PDA

View Full Version : Who exactly is going to the UK GT?

Pages : [1] 2

cookiescrumble
24-05-2006, 09:35
Just to get an idea of which warseerers will be at the UK GT and which heat they will be going to. Also what armies will you be taking.

To get the ball rolling:

I will be going to heat 1 (hopefully) and will probably be taking Witch Hunters. I'll post a link when i start.

Feel free also to post piccies of your GT armies, and links to any threads concerning it so that all can see the armies going.

Fallen Angel
24-05-2006, 09:45
I'll probably be going to Heat 1 with either eldar air cav or mech tau, depending on whether i knick my mates army or not. Should also drag a long a fair few of the Flame On lot with me so look out for the red t-shirts!! Ill put some pics up of my eldar when i actually can find the time to take pictures and actually finish some of it.

From other threads it does sound like Heat 1 is going to be the warseer heat.

Col.Gravis
24-05-2006, 20:40
Possibly Heat 1, cant be sure yet though cause of work :P

If I'm there it'll be the Praet's, you'll find me beneath a Pith Helmet as usual lol

Insane Psychopath
24-05-2006, 21:21
Heat 1 for me & other fellow Glaswigon (sp?) (Glasgow) lot. Be around 9 of us.

I will be taken my trustful Chaos Space Marines

Feel free also to post piccies of your GT armies, and links to any threads concerning it so that all can see the armies going.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ironwarriors/insane%20psycopath/SargsquadI.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ironwarriors/insane%20psycopath/Trooper.jpg

Sorry for the white around the photos, my mistake when I was trying to take away some exsess background.

IP

tristessa
24-05-2006, 21:33
Possibly Heat 1, cant be sure yet though cause of work :P

If I'm there it'll be the Praet's, you'll find me beneath a Pith Helmet as usual lol

I'll be going with this guy, so whatever heat he can make.

jigplums
24-05-2006, 21:35
i'll be there Probably heat 2, or maybe three and of course the finals :)

Konrad_Curze II
24-05-2006, 23:11
ill be going to heat 1 hopefully with my orks:skull: :skull: :skull:
if not prolly my deathwing as thats the only other decent army i got...

Danger Rat
25-05-2006, 09:17
I will be going to heat 1 with a mostly infantry tau army and heat 2 for wfb with my dwarfs.

Great Harlequin
25-05-2006, 16:02
I should be attending Heat One with, hopefully, my Iron Warriors' force which I am currently building. I'll probably start a project log at some point so it'll pressurize me to actually paint them...

If not I'll be making a Vanilla Eldar army out of my Ulthwe force. Thankfully I didn't go overboard on the traditional Ulthwe units, so I can salvage a working Eldar army out of them quite easily if need be. But, I'd much rather field my Iron Warriors...

Crazed_monkey
25-05-2006, 17:19
Heat 1 for me & other fellow Glaswigon (sp?) (Glasgow) lot. Be around 9 of us.

IP

I'm not actually going, maybe another year but I'd just like to correct Insane psycho. Its glaswegians.

Thank you,

lee
25-05-2006, 17:21
im going to get my ass kicked:D and have a good time

lonepilgrim
25-05-2006, 17:35
I'm planning on going to heat 1 with my 'Black Legion'

Here are some pics:

http://www.lonepilgrim.co.uk/images/Lord1.jpg

http://www.lonepilgrim.co.uk/images/Raptors2.jpg

http://www.lonepilgrim.co.uk/images/Oblit5.jpg

http://www.lonepilgrim.co.uk/images/dread1.jpg

Never been to a GT before and really looking forward to it (nervous too!)

WanderingRogue
26-05-2006, 08:22
im going to heat one- taking the trusty Alpha Lgion unless the witch hunters force is finnished in time.

Orbital
26-05-2006, 08:45
WanderingRogue: I think scams like the one in your .sig are against the policy of forum usage.

Great Harlequin
30-05-2006, 11:06
Most of my army is assembled, bar my commanders, as I'm still waiting for bitz to arrive from Mail Order.

Looking forward to it, despite the new system for GT's!

WanderingRogue, how are your Sisters doing so far?

Insane Psychopath
30-05-2006, 11:28
30-05-2006 12:06
Great Harlequin
Most of my army is assembled, bar my commanders, as I'm still waiting for bitz to arrive from Mail Order.

Same here, I am waiting on my Urban base kit to come by post in oirder to finish what left of my army. As well as a few Trades (Lav you being one them) for a spare Chaos Marine... I had a few points left over & only way was a Spare Marine no idear what squad he will join????

But I still got

2x Havocs
1x Troop (spare CSM)
1x Oblit
1x Autocannon trooper

All my loot counter had been finish.

In a hour time I will be testing out my new list, see how that gose.

So how is everone else army getting on????

Looking forward to it, despite the new system for GT's!

I think it should be alright with the new system, I'm trying it before judgeing.

IP

WanderingRogue
30-05-2006, 16:26
@GH - Well there going ok suppose - all together and a lovely shade of red. This list is being a pain though - its a sister horde but cant figure weather to have and inquis + assasin or a second sepephim unit. Playtesting is at a min due to work.

The alpha legion may go just to make sure i get to the final then take the sister for a laugh. After carnage (and specifically vs you) i realised i needed "somthing" so i dropped the bikes and stuck in a second plasma squad and brought two rhinos for "mobile cover" to make up for gt's sparse boards.

Lavs L.o.g.g still happening for heat one does anyone know?

Great Harlequin
30-05-2006, 20:00
I had a few points left over & only way was a Spare Marine no idear what squad he will join????
I assume all of your other squads are even numbers already? If not, put him in one of those, and preferably a Havoc squad over a Tactical squad. But, I reckon you've probably covered these two hurdles, so I'd stick him in the squad where an extra body might be suitable - for instance, you may want to use an Infiltrating squad as a meatshield or a distraction.

I think it should be alright with the new system, I'm trying it before judgeing.

Tis one of the main reasons I want to come to the first Heat, so I can give a full analysis of the new system to those who are a little apprehensive of coming this year due to the new changes.

@GH - Well there going ok suppose - all together and a lovely shade of red. This list is being a pain though - its a sister horde but cant figure weather to have and inquis + assasin or a second sepephim unit. Playtesting is at a min due to work.
Don't suppose you could share the list - I might be able to give some pointers(?) But, I understand if you want to keep it private.

The red sounds good, my Dad painted his up like that; the army remains incomplete as after he painted his second and final Excorsist he lost inspiration to paint any more red. He'll have a crack at them at a later date though, I hope he does anyway, as they're looking pretty sweet. :cool:

The alpha legion may go just to make sure i get to the final then take the sister for a laugh. After carnage (and specifically vs you) i realised i needed "somthing" so i dropped the bikes and stuck in a second plasma squad and brought two rhinos for "mobile cover" to make up for gt's sparse boards.
Sounds decent - the Bikers can be good, but in certain situations they simply aren't. At a tournament you really need a versatile unit for all occasions, so things like the Plasma/Chump wielding Power Fist Infiltrating squad are ideal.

Be interested to see how the Rhino's do in playtesting. I've never used mobile cover myself, but that's mainly due to me using a lot of terrain. And given that your army is fairly static and infantry motivated, cover is required a lot more.

I think so, but Lav's changed his mind as to what army he is using due to time problems. I think he's currently doing up a Black Legion force.

All the very bestest,

Lavfluris
30-05-2006, 23:28
I will at Heat One with Heero-Severus and Horton. Sadly, the Alpha Legion army I was making is going to take longer than I thought, so I've gone for an easier Black Legion army to assemble, paint and use.

Lavs L.o.g.g still happening for heat one does anyone know?Yep, I sent you a bloody PM about it yesterday. :p

As for the L.o.G.G.'s members, it's me, WanderingRogue, Christian, Heero-Severus and (sadly) Horton. Expect to see us in our bowling shirts and big bushy beards. ;)

stormtrooper154
30-05-2006, 23:45
I too will be going for the first time this year. I will be using a tough marine army to fight fire with fire and see if I can qualify, and if I can then the tyranids may come out.

Fallen Angel
31-05-2006, 09:05
Expect to see us in our bowling shirts and big bushy beards. ;)

Oh dear.....

Lavfluris
31-05-2006, 10:03
WanderingRogue: I think scams like the one in your .sig are against the policy of forum usage.Well, it that is the case, then Crube has also been breaking 'forum policy' for a year now.

Last I heard, posting in a thread about someone's signature, which contributes nothing to the discussion, was also against 'forum policy'. The PM function is there for a reason. :eyebrows:

Oh dear.....I forgot to mention the cigars and glasses of port. Yes indeed, the League of Gentlemanly Gamers will be there in the highest of spirits. :D

cookiescrumble
31-05-2006, 10:07
After much consideration i'm going to take my guard.

Insane Psychopath
31-05-2006, 11:25
31-05-2006 11:07
cookiescrumble
After much consideration i'm going to take my guard.

Would this be the Strom Trooper army I seen on the army list part or is this another Guard company you will be useing???

Also on model note, my urban base kit arrive (yeah) so should have the army done by end of next week.

IP

Fallen Angel
31-05-2006, 12:01
hmm i think i need to get cracking with painting my army really!!

cookiescrumble
31-05-2006, 12:28
Would this be the Strom Trooper army I seen on the army list part or is this another Guard company you will be useing???

