PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous Cavalry Question

Aranel
19-03-2013, 19:06
Hey guys, just a quick one:

How many rank and file MC models do you need to give a look out sir to a character of the same unit type present in the unit? I don't have access to my rule book ATM and I'm doing some prep work for a tourney.

Many thanks

Kalandros
19-03-2013, 19:15
5 that aren't champion unless they have access to a Look-out Gnoblar that makes this 3 models that aren't champion.

kefkah
19-03-2013, 19:15
Its 5 as usuall across the board for RnF, thats why some ogre units have LOS Gnoblar.

selecta
19-03-2013, 19:16
MC only need ranks of 3 models to get look out sir I think. If you have 6 in a unit your classed as a horde.

AMWOOD co
19-03-2013, 20:07
MC only need ranks of 3 models to get look out sir I think. If you have 6 in a unit your classed as a horde.

No, 3 is ranks. The Look Out Sir! rule uses 5 models.

Blkc57
19-03-2013, 22:30

And you would be thinking wrong. Look out Sir has nothing to do with ranks, all that matters is "Do you have 5 rank and file models (and one of them cannot be the unit champ) in the unit?" As many have pointed out Ogre Kingdoms has a special rule called a "Look Out Gnoblar" you have to pay for but it drops the requirement down to 3 rank and file models.

quiescence
19-03-2013, 23:57
Would this also apply to TK units of Chariots? I'm running a prince in a unit of 5 chariots with full command, could I still look out sir against a stone thrower?

Can you use look out sire with dangerous terrain tests? In my last game I charged through a forest, failed the dangerous terrain check with my prince, and he took 6 wounds with no armour saves, which meant dead prince. That really sucked :(

Blkc57
20-03-2013, 00:52
Would this also apply to TK units of Chariots? I'm running a prince in a unit of 5 chariots with full command, could I still look out sir against a stone thrower?

Can you use look out sire with dangerous terrain tests? In my last game I charged through a forest, failed the dangerous terrain check with my prince, and he took 6 wounds with no armour saves, which meant dead prince. That really sucked :(

You need 5 rank and file models so as long one of those 5 in you unit is not unit champ you are good, if you did take a unit champ you need one more regular chariot to get the "Look out Sir" for your prince. Also No, you cannot "Look out Sir" a dangerous terrain check.

RejjeN
20-03-2013, 01:37
It's your chariot that takes the dangerous terrain test, not the prince, so it would only be the chariot that dies in that instance, right?

Kalandros
20-03-2013, 10:42
Its rules-design failure for the units of chariots with characters. Don't use them together.