PDA

View Full Version : Setharyx's Legion (2500 Warriors of Chaos)

Revanur
21-03-2013, 15:19
Greetings,

Looking to use this list at 2500. Under the list are some tactics.

Setharyx, the Lustful. Demon Prince of Slaanesh 500

Level 4 wizard
Chaos Armour & Demonic Flight
Scaled Skin & Allure of Slaanesh
Sword of Striking, Charmed Shield & Dragonbane Gem

Terimm, Exalted of Tzeentch. 206

Battle