At the moment it is the stormtrooper army, but with me i could easily change my mind.

I will probably do an urban guard army, getting the urban basing kits for it which are like so cool.

cookiescrumble
31-05-2006, 12:35
I will at Heat One with Heero-Severus and Horton.

Ohh dear, Horton at the GT. :D

Brother Edwin
31-05-2006, 21:10
The great one (AKA me) will be attending with Tau. However not sure of which heat. And yes I will be signing autographs.

cookiescrumble
01-06-2006, 12:36
Why is deciding an army do hard?

Heres some guard piccies which is the army i'll probably be taking.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Drop%20Troops/DSCF0028.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Drop%20Troops/DSCF0025.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Drop%20Troops/DSCF0039.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Imperial%20Guard/Stubbers.jpg

cookiescrumble
01-06-2006, 12:51
Hey, im going to heat 1 of the GT and im taking word bearers.

LemonPotato
01-06-2006, 12:54
Hey, im going to heat 1 of the GT and im taking word bearers.

LOL used brothers account by mistake to post this, it is me the lemonpotato who will be taking word bearers :D

WanderingRogue
01-06-2006, 17:46
@ lav
Yep, I sent you a bloody PM about it yesterday.

yea sos, i keep diving on to the forums when i get 5 mins, too bloody busy :( , i keep missing things in my haste. sorry ;)

@ GH

i'll pm you the two proto lists (or whack em on the list forum) soon. But again i need 5 mins to call my own first.

Though eldar all scorpion themed list is v tempting (with scorpion looking wraith stuff and vehciles) for finals (its that extar point for best army thats doing it ), must resist.......

Laters bambino's

Great Harlequin
01-06-2006, 20:57
Expect to see us in our bowling shirts and big bushy beards. ;)
Great... do I have to grow a beard as well? ;)

The great one (AKA me) will be attending with Tau. However not sure of which heat.
Yes, I'm going to play count the Hammerheads this year. A prize to the Heat that gets the most!

i'll pm you the two proto lists (or whack em on the list forum) soon. But again i need 5 mins to call my own first.
That's fine. Looking forward to it. :)

Though eldar all scorpion themed list is v tempting (with scorpion looking wraith stuff and vehciles) for finals (its that extar point for best army thats doing it ), must resist.......
It wouldn't be an all Scorpion force, as you can't take Biel-Tan anymore, but it's a nice idea. Though, by the finals, Craftworld rules may be back in use.

All the very bestest,

Fallen Angel
01-06-2006, 21:08
Yes, I'm going to play count the Hammerheads this year. A prize to the Heat that gets the most!

I see your Hammerhead count and raise you an obliterator count. See if i can count more obliterators than ppl in the hall!!

Great Harlequin
01-06-2006, 21:09
I see your Hammerhead count and raise you an obliterator count. See if i can count more obliterators than ppl in the hall!!
Ha!

I'll raise you a Tornado count, pal. ;)

Beat that!

Fallen Angel
01-06-2006, 21:49
Ha!

I'll raise you a Tornado count, pal. ;)

Beat that!

Zing think you got me there.....ha what about crisis suits? i might have 10 with me......

Prophaniti
01-06-2006, 22:08
What? With 8 as O'Shovah and bodyguard, Spookeh style? :D

I wonder what the krootox count will be?

Fallen Angel
01-06-2006, 22:33
What? With 8 as O'Shovah and bodyguard, Spookeh style? :D

I wonder what the krootox count will be?

lol no, but it'd be Spookeh's army though!!

I reckon someone would have krootox....nah what am i saying!! Itd be like seeing IWs without obliterators....

Col.Gravis
02-06-2006, 00:21
How about playing 'count the disgruntled Ulthwe players'? I bet they'll be as many of those as there are non-Chaos, Marine & Tau players put together :P

cookiescrumble
02-06-2006, 08:07
Feel free to post lists here, also how is everyone getting on with their armies.

I haven't even decided what i'm taking yet.

Insane Psychopath
02-06-2006, 09:36
02-06-2006 09:07
cookiescrumble
Feel free to post lists here, also how is everyone getting on with their armies.

Just four models away. I have 2x normal Troopers, heavy weapons & a new converted Oblit. I need to wait on some part from Lav in order to make the troopers.

The new Urban base kit really working well.

Also got my Lot counters made.

Gaming front, it going ok but I've still to get full use to my new list & I think the +1T to my HQ was a wise chose (last time Guards kill him... mean they have to wound him on 6is now (evil laught)).

I am really looking forward to Heat 1 & just look forward to the games, the food, the drink & of course those hot girls who work that Bugman bar during event time :angel: So should be a good laught.

Also to note, you "might" be able to pre-buy the new Eldar stuff since it should be out by then.

So four models away, it no bother as I plan it'll get done by end of next week depend on stuff. I also got a full 3 & a half month off.

IP

Great Harlequin
02-06-2006, 10:13
Zing think you got me there.....ha what about crisis suits? i might have 10 with me......
Knew I'd forgotten something! :p

I reckon that could be quite close, tell you what, if there are more Crisis Suits than Tornadoes I'll pester my Dad to get you a drink. ;)

How about playing 'count the disgruntled Ulthwe players'?
One over here, already!

And my Ulthwe army wasn't that nasty either; it could hold its own but I avoided going to certain extreme lengths.

Progress wise for my Iron Warriors - I'm still awaiting some bitx for my Command figures, but once they're done I can start undercoating.

I've recently been gametesting my army (proxy figures for my Commanders... I know! It's shameful!), and my first two games I've come out with two minor victories. First against Ulthwe, and the second against an Eldar Air Cavalry force (scrapped the victory by 31 points! :eek: ).

I'm pleased with its performance, but I need to get used to it after my Eldar, as it's a lot more static. People say it's easy to pick up an Iron Warriors' force and do well, but you'd be surprised; I've found myself making a couple of mistakes that could have cost me dearly, had I not recognised them at the last moment. I don't think you can just pick up an army and do extremely well with it, you need practice.

Fallen Angel
02-06-2006, 10:18
Knew I'd forgotten something! :p

I reckon that could be quite close, tell you what, if there are more Crisis Suits than Tornadoes I'll pester my Dad to get you a drink. ;)

Ha deal, consider it vice versa as well!!

Im not rly sure what army im taking. Originally i planned to take my eldar air cav but they don't tend to kill very much so i might just take Spookeh's tau if he doesnt mind lending me it....lol.

cookiescrumble
02-06-2006, 10:32
I think i am gonna work on this list that Lav wrote. Maybe a few tweaks here and there, maybe dropping the stormtrooper squads to 6 men and taking extra armour off sentinels. This will give me some points to work with, maybe a infantry squad with a lascannon.

Or take some improved comms for the pesky escalation but this is not too much of a problem becuase of the platoon.

Lavfluris
02-06-2006, 18:58
Ha deal, consider it vice versa as well!!You need your Dad to buy drinks? I thought you and Richard looked similar, now I know why. ;)

In other news, assembly of my Black Legion army is going well. I should have just over 1000pts assembled by the end of next week, so it should not be long before I can start preparing.

cookiescrumble
03-06-2006, 20:45
I got some stormtroopers and a sentinel finished.

Insane Psychopath
03-06-2006, 21:00
03-06-2006 21:45
cookiescrumble
I got some stormtroopers and a sentinel finished.

Same here, I been getting most of my Chaos Marines painted &/or converted today. I have A Obliterator left, Autocannon guy & 2 troopers left... & I got a new idear for converting a Plasma gunner :rolleyes:

Also new Urban base kit really is worth it & really fit in with the siege style that IWs go for :D

IP

squigsnok
03-06-2006, 22:39
I'll be there, with my shiney new chaos army. That is if it ever gets finished. I currently own 6 daemonettes (there will be 24...) but i have a plan, of sorts, to get it finished. Pics to follow when I have anything painted worth posting up. Heat 2 for me, as I need the extra painting time...

Brother Edwin
03-06-2006, 23:20
Actually even effectivness wise I would be useing 2 hammerheads and 2 brordsides if I had the modals. But alas I have already bought 3 hammerheads so will use them.

cookiescrumble
04-06-2006, 09:18
I got a guardsman done this morning.

lee
04-06-2006, 09:26
twentey assault marines all done
chaplin done
two land speeders done
some marines done:D

Lavfluris
04-06-2006, 09:29
One Obliterator to assemble today and then I have to add a lot of modelling putty to all three of them. Then next week I'll be assembling two Predators and possibly the Daemon Prince. And the the week after that, I just need to assemble twelve Noise Marines and I'm done.

I'll also be posting a thread today with my progress so far.

cookiescrumble
04-06-2006, 16:27
Why is thinking of an army so hard? Thinking of night lords or alpha legion now...

EDIT: Sod it, Iron Warriors here I come.

Lavfluris
04-06-2006, 23:54
Heat 2 for me, as I need the extra painting time...No, you are going to Heat One, otherwise me and Insane Psychopath will not be able to see the work our encouragements have produced. ;)

Although I did manage to finish the third and final Obliterator, I ran out of time to post my new thread, so that will go up tomorrow evening.

cookiescrumble
05-06-2006, 05:54
Whatever army i decide on, i'll pick up the stuff when i'm in Brighton.

LeeJerrum
05-06-2006, 06:21
Blood Angels for me guys. Probably Heat 2, oh and i've almost finish the first 5 marines power armour...

