have any chance of surviving. In which case I would consider forsaken for the extra movement, more bodies per unit too as they're cheaper.
I'd put them all in one unit of 15. Which would also save 40pts spent on champion and standard upgrades.
At any rate having a standard in each unit seems like a waste.
Solid otherwise.

Iraf
19-03-2013, 00:16
I think the chosen are a great support unit in the new ruleset. That's the main reason for the 3 MSU units of them. Being able to choose your buff after deployment has been a great advantage in the 3 games ive played so far. They are extremely resilient and hard to destroy, even with units of 5 ive only lost 1 full unit in those 3 games. Although 3 games is hardly a test.

The only real reasons for the standards in the Chosen are the guaranteed combat bonus and the Blood and Glory advantages.

Iraf
19-03-2013, 00:29
I'm a bit worried of whether the trolls will be a hindrance to the Generals movement. I was contemplating taking them out and adding a 2nd Hellcannon.

Lord Solar Plexus
19-03-2013, 10:18
Not necessarily. Of course a flying monster that wants to get into the thick of the action right away trends towards leaving everyone behind but when you consider that Trolls can run 12" and you have another 12" radius from IP, that covers a lot of ground. It's probably not wise to fly 20" to the left and run the Trolls 12" to the right but in general, that shouldn't be necessary to start with.

Iraf
19-03-2013, 14:01
Not necessarily. Of course a flying monster that wants to get into the thick of the action right away trends towards leaving everyone behind but when you consider that Trolls can run 12" and you have another 12" radius from IP, that covers a lot of ground. It's probably not wise to fly 20" to the left and run the Trolls 12" to the right but in general, that shouldn't be necessary to start with.

Good points. I was hoping to keep them in the army, as they seem to supply a vital roll that the army lacks otherwise. Something that can get through high Armor saves.