PDA

View Full Version : Flames of Azgorh

Vipoid
19-03-2013, 00:32
The Flames of Azgorh spell forces the model under the template-hole to pass a toughness test at -2, or be removed from play with no saves of any kind.

Is this -2 to toughness, or -2 to the roll?

Piercefierce
19-03-2013, 02:20
Good question. As I read it. -2 to the roll. Not the toughness itself.

Glen_Savet
19-03-2013, 05:29
I think they mean the same thing in game terms. But it looks like -2 to the roll to me as well.

Kalandros
19-03-2013, 09:37
It should be to the Toughness, because a roll at -2 if you're T5+ cannot be failed? Unless you take that to mean it adds 2 to the roll, because it goes upward to fail instead of downward.
The spell is ridiculous good though even without the center hole effect.

Anyway, I've always read it as -2T (T6 = T4 for the test) and don't know why it would be done any other way.

Piercefierce
19-03-2013, 10:20
Hey Vipoid, just curious, why did this question come up?

Vipoid
19-03-2013, 11:40
Hey Vipoid, just curious, why did this question come up?

Because yesterday one of my friends wanted to give Chaos Dwarves a try.

At one point, he cast this spell, and I asked to read what it did (so I could decide whether or not to try and dispel it). When I saw this rule, I was genuinely curious as to whether the -2 was the the model's toughness or to the roll. Personally, I read it as -2 to the roll, but everyone else said that it had to mean -2 toughness, otherwise it would be pointless.

Anyway, the central hole didn't hit anything important, but I thought I'd ask just in case it does in future.

mistrmoon
19-03-2013, 20:38
Hmmm I never even considered this before but you're right, it's kinda ambiguous. I would ASSUME it is -2T, because it would seem rather useless otherwise, and considering the power of other doom spells and the fact that characters get a look out sir it seems appropriate.