Lee

Insane Psychopath
05-06-2006, 06:59
05-06-2006 00:54
Lavfluris

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigsnok
Heat 2 for me, as I need the extra painting time...

No, you are going to Heat One, otherwise me and Insane Psychopath will not be able to see the work our encouragements have produced.

Yep Squig think of the hard work me & Lav been putting into you.

Also Lav who the girl on your Avatar?????????

cookiescrumble
Why is thinking of an army so hard? Thinking of night lords or alpha legion now...

EDIT: Sod it, Iron Warriors here I come.

Well done CC (evil laughter) :evilgrin:

IP

Lavfluris
05-06-2006, 07:24
Also Lav who the girl on your Avatar?????????That would be telling. ;)

My thread is now up. You can fint it here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38127).

Insane Psychopath
05-06-2006, 07:28
Lavfluris Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Psychopath
Also Lav who the girl on your Avatar?????????

That would be telling.

Damn you

My thread is now up. You can fint it here.

Hurraaa :D

So how everone finding there army gaming wise??? my new list only been tested for A week, but it done alright.

IP

cookiescrumble
05-06-2006, 11:19
Started a thread, no army yet though. Base building at the moment.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38147

Think i am gonna go for the iron warriors.

squigsnok
05-06-2006, 15:36
No, you are going to Heat One, otherwise me and Insane Psychopath will not be able to see the work our encouragements have produced

Yep Squig think of the hard work me & Lav been putting into you.

Seriously, I would love to go to Heat 1. Unfortunately me and the guys are plagued by real-world problems too. Like uni. And employment. Heat 2 is just the easier option for all concerned. That, and it gives me another few weeks to paint the army. Considering I havent done the big forgeworld order, or even got the glue out yet I need all the time I can.

Just to keep you posted though, I do now own 6 models, and they'll be getting cleaned up and assembled today. And if I gain access to a digican, I'll be posting pics as well. You lucky lucky people.

Course, if you want to see the fruits of your encouragement, you'll just have to come to heat 2 wont you? :D

Insane Psychopath
07-06-2006, 07:04
Well, Lav trade came yesterday & I bought myself some Chaos marine parts to finish my army & it should be ALL painted by the ned of this week :eek: :D

Gaming front been ok, still need to get use to my army other wise it will do fine as long as I fouces

IP

cookiescrumble
07-06-2006, 07:40
I still haven't decided on an army :eek:

LemonPotato
07-06-2006, 11:25
Just put all of the armies that you are considering into a hat and pick one out at random, it is either this or you are posting a totally new army list for a totally new army every day! :eek:

On another note I am going to be starting a thread soon following the construction of my word bearers.

cookiescrumble
07-06-2006, 11:57
LOL! :D Might have to do that, was thinking of marines last night :rolleyes: ...

squigsnok
07-06-2006, 13:50
Just roll a dice for it. The trick is, that if one result comes up and you think "ok" then you get that army, if you think "actually, I wish X had come up", then you know that deep down you want the other army and you should get that.

Course, you could just save yourself a whole lot of time and buy orks... :D

cookiescrumble
07-06-2006, 14:49
Course, you could just save yourself a whole lot of time and buy orks... :D

Already have an ork army :D .

LemonPotato
07-06-2006, 15:57
then why not take these to the GT?

it seems like a very simple solution to your problem.

squigsnok
07-06-2006, 16:05
I think he wants a new army.

Course, a new ORK army is always the way forward. I know thats next on my list after the chaos...

cookiescrumble
07-06-2006, 17:42
Thats the one squig.

Insane Psychopath
10-06-2006, 15:28
Well that me found (by trade) the Plastic RT chaos Autocannon I needed. So one that come, my army should be full done for the UK GT with planty of time.

My chosen list seem to do ok & now I can happly let my GT army have a month of R&R... this is so I can try out another army I have, go Mech Strom Troopers.

Also less than a mount until ticket go on sale & the Limited Ed Marine gose on sale as well.

cookiescrumble: Have you chosen a finial army????

Great Harlequin
10-06-2006, 16:02
cookiescrumble: Have you chosen a finial army????
I believe he's doing Crimson Fists. Check out his thread in the Project Logs.

I'm doing fairly well with my army so far (proxying the Commanders still), as you can see from the gaming record in my sig. I really need those bitz so I can have everything built and sprayed before the Summer Holidays where I can just get down to buisness and paint.

Lavfluris
10-06-2006, 19:56
I haven't as yet played a game as I am still assembling the army (to my tactical advantage). ;)

Konrad_Curze II
10-06-2006, 21:09
i still need to buy a few more things to hav my army finished but ive used orks for a while so i know how they work mostly

cookiescrumble
11-06-2006, 06:48
Yeh, doing crimson fists

Heres a linky (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38147). Also link in my sig.

lee
11-06-2006, 16:28
what not going to change your mind paul:D so whats in the army then

Insane Psychopath
11-06-2006, 16:47
cookiescrumble
Yeh, doing crimson fists

Now are you really sure... want phone a friend, go 50/50, ask the memeber of this site ;)

My army almost there, just a few models get done tonight & I should get an old School Plastic Chaos Autocannon for my last heavy weapon trooper. Very happy with how this army is turning out. Also I might be fighting in a MEGA battle for Medusa V... just a BIG plan my GW got... but need to wait & see. Be good for my Chaos Marines :D

IP

cookiescrumble
11-06-2006, 18:40
Now are you really sure... want phone a friend, go 50/50, ask the memeber of this site ;)

I'll take all 3!!!

Anyway want nobody saying how cool other armies are.

what not going to change your mind paul:D so whats in the army then

Why are you asking me, I don't know!

lee
11-06-2006, 20:29
:eyebrows: what you dont know whats in your army strange

cookiescrumble
11-06-2006, 20:43
Just haven't decided yet...

lee
11-06-2006, 20:52
so not going to be fists then;)

andy10k
12-06-2006, 15:09
If i end up being able to go ill be at heat 2 or 3, with the usual nid army....

...If i paint it by then >.< lots of pinning to do.

ninjahamster
12-06-2006, 16:05
Think i'm gonna be goinf to Heat 1 - I have *no* idea about what to take,

I fancy taking my genestealer cult, but I doubt it'll be ready in time, plus it's hardly competative and I'd like to qualify this year (failed the past 3 years by ~3pts each time)

Maybe Pods

Insane Psychopath
16-06-2006, 17:05
How's everone army getting on now for the GT???

I just got my finial trade for RT Autocannons. So my army model & building wise should be full finish by the end of this week, just have him, a trooper & one more heavy weapons.

Though I am still thinking weather it be best taken Mutation or Spike bits for my lord??? Spike bit is cheaper & then it a qustion of what to get for 5pts so ether Bionic or Melta... who know. If the spike bits if my finial chose will have to re-model my lord to have Spike bursting out his army say like the Shoulder pads or the shine area should be pretty cool.

Gaming wise they are going fine, my Lord killed 562 woth of stuff a few a week ago which was pretty fun & he kelled him self... damn master test. But the Daemonic +1T was well worth the points.

IP

Fallen Angel
16-06-2006, 21:55
Ha, im nowhere near painting all my stuff. My guardians are still sitting in bits waiting for some cc weapons and i still haven't completely decided on whether or not i want 4 wave serpents. Plus im not going to get much painted as i need to paint quite a bit of my BA for upcoming tournaments. Hmm last minute rush job i think!!

cookiescrumble
17-06-2006, 21:03
Sorted out what i'll be wearing,

just a small clue.

It's being shipped from Honolulu.

spikyjames
19-06-2006, 10:28
well i'll probably be going to heat 2, and it'll probably be the mentors coming with me.

james

Deathjester
19-06-2006, 11:34
My skaven army will be making it's 1st journey out of the underhive for this one, i'll be at Heat 1.

Wraith86
19-06-2006, 12:36
Going to 40K Heat 1 takin' Berserkers to my first tournie with Cookie but no hawian shirt for me. bearing I hope an a completed dragon battle tattoo on my back

cookiescrumble
19-06-2006, 13:10
Heres a sneak peek at my fashionable tournament wear :cool: . Gonna keep my Sunday shirt a secret for now, well you see it at the tournament.

Btw changed my mind about an army again :rolleyes: .

Wraith86
19-06-2006, 13:55
Cookie why dear god why?
It is a little off the top do wish to blind people.

cookiescrumble
19-06-2006, 13:57
Think thats bad? Wait til you see the other one i'll be wearing on the Sunday.

Wraith86
19-06-2006, 17:08
Nooooooo!

I have to ride a coach with you.

Ahhhhhhh!

(Mental Note I foresee getting slamped tomorrow.)

I then wear extremely loud shorts.

cookiescrumble
19-06-2006, 17:57
Nobody said you have to come with us!!!

lee
19-06-2006, 18:15
yeah mark who invited you a long:( what army now paul:D

cookiescrumble
19-06-2006, 18:20
Lol lee.

Gonna be guard probably.

lee
19-06-2006, 18:23
fingers crossed going to take my drop troops

cookiescrumble
19-06-2006, 18:27
Gonna go for a list that is fun to play with and against.

Decided i am not the serious competitive type, come on loud Hawaiian shirts!

Looks like 7 coming from Portsmouth.

lee
19-06-2006, 18:41
me to on the list 118 guard men go:D

cookiescrumble
19-06-2006, 18:42
I got about 50, a few tanks and 5 sentinels.

lee
19-06-2006, 18:56
no tanks just loads of men:D

Insane Psychopath
19-06-2006, 22:07
That my Chaos Marines now full painted, just got to wait on someone to finish a cool looking list... as in the there going be like drawing & some other cool s*** in there.

So all good & I shall be gaming with my Forcies of Chaos by July :D

IP

Wraith86
20-06-2006, 12:51
No offence meant to the shirt I just have a lot to think about recently between college, work and injuries.
I'm just trying to get a laugh. Warn me if I am becoming a new sarcasmo.

My Khorne Are a 33 Infantry and a walker foot sloggin' all the way I only expect to have half the force if I reach the othe end of the table.

stormtrooper154
20-06-2006, 15:36
My marine army is progressing well. When I think Im not going to get it done in time, I realise Ive got 4 months and 2 weeks off before the heat. Looking forward to seeing all the great armies. And whichever one cookiescrumble decideds to take ;)

cookiescrumble
20-06-2006, 16:14
And whichever one cookiescrumble decideds to take ;)

Cheeky :D :D

konrad
21-06-2006, 19:54
I and a few others from Edinburgh will be going.

i will be using my White Panthers

Insane Psychopath
21-06-2006, 20:06
konrad
I and a few others from Edinburgh will be going.

i will be using my White Panthers

Where you that last year (2005) GT heat 1, if so then I fought you on round two (Iron Warriors player)

What armies is the Edibrugh lot taken this year & how many of you are attending. There should be 7-9 of us from Glasgow, also Iain Skinner & co will be attending from there local GW.

IP

cookiescrumble
22-06-2006, 07:07
Looks like 7 in my group from Portsmouth.

EDIT: Just got an email saying that my shirts have been shipped :D :D

LemonPotato
23-06-2006, 13:00
however sad it makies me to say this, it looks like I wont be doing word bearers for the GT this year.

Im gonna add just another iron warriors army to the tournament, along with another 6 obliterators. Sorry guys :cries:

It is just that this is a safer bet of qualification.

cookiescrumble
23-06-2006, 13:54
I just got screwed by our lovely UK government.

Have to pay £21 import tax on £30 of shirts :wtf: :wtf: .

Wraith86
23-06-2006, 17:20
Don't worry about more Iron warriors in the GT as long as it play well it doesn't matter.

Where the hell is that shirt coming from?
You could be able to claim some of that import tax back.

cookiescrumble
23-06-2006, 17:39
Coming from Hawaii, which is classed as an american state.

How do i claim it back?

lee
23-06-2006, 19:46
:eek: no chris not iron warriors dull of the dull list:cries:

cookiescrumble
24-06-2006, 06:17
I tried to tell him lee. I tried...

LemonPotato
24-06-2006, 10:19
:eek: no chris not iron warriors dull of the dull list:cries:

What the hell are you talking about lee, I can make any army fun :D

Have you decided on what you are taking yet lee?

Btw you were right, paul didnt stick with crimson fists for longer than a week :eek:

Insane Psychopath
24-06-2006, 19:47
That me got my army list done with a boarder around it & some of the Index Astarties drawing. It not easy I can tell you that. But it done, the army done. Also that is left is drawing a new front cover for this army list :D

Well three weeks until the GT tickets are on sale :D

Should be a great time & I want some good hard fought battles :angel:

IP

Inquisitor lorr
24-06-2006, 20:12
Well i've painted 10 men out of my 150 vostroyans and still need to buy about another 135-hehehe

Oh well i'm off school and not got much else to do.:D

Also i'd like to take this chance to mock all you people who have to travel to the tournie-<proceeds to mock> cos its about a 25min drive for me:D

lee
24-06-2006, 20:19
takeing my drop troops chris

Insane Psychopath
24-06-2006, 20:19
Also i'd like to take this chance to mock all you people who have to travel to the tournie-<proceeds to mock> cos its about a 25min drive for me

I'm not taken the damn 8 hour bus trip again, this year. So dose not bother me.

Because there a lot my friends attending the same heat, I am going to be drive down, should take 4 hours.

While last year & 2004, I got the bus. 8 hours to & from Nottingham & the things I suffer was

2004: Way back to Glasgow, this fat women, I mean really fat. She was throwing up none stop from Nottingham to Glasgow, but when we had the 15min stop, you;d see her stuffing her face with Burger King. She was a stupit *******, man why do people like her walk on this earth.

2005: There was this spoiled brat & his dumass mum. Just as usely Kid gose in bad mood & make tons of nose. However this wa later made up with a hot girl sitting near by me :angel:

It wired as going down to Nottingham, I never have any trouble on the bus & there a few nice looking girls, but comeing back home.... it a whole new world.

But this year, me & my friends going down on Fri, come back on Sun right after the event & be playing some great Metal music :D Also it is only FOUR hours, so I am happy.

On another note, can't rememeber if I said or not, but have you lot rememeber to make Loot counters????

IP

Inquisitor lorr
24-06-2006, 20:28
I'm not taken the damn 8 hour bus trip again, this year. So dose not bother me.

Because there a lot my friends attending the same heat, I am going to be drive down, should take 4 hours.

While last year & 2004, I got the bus. 8 hours to & from Nottingham & the things I suffer was

2004: Way back to Glasgow, this fat women, I mean really fat. She was throwing up none stop from Nottingham to Glasgow, but when we had the 15min stop, you;d see her stuffing her face with Burger King. She was a stupit *******, man why do people like her walk on this earth.

2005: There was this spoiled brat & his dumass mum. Just as usely Kid gose in bad mood & make tons of nose. However this wa later made up with a hot girl sitting near by me :angel:

It wired as going down to Nottingham, I never have any trouble on the bus & there a few nice looking girls, but comeing back home.... it a whole new world.

But this year, me & my friends going down on Fri, come back on Sun right after the event & be playing some great Metal music :D Also it is only FOUR hours, so I am happy.

On another note, can't rememeber if I said or not, but have you lot rememeber to make Loot counters????

IP

well some of that is definitely going to be sigged for sheer truth

Great Harlequin
24-06-2006, 20:32
Well i've painted 10 men out of my 150 vostroyans and still need to buy about another 135-hehehe

You'd better start weight training if you're gonna have a chance of carrying all that metal, mate! ;)

Looking forward to it, I've just built up some Heavy Weapon Troopers. I'm making vain attempts to convert them (it's not easy with such limited poses), but my skills at such are not renowned, so I'm making slow progress.

Can't wait till exams are over and I can paint 'em. Unfortunately, well, for the figures anyway, I won't be here for most of the Summer Holidays, because by some bizzare circumstances I'm going on three seperate holidays! I'll make sure to write you all postcards. :p

Have a special event taking place as well at the GT - a duel to the death between me and Fallen Angel on Time Crsis II. Given by his scores he's easily the best person I know of to play the game, so that should be challenging. Bets will be taken as per normal, folks!

All the very bestest,

lee
24-06-2006, 20:39
how are you going to do that chris not take any oblits
silly lee thats not going to happen its an iron warriors army :cries:

[QUOTE=LemonPotato]What the hell are you talking about lee, I can make any army fun :D

Inquisitor lorr
24-06-2006, 20:44
You'd better start weight training if you're gonna have a chance of carrying all that metal, mate! ;)

All the very bestest,

Hmmm,maybe putting wheels on my case-hehe

And yup just about everything in the army is impossible to convert.

And the best to you to:)

Insane Psychopath
24-06-2006, 20:58
Inquisitor lorr: You know if you use one them tray, the GT team give you to carry models. It going be hell for you.

For those who do not know, the GT event team hand out dinner trays for people to carry armies. I tend to take one, just to put models who have been killed in battles or say it Omega. Mean my case is free so i can get my rule book or codex. I have the Skirmish case (none GW),

IP

Fallen Angel
24-06-2006, 21:04
Have a special event taking place as well at the GT - a duel to the death between me and Fallen Angel on Time Crsis II. Given by his scores he's easily the best person I know of to play the game, so that should be challenging. Bets will be taken as per normal, folks!

All the very bestest,

Ooo i was just thinking of a friendly game but the gloves are off now!! As im driving there probably on the friday, i should be quite hungover come the saturday morning so ill be nicely into Time Crisis mode, just make sure i have a pint to hand!! And you give me too much credit, im not actually that good at it!!

On other news, ive actually painted something!! Well some of it anyway, heres one wave serpent semi-painted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/jerichoholic169/DCP_0422.jpg

cookiescrumble
24-06-2006, 21:05
We are all thinking of chipping in and renting a minibus.

Inquisitor lorr
24-06-2006, 21:10
Inquisitor lorr: You know if you use one them tray, the GT team give you to carry models. It going be hell for you.

IP

Hmm what to do?what to do?

I'm sure i could get around it somehow.I might take one of my own as well

Insane Psychopath
24-06-2006, 21:22
Fallen Angel: I see your still into purple then :rolleyes: just your Aplha Legion are in the same colour :p

Inquisitor lorr: I see you put me in your sig, thought you forgot about the fat women stuffer her face with burger king when she is throwing up.

While you got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Psycopath

2004: Way back to Glasgow, this fat women, I mean really fat.She was a stupid *******, man why do people like her walk on this earth.

2005: There was this spoiled brat & his dumbass mum. .

Shame on you lol

IP

Great Harlequin
25-06-2006, 11:28
Hmmm,maybe putting wheels on my case-hehe

And yup just about everything in the army is impossible to convert.
Heh! Put them in a suitcase and wheel it in. :p

For those who do not know, the GT event team hand out dinner trays for people to carry armies. I tend to take one, just to put models who have been killed in battles or say it Omega. Mean my case is free so i can get my rule book or codex. I have the Skirmish case (none GW),

True enough, they are quite handy, but would a tray hold 150 models? And whatever you do, don't put your most elaborately converted, painted bling figure on the edge of the tray. I've seen too many hit the floor in the bustle of tournaments.

Speaking of GT aid - they also give water out at the start of the day... usually. Refill your bottles in the toilets afterwards, it saves you having to shell out another pound for some water each time anyway. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm a tight git! :p

Ooo i was just thinking of a friendly game but the gloves are off now!! As im driving there probably on the friday, i should be quite hungover come the saturday morning so ill be nicely into Time Crisis mode, just make sure i have a pint to hand!! And you give me too much credit, im not actually that good at it!!
A friendly game sounds better! See if we can crack the doubles' record... Flame On for the win! :D

On other news, ive actually painted something!! Well some of it anyway, heres one wave serpent semi-painted
I likes what I see! The colour scheme's broken up nicely by the white on the side, it adds to the overall effect. If you get some nice sharp highlights on them, they'll look ace!

andy10k
25-06-2006, 13:06
Flame On O.o is that the name of your gaming group? Heard that somewhere before :P if it isn't a game then i've heard it somewhere else lol.

cookiescrumble
25-06-2006, 17:54
Any of you guys gonna be at the carnage social, would love to have a few games against you using GT armies if your taking them.

Konrad_Curze II
26-06-2006, 12:40
im going to the social but i wont be taking my gt army as theyre orks and arent part of the campaign, so ill be bringing my deathwing

Fallen Angel
26-06-2006, 15:06
Flame On O.o is that the name of your gaming group? Heard that somewhere before :P if it isn't a game then i've heard it somewhere else lol.

Flame On is just a bunch of Manchester gamers who travel round the country and play in tourneys etc. Watch out for the red shirts and us propping up the bar at events!! Its what we do best!!

Great Harlequin: We can try and set the record whilst competing among ourselves as to who gets the highest score - i think thats fair. I dont rly like strong highlights that much myself, though in real life there are pink highlights to all the panellings which works quite well. I also need to finish the white properly and break up all the sections with black lines.

Cookiescrumble: Not going to the social, the other half objects to it as im playing in the Golden Troll then Britcon in previous weekends.

cookiescrumble
26-06-2006, 15:32
Got my shirts this morning, i'm a very happy 40k chappy!!

Btw the import charges were £10.49 but UPS charged me £11 for the liberty of paying it for me :wtf: .

Swear the whole world is out to screw me over!

Lavfluris
26-06-2006, 17:32
Swear the whole world is out to screw me over!I wouldn’t worry yourself too much about that. ;)

Other than ‘subtlety’ insulting other WarSeerers, I’ve arranged for my first practice game tonight. It’s going to be against Wulfen or Necrons, so I feel fairly confident. It'll no doubt turn out like England playing Ecuador. In other words, the game should be an easy victory but will turn out to be a struggle.

andy10k
26-06-2006, 18:04
Flame On is just a bunch of Manchester gamers who travel round the country and play in tourneys etc. Watch out for the red shirts and us propping up the bar at events!! Its what we do best!!

Great Harlequin: We can try and set the record whilst competing among ourselves as to who gets the highest score - i think thats fair. I dont rly like strong highlights that much myself, though in real life there are pink highlights to all the panellings which works quite well. I also need to finish the white properly and break up all the sections with black lines.

Cookiescrumble: Not going to the social, the other half objects to it as im playing in the Golden Troll then Britcon in previous weekends.

Ahh yeah i remember, from sheffield team Flame On, you all had eldar or something?

Fallen Angel
26-06-2006, 19:04
At the team tournament we had 2 chaos players, a tau player and an eldar player. I was the evil git with purple infiltrating alpha legion that were big bullies.

lee
26-06-2006, 19:09
well the drop troops are comeing along very nice got 45 of the 90 infantry painted

Insane Psychopath
26-06-2006, 20:45
I'll be getting a few test game tomorrow against few people who want to test there own GT list. Also be fighting a none GT player who useing Guards, still a great player & it a good army, just right now my GW went throught the Marine fad.

Basicly last year I could fight anything from Orks to Guards, Eldar, Lost & the Damned. Now everone got Marines (it a new group who attending my local GW for Vet night, most them gits :rolleyes: )

But I'll get some good games & start to focuse a little bit more into "tournament gaming" :D Also my Chaos Space Marines should be hitting there 300th game (on 298 games)

IP

Lavfluris
26-06-2006, 22:18
Well, my first game with the Black Legion went well.

I managed to phase out a Necron army on the last turn, which is great, as I never have achieved that before. I still had the Obliterators and two Chaos Space Marine squads above half strength, an immobilised Chaos Predator and immobilised Chaos Defiler and the Daemon Prince above half wounds.

Granted, I made a few annoying errors, one in deployment and the other two in the closing stages of the game, but like the England football team, I happy with a win no matter how I achieve it. ;)

lee
27-06-2006, 21:36
well got my first win with the drop troops tonite beat a khorne marine army. i think he was cheating can all khorne marines have feel no pain i ant to sure

Lavfluris
27-06-2006, 21:38
i think he was cheating can all khorne marines have feel no pain i ant to sure'Feel no Pain' is an ability you pay additional points for. If he did not pay the points, then he pulled a fast one on you.

cookiescrumble
28-06-2006, 07:52
I kinda got bummed by a Mech Tau army. The basilisk was kinda useless as an artillery piece on a small board. Start of a learning curve though.

Insane Psychopath
29-06-2006, 08:45
Just to remind those entering Heat 1, ticket go on sale in a week time from this Sat. Also the limited Ed Space Marine Captain on sale as well.

For some reason I keep thinking it three week until ticket go on sale :wtf: My excuse is, it the summer holidays (Scotland), job hunting not going well & well I lost sence of time & days other than Tue Veterans night & Fri because it curry time :angel: All this because I am a college student

Anyway.... enough random.

My games went alright, just need to focuse a little bit more & I should be fine. My gaol just to improve from last time, last year I was 7pts away from making top 50, but I hope to improve as well as give all my oppent a good challege & like wise for myself.

But today will see my Mech Strom Trooper fighting as my Chaos force going be use a lot during Medusa V :D

Originally Posted by lee
i think he was cheating can all khorne marines have feel no pain i ant to sure

Did you check his list???? I kind went throught same thing on Tue. I forgot to charge somthing & said his turn.... before he move anything I went "I forgot to charge him", now to note I do let this oppent off with a few thing like this if it was my own turn. But I learnt to double check everthing, just found it a shame that after time I let them off, then never let me off with this ONE mistake :( But next time I'm double checking everthing & main that the GT as you can not affored ANY mistakes.

IP

cookiescrumble
29-06-2006, 09:07
My list has changed alot. Just gone for shed loads of firepower!!! Don't care about mobility, just raw firepower.

Danger Rat
29-06-2006, 09:09
Just in case anybody is interested I have posted my tau list in the army lists bit

www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=772642#post772642

Any comments would be greatly appreciated as im new to tau and this will be my first 40k gt.

cookiescrumble
29-06-2006, 10:09
I'll get my list posted soon, gonna get most of it on the 16th July so will have plenty of time.

andy10k
29-06-2006, 13:19
Decided to take my nids to the UKGT, the first tournaments im going to take these guys to is the Cold War East V West up at warhammer world, and see how the list does at tourney setting.

The list is the usual godzilla style

Hive Tyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs x2 Twin-linked Devourers Wings Psychic Scream 171

Hive Tyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs Venom Cannon Barbed Strangler x2 Tyrant Guard 247

Carnifex x2 Twin-linked Devourers Enhanced Senses 113

6 Genestealers Extended Carapace 120

6 Genestealers Extended Carapace 120

Ravener Rending and Scything 40

Zoanthrope Warp Blast 55

Carnifex Enhanced Senses Venom Cannon Barbed Strangler Reinforced Chitin 163

Carnifex Enhanced Senses Venom Cannon Barbed Strangler Reinforced Chitin 163

Though going to take some playtesting before hand, on whether or not to take out the raveners and zoanthrope for another heavy support fex, also whether to ditch the psychic scream on me hive tyrant for shadow in the warp.

Any of you going to East V West?

Insane Psychopath
30-06-2006, 16:22
Everthing now finish on my part, for the GT.

Models: New models are converted & painted to the best I can :D

Loot counter: All done, few tools from the Guard set, 2 Destroyed Necrones & a Drone thing.

Army list: My new list seem to do a bit better, just case of know what to do when fighting each army.

Also with tons of spare time, been working on a disgen (sp) for my list, which look pretty cool along with front cover. I know there not ment to be any background, but I made mine up before the GT pack, so adding it in anyway.

So this mean more time gaming & learning from each battle. Also I might finial get to fight orks, I only ever fought them three times out of... well I been in this hobby for 10 years now, thought I have only fought Dark Eldar once :wtf:

IP

squigsnok
30-06-2006, 17:12
Evenin all!

Well, for those of you who've waited with baited breath for me to start my army, I can exclusively reveal today that... (*cue drum roll*)... It's started!

Yes indeed, yesterday I aquired a ludicrous amount of bitz from a mate who decided to quit the chaos army after buyin s**t loats of stuff. So a cunning bit of haggling on my part has aquired an UBER box of gubbinz for me to take a ganders at and get working!

Pictures to follow when i purchase my digicam in a week or two. See, since finishing uni for the summer i've discovered something called "work". Bear with me, I know its an intreging new concept to us all (especially me). But apparently it supplies this stuff called "money", which in turn can be exchanged for goods and services. Handy stuff i'm sure you'll agree.

So tonight (well probly tomorrow. Friday nights were invented for pubs, surely?) will see me sifting through the bits and cleaning alot of the parts. I'm still waiting on forgeworld for the Mk IV armour, but I can start tinkering around with some special things. And of course the daemons. So many daemons..........

Insane Psychopath
30-06-2006, 17:18
squigsnok
Evenin all!

Well, for those of you who've waited with baited breath for me to start my army, I can exclusively reveal today that... (*cue drum roll*)... It's started!

You promise that you where going to post photos of the Daemons you built.... 3 weeks ago, shame on you :rolleyes: I'll have you know I was really looking forward to see those Daemons as well. :(

On other note, once i get time, I'll scan that photos so that you can make this Captain of yours.

cookiescrumble
30-06-2006, 19:22
Had a comfortable win against a speed freaks army. New army list seems to work. A bit early to tell for sure though.

andy10k
30-06-2006, 19:38
Whats your army list your using?

Gratz on the win.

Inquisitor lorr
30-06-2006, 20:00
I've painted 15 out the 150 vostroyans i need now and have purchased 25 of them....getting there....slowly...:D

Arcane_Blade
30-06-2006, 20:41
Lol, only 135 Vostroyans to go Inquisitor! May you keep your sanity in tact with that amount of painting......:evilgrin: Congrats on the win by the way cookie! :D
Join the glorious warriors of Chaos,
Dan:evilgrin:

Insane Psychopath
30-06-2006, 21:41
Inquisitor lorr: Your going to be in a world of pain, should you be painting these the night BEFORE the GT :rolleyes: that will just be soul destroying right there :cries:

Lavfluris
30-06-2006, 22:28
Blast, as they say. :p

Due to poor time management, I am not going to have the Black Legion completed for Heat One. Instead, I will be attending Heat Two, or maybe even Heat Three if that is my only option.

cookiescrumble
01-07-2006, 06:38
And you were moaning at Squig ;) .

Inquisitor lorr
01-07-2006, 10:17
ohh- i just realised i may have trouble buying a ticket...I'm skint and i just bought a ticket for Games Day,God knows where i'll find £50 in a week.:(

How quick do the tickets usually sell?

WanderingRogue
01-07-2006, 10:36
@ lav.
tell us which one you plump on heat two or three. Our antipodean friend was thinking of two or three to as soem other friends were attending these ones, but wanted to be part of the l.o.g.g. But if you fancy some (more) company come two/three there should be a fair mixed group.

On the army front the sisters are a big doubt for the heats but should make the final. After a few pages in the witchhunter tactica the list is decided and its a mech/seperphim force now.

The trusty alpha legion have had more testing games and the bikes that performed so badly at carnage are now gone for good. Yet more infiltrating troops take their place taking my marine horde up to the 50 mark.

G

Insane Psychopath
01-07-2006, 12:11
Inquisitor lorr: It depend.

2005 GT heats:

Heat 1: 90+ people turn up, so 60 ticket where still there, I think
Heat 2: it was like 120+???
Heat 3: sold out

It really dose depend as this year it new dates (for heat 1 anyway). I alway try buy my ticket first thing.

Also on that note, ALL three heats will be on sale the 8th July, that right ALL three heat be sold on the same day.

Lavfluris: Shame on you :rolleyes: But will we see any update any time soon????

I'm just happy to get everthing out the way now... but one problem, nothing big. One of my Heavy Weapon guys keep breaken & there just to much super glue (he broken so many times). So had to order part today to replace him. I even had the heavy weapon arm pinned :wtf: But this also mean a new conversion idear :D

So to anyone who is 100% attending heat 1, I guess I'll see you there.

IP

andy10k
01-07-2006, 13:16
Well i intended to go to heat 3 as i thought less people would attend it :P but by the looks of those statistics im obviously wrong lol, might go to heat 2 then :S

Changed my mind on the nids, think i'll take Dark Eldar >.< damn mind changing lol.

Insane Psychopath
01-07-2006, 13:31
My above exsample was just to show that Heat 3 was sold out, while Heat 1 had tons of space.

But as said you can not count on this ever year. It just case of buy ticket as soon as really.

Though not sure what GW GT will do about the FAQ I have hear so much about, as in will there be one, will it come by e-mail or along with the ticket.

Anyone know who care to tell us???

IP

cookiescrumble
01-07-2006, 13:54
Don't ask me about it.

This is my first GT, gonna get owned :evilgrin: .

Great Harlequin
01-07-2006, 16:44
Blast, as they say. :p

Due to poor time management, I am not going to have the Black Legion completed for Heat One. Instead, I will be attending Heat Two, or maybe even Heat Three if that is my only option.
Ah, tis a shame you shall not be there, but, less competition I suppose. ;)

What is to become of the L.o.G.G?

Any of you guys gonna be at the carnage social, would love to have a few games against you using GT armies if your taking them.
Yep, I'll be utilising my Iron Warriors if at all possible. They should be painted, though I will struggle, as I have so many holidays and things to do this Summer. I'll post up some pics of the army at some point, so you know who to look out for. :)

Great Harlequin: We can try and set the record whilst competing among ourselves as to who gets the highest score - i think thats fair.
Sounds good to me, looking forward to it!

I would give you a game of pool, but I'd embarass myself. :p

Just finished my exams, and so I'll probably finish my Heavy Weapons Troopers tonight, because I have some free time.

I may put up a project log in the near future.

Lavfluris
02-07-2006, 19:31
tell us which one you plump on heat two or three.I’m not bothered as to which Heat I attend, so long as the L.o.G.G. can still go ahead. ;)

But will we see any update any time soon????There should be an update either on Thursday or next Sunday. The update will be fairly substantial, as I’ve re-worked both Chaos Space Marine squads, as well as finished the Obliterators. I may also have finished my Army Background, but we’ll see.

What is to become of the L.o.G.G?It’s moved to either Heat Two or Heat Three, depending on which one WanderingRogue chooses.

Wraith86
03-07-2006, 10:48
Revised list Berserker list

1 Daemon Prince
with 32 infantry
and a Dreadnought

got all the parts now for the fun part

Insane Psychopath
05-07-2006, 11:35
Well only a few days until the GT tickets go on sale. That ALL three heats & include WFB as well :eek:

My two last models (I just like converting & one them the replacment for another model) are almost done, should be done with in around 1pm :D

Also dose anyone know what happing with this FAQ that ment to be out for the GT, coiver stuff like Land Speeder & Deep Striking & a few other stuff.

IP

cookiescrumble
05-07-2006, 12:50
I'll be getting my ticket first thing Saturday morning. Got travel sorted and as soon as i know numbers i'll book the hotel.

The army is coming along slowly! Got an infantry squad finished this morning (only another 35 guardsmen, 2 battletanks, 2 sentinels and a basilisk to go!)

Insane Psychopath
06-07-2006, 18:56
Well since I got the time, I am choseing to re-do my Chaos Preds. They just seem a little out as the rest of my Chaos force is ink, while the Pred are not. Also I got newer conversion idears. I will of course be having a crusifed Marines, just be newer & more work than the last one.

On gaming front, I won twice against Eldar & loss to Marines. Again my Marine, any one would tell you my dice truly suck. It not even funny anymore, been happing for a month against my Marine oppent. He great & I have fought him many a time where my dice where great & I'd blow up many a thing, but just for a month they done ******* all :eek:

Well it better if there gone now & not hang around during the GT, but some luck came as I am now starting to make more than avrage (sp) for Inv save on my Oblits :angel: it I usely make say 30 out of 37 for exsample :eek: in more than one game.

Anywa, so new Preds will be done, ticket will be bought first thing on Sat & I am sorted :D

Again dose anyone know how we will get the FAQ??? if it e-mail, mail order will send us it or if it come along with the ticket. Just I hear from friends who where that the GT finials 2006, there be a FAQ.

IP

squigsnok
10-07-2006, 17:19
You promise that you where going to post photos of the Daemons you built.... 3 weeks ago, shame on you

Well I WAS gonna post photos. But I dont own a digicam yet. Work keep screwing up paying me, and without money, I'm without the ability to buy stuff. Daemons are progressing nicely, but are on hold for the minute coz I got my FW armour bits in the post t'other day and I've had to start on the marines. My will power just wasnt strong enough NOT to make them. Too pretty......

On other note, once i get time, I'll scan that photos so that you can make this Captain of yours.

Still waiting for that................... :(

Inquisitor lorr: Your going to be in a world of pain, should you be painting these the night BEFORE the GT that will just be soul destroying right there

Been there, and done it for every GT I've been to. Except the final last year that is, and I did really badly on the first day when I had a sensible amount of sleep the night before. Coincidence? I think not... Painting the night before is a tradition that cannot be broken, lest you incur the wrath of the Gods Of Fate!!!

Heat 3 for you! Join us. You know you wanna!!!

And you were moaning at Squig

Karma. Right there. Did ya see it? Moan at me at your peril folks!

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 17:20
Got my ticket, really looking forward to it. Just ask Lee!!!

Wraith86
10-07-2006, 17:26
Got my ticket ordered just waiting for for it to arrive

lee
10-07-2006, 18:10
yep he is really looking foward to going:)

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 18:26
Cheers for clearing that up Lee!

lee
10-07-2006, 18:30
well 90 of 128 guardsmen painted:D not to many left

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 18:52
I'm still waiting for it too stop raining so i can spray my tanks.

lee
10-07-2006, 18:59
you will be wating along time this is england:)

PompeyKlaus
10-07-2006, 19:45
Got my ticket, still not sure what army though :(

Klaus

lee
10-07-2006, 22:48
:) nick take a guard army then that would make it four from the pompey store takeing guard

Konrad_Curze II
10-07-2006, 23:22
i only need to spray 1 more of my tanks and then i can start painting them properly.

cookiescrumble
11-07-2006, 08:54
Got my tanks sprayed this morning :D (it was sunny :eek: ).

squigsnok
11-07-2006, 16:44
Well its definately gonna be heat 3 for me this year. I was plannin on heat 2 but i've just discovered there's a gig I have to go to on the friday night, and i dont really wanna be coming down first thing on the saturday morning slightly deaf and after i've been up all night. So heat 3 it is! Join me! You know you wanna!

WanderingRogue
11-07-2006, 17:23
well i have now had plans amended for me by other, so it looks like im back to heat 1! yay.

ticket turned up this morning , its all pruuuty!

My AL are now completely done, my sisters are started and i have a cool idea for a word bearer army so its anyones guess whati'll end up using......

Insane Psychopath
11-07-2006, 20:04
squigsnok
Well its definately gonna be heat 3 for me this year. I was plannin on heat 2 but i've just discovered there's a gig I have to go to on the friday night, and i dont really wanna be coming down first thing on the saturday morning slightly deaf and after i've been up all night. So heat 3 it is! Join me! You know you wanna!

Squig, what gigs this??? Also how you think I feel. Last year heat, I was that a gig, not only was I deaf, I was also unwell. This was due to the dust that the model making job I had (where clean the place out). But I not even said about my friend who was really unwell & he fought Simon De T on the very first round, much to mine & my friends amusement. My friend was really out of it. He lost 7/13 score, not bad.

IP

squigsnok
17-07-2006, 16:44
Squig, what gigs this???

IP

Muse. So I just have to go. Its the law. Kinda....

Ticket ordered and everything folks, so I'll be at heat 3 (as you'll know if you're also reading the other strikingly similar GT thread up here)

Inquisitor lorr
18-07-2006, 13:37
Muse. So I just have to go. Its the law. Kinda....

Indeed it is.Where are you seeing them?
I'll be seeing them at the Nottingham arena.

Its my birthday in 2 weeks,so if theres still tickets left my lack of money won't be a problem and i'll be going....i just hope theres still tickets left.:(

And on the model front i have painted 23(and a half) vostroyans.

3 0f 6
18-07-2006, 20:14
My army has been painted for months, in fact i have almost painted another 1500pt force since i finished it :P

squigsnok
20-07-2006, 17:23
My army has been painted for months, in fact i have almost painted another 1500pt force since i finished it :P

No one likes a show of 3/6. Unless it's me thats showing off of course, coz everyone likes me :angel:

Indeed it is.Where are you seeing them?
I'll be seeing them at the Nottingham arena.

M.E.N. arena here in good ol' sunny Manchester!

Insane Psychopath
20-07-2006, 18:21
Unless it's me thats showing off of course, coz everyone likes me

Can you define by what you mean "everyone like me" lol (only winding you up man).

New list done alright today & happy with how it gose. Now to ether wait for wounderdog to give me the Pred turret or use my Black Templars turret.

IP

mortus
21-07-2006, 10:13
Heat one and at the moment I ain't got a clue what to take, Eldar or Necrons or even D'wing.

Let the army list making begin....

tristessa
21-07-2006, 10:40
I think there are now four of us coming up from Exeter for Heat One, so at least the south west will be well represented between us and Mortus!

andy10k
21-07-2006, 11:54
Can you define by what you mean "everyone like me" lol (only winding you up man).

New list done alright today & happy with how it gose. Now to ether wait for wounderdog to give me the Pred turret or use my Black Templars turret.

IP

So whats your new list this time round then IP? :D

Insane Psychopath
21-07-2006, 12:07
andy10k Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Psychopath

IP

So whats your new list this time round then IP?

You'll have to wait & see. Sorry, but I do not wish to speak of my list, as it is somthing I not seen anyone do... yet. Also those who have fought me have sworen secret.

*Wounderdog, rememeber I keep your list a secret & my list change from last time you fought it, change a LOT, in fact you not seen it*

All you need to know Andy10, the Twin Linked Lascannon was needed for my Pred & a few other bit wargear was better then others as well as free up points :D

mortus
21-07-2006, 13:09
I may have space for two in a small car if lifts are needed.

Wraith86
24-07-2006, 11:22
My place is confirmed.
So one more from the south go.
I Just hope that Broadmarsh Bus station will be warm at 3 in the morning, well at least until Mcdonalds is open.
Anyone know of any good books to read for three hours.

andy10k
24-07-2006, 12:41
You'll have to wait & see. Sorry, but I do not wish to speak of my list, as it is somthing I not seen anyone do... yet. Also those who have fought me have sworen secret.

*Wounderdog, rememeber I keep your list a secret & my list change from last time you fought it, change a LOT, in fact you not seen it*

All you need to know Andy10, the Twin Linked Lascannon was needed for my Pred & a few other bit wargear was better then others as well as free up points :D

Ahh :P sneaky lol.

Guess i'll have to keep my list a secret as well then :eek: though dont mind if people know, lots of playtesting to do like you did...and painting :cries:

What time you going on the friday IP?

3 0f 6
24-07-2006, 13:55
Im also from the South West, Somerset in fact, so yes i think there is quite a nice collective body from the south west.

Insane Psychopath
24-07-2006, 13:57
What time you going on the friday IP?

What are you talking abour Andy10?????? & if it to do with the GT, though your going Heat 2.

As for people & list, don't really care (not being to be a git) as long as the person give me a challege, that all I care about & of course there good gamers, meaning there not moaning little gits. As long as a person a good gamer, friendly etc... I am more than happy to face them as well as them offer a challege.

tristessa
24-07-2006, 19:52
Im also from the South West, Somerset in fact, so yes i think there is quite a nice collective body from the south west.

Were you at heat two last year with your Iron Warriors, or was that someone else from Somerset?

Insane Psychopath
24-07-2006, 20:35
From the GW site

GRAND TOURNAMENT TICKETS!The Grand Tournament tickets for Warhammer and Warhammer 40k are available from Direct Sales now! Heat 1 for Warhammer and 40k are almost sold out, call Direct Sales on 0115 9140000 right now if you wish to go to either of these heats!

IP

Fallen Angel
24-07-2006, 22:00
Glad i got my ticket ages ago.

After doing really well this weekend at Toy Soldier with my Blood Angels, im considering taking them to the heats. Especially as im not going to get much chance to improve on my 5 games with mech eldar that ive had so far.

3 0f 6
24-07-2006, 23:02
Were you at heat two last year with your Iron Warriors, or was that someone else from Somerset?

YES thats me :P they are back!!

Wraith86
27-07-2006, 14:22
so how many Iron warrior armies are going to heat 1 I know of two confirmed now

squigsnok
27-07-2006, 15:33
My guess would be alot. I know there are players out there who go with the fluffy list (like IP) but it is the most exploitable list available for the power gamers now that ulthwe and speed freaks are out of the picture.

Wonderdog
27-07-2006, 15:39
IW cheese armies? Pffft... Let em come... I got something special in store for them, as IP will tell yah :D

An anonymous foreign investor has discovered that the frustrated tears of defeated IW players are a miracle cure for cancer. He's offering big money for every drop I can supply. I'm going to be very, very rich come the end of Heat 1 :D

#Wonderdog

PS (or so I hope :D).

squigsnok
28-07-2006, 14:01
An anonymous foreign investor has discovered that the frustrated tears of defeated IW players are a miracle cure for cancer.

That I can actually believe.... :D

Sandals
28-07-2006, 18:35
Just to answer the original question, a load of people i know from leicester are going to heat 1.

LemonPotato
28-07-2006, 18:55
I am going to be playing with an infantry iron warrior army, it is just marines and havocs backed up by a few obliterators.

cookiescrumble
29-07-2006, 12:37
Well my army is still not painted, thinking of taking my deathguard, should be able to qualify with them.

lee
29-07-2006, 20:11
Well my army is still not painted, thinking of taking my deathguard, should be able to qualify with them.

what a shock !

Wraith86
31-07-2006, 11:42
Not that much of a shock it is what he's cofortable with.

Malchek
05-08-2006, 22:56

Gt has sparse boards - is this really the case like OMFG :wtf: are we bowling or playing 40K ;)

Not that I'm bitter or anything but I tend to find my IG stick around a bit longer with plenty of ******* cover! ;)

Prophaniti
06-08-2006, 17:20
The terrain issue really isn't what it was in years past. Last season they did have 25% coverage of the table with terrain. The only problem is that some of it was hills that are fine in WFB but do nothing in 40K due to there type and location..

Sandals
07-08-2006, 11:59
just to let people know, 40k heat 1 sold out this morning.

Ultima
07-08-2006, 13:21
heat 2 seems on the way as well. A few of my friends ordered theres a couple of days ago so there is about 30ish left.

cookiescrumble
07-08-2006, 14:39
Well, army is coming along slowly, playing Lav on thursday. Should be a laugh.

andy10k
13-08-2006, 23:50
Do you have to have a brief history of your army with you at the GT by the way? I hear people always saying stuff about it, but i cant see in the rules pack about having to bring anything like that with you :S

If i am wrong and you do need one, how long does it have to be? Thanks.

At the moment i have a small 300 word history explaining why my army is the way it is, but if i need to expand its best i ask people who have been before :P

Insane Psychopath
14-08-2006, 07:22
Do you have to have a brief history of your army with you at the GT by the way?

Nope, no 200-600 word background this year or quiz.

So how is everone army getting on now???

I have just Two Obloiterators to paint up, chose to re-paint a few stuff & reconvert a few things.

IP

Fallen Angel
14-08-2006, 09:05
I really cant decide what to take: should i take Blood Angels which ive been playing with for the last three years and really know what im doing with; or should i take my eldar air cav which look much nicer and probably harder and will kick some IW bottom easier?? Hmm.

Wraith86
14-08-2006, 09:31
I have a Berserker Unit undercoated and started
My chosen unit Undercoated and started
and the same with my dreadnought and daemon prince.

At this rate I may be finishing up painting in the bus station at 3 in the morning for the tourament (dammit being a relatively lazy student).

cookiescrumble
14-08-2006, 09:35
My army isn't even undercoated, may have to dust off those deathguard.

squigsnok
14-08-2006, 09:49

You think you have it bad? I only have 7 models assembled. Infact, t'other day I decided to radically change the whole army. So It's looking highly likely there's gonna be some all-nighter paintin sessions comin up......

LemonPotato
14-08-2006, 12:26
At this rate I may be finishing up painting in the bus station at 3 in the morning for the tourament (dammit being a relatively lazy student).

That is your own fault for wanting to get there at 3 in the bloody morning!

On another note are you interested in a game on Tuesday?

I have 1000 Points of my iron warriors put together now and this will be 1500 by the end of today, then i just have to base, spray and paint them, a piece of cake! :D

Insane Psychopath
14-08-2006, 12:41
squigsnok Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiescrumble

You think you have it bad? I only have 7 models assembled. Infact, t'other day I decided to radically change the whole army. So It's looking highly likely there's gonna be some all-nighter paintin sessions comin up......

But squig, CC going to Heat 1 while your going to Heat 3. As of tomorrow it will be 2 months until the first GT for this year (in UK)

IP

Wonderdog
14-08-2006, 13:58
Oh Oh... best get painting then eh?

Average 5 models a week, should take me.... 4 1/2 weeks :D

#Wonderdog

TAU AIR CASTE
14-08-2006, 14:32
Oh Oh... best get painting then eh?

Average 5 models a week, should take me.... 4 1/2 weeks :D

#Wonderdog

you have only 22/23 models? what you got tau?

squigsnok
14-08-2006, 15:11
But squig, CC going to Heat 1 while your going to Heat 3. As of tomorrow it will be 2 months until the first GT for this year (in UK)

IP

yeah, but i'm about twice as lazy as CC. So it evens out, see? :D

Wonderdog
14-08-2006, 15:26
23 - even my Deathwing army was bigger than this one :S

Still - it does the job!

#Wonderdog

Insane Psychopath
14-08-2006, 16:02
Just to say it seem the FAQs for the 40k will be release tomorrow (check rumours 40k page)

Wonderdog
23 - even my Deathwing army was bigger than this one :S

Still - it does the job!

#Wonderdog

Yes they do there job great (you git)

Should be a good Grand Tournament, 150 people attending to Heat 1. On that note, has anyone sent of there slipt just saying "yeah I am coming & this is the army I am taken". I should be sending mine on Fri just before college start up.

IP

Wonderdog
14-08-2006, 18:52
I returned mine the day I got the ticket - though I havent had the confirmation email back yet...

cookiescrumble
14-08-2006, 18:55
I haven't sent mine yet as i'm not sure what army to take.

Got til the 29th of September though.

stormtrooper154
14-08-2006, 19:56
I returned mine the day I got the ticket - though I havent had the confirmation email back yet...

Come to think of it neither have I :wtf:

Sandals
14-08-2006, 22:08
i've never had one back in all the years i've been going!

Prophaniti
15-08-2006, 00:03
Same here, it's never been a problem for me.

Ultima
15-08-2006, 09:47
I had my first Gt last year and I didnt get an email back for the final or the heat...hmm i spy a pattern emerging ;)

squigsnok
15-08-2006, 09:56
I got my first confirmation e-mail back last year for the final, and it was my 5th GT event.

As for sending off the reply this year, the plan is to leave it till the last minute like I do every time. Basically, if i leave it till november I have the opportunity to switch to my orks if things go awry with my painting schedule.

...Which is quite likely, as my painting schedule currently consists of "put it off, and hope the magic pixies do it". I'm confident they can get it done :D

Prophaniti
15-08-2006, 10:45
The registration form doesn't really commit you to taking a particular army. Check the return by date for the registration form and make sure you meet it. If you change your army in the time between posting your registration form and the event, just talk to the referees and your details should get changed.

What the registration forms are for is confirming the number of attendees so the right amount of food etc, can be sorted out. It also means that the tournament database can have all the names, ticket numbers and armies in before the event, rather than frantically typing them in during round 1.

So fill in the form with the army you're planning on taking, if you have to revert to orks then speak to the events team on the day.

Insane Psychopath
18-08-2006, 10:27
Just to say that the FAQ now out for the GT. To those who I sent a copy, it the exact same (though few people called it fake :rolleyes: ) only diffrence is, this version has Brain name after he seen the "fake" comments.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/tournaments/pdfs/40k-gt-faq-2006.pdf

I got the link by Bolter&Chainswords, so no idear where to get it from the GW site.

Army wise, few changies done & meaning that I need to paint Two more models which are getting done today :D

Also my fourm been sent away yesterday.

Now to sit & wait for my curry later tonight & then all shall be good, really want my curry right now :(

I can't wait for the GT, should be good fun & I want a good challege like last year Heat 1, felt that was the best event I been to. Wound how many people be painting that the last min that Heat 1 then :rolleyes:

IP

Wraith86
18-08-2006, 16:34
That is your own fault for wanting to get there at 3 in the bloody morning!

On another note are you interested in a game on Tuesday?

I have 1000 Points of my iron warriors put together now and this will be 1500 by the end of today, then i just have to base, spray and paint them, a piece of cake! :D

Yeah I'm Interested in a battle.

P.S. I didn't want to get to Nottingham at 0300 it was just the cheapest way to travel over 160 mile and for under 30 quid I am not complaining.

P.P.S If your in London Victoria coach station the chiken samosa's their are great suggest people try them.

Wraith86
23-08-2006, 12:12
18 models out of 34 painted thank you spray paints and a lack of work for the week.

to do:
8 Berserkers
8 Possessed with cheese wire.

TAU AIR CASTE
28-08-2006, 02:37
hey guys the faq has changed slightly, you need to go on the site to see what the changes are but it's thing like the gift of the gods question.

Insane Psychopath
28-08-2006, 06:22
Thanks for that

Just had a quick glance & see no more tank on hill = High 6. Also a few things I am very happy with indeed.

IP

ninjahamster
31-08-2006, 15:49
I've finally decided what i'm taking to Heat 1.

My Genestealer Cult Witchhunter list.

Now just got to get painting, converting and somehow get hold of 6 old genestealer hybrids :/

Nothing like cutting it close :)

Fallen Angel
31-08-2006, 18:23
Gaurantee you'll change your mind before then!!

Need to ebay me some more warp spiders then im sorted - woo bring on the air cav!!

cookiescrumble
31-08-2006, 20:04
I still haven't decided...

tristessa
31-08-2006, 21:13
I've picked up an Eldar Army, but my Blood Angels are currently unbeaten in Seven Games and I've won six of those, so it's still the Blood Angels for me.

Sandals
31-08-2006, 22:50
Gaurantee you'll change your mind before then!!

Need to ebay me some more warp spiders then im sorted - woo bring on the air cav!!

i've a couple i was looking to get rid of. they're painted, but you can always strip them. PM me and we can sort it out.

hope no one minds me hijacking there....

i'm still undecided between my dark eldar which i have more fun with, or my marines which may end up doing better. played a game with each today against two guys that are going to the heats, my dark eldar beat a chaos shooty list and my marines lost to a very similar all vehicle marine army. leaning towards the dark eldar, mainly cos there's less to paint!

Danger Rat
01-09-2006, 07:42
Go with the dark eldar Sandy you know it makes sense!!!!!

3 0f 6
01-09-2006, 22:35
less in the dark eldar army than marines... wtf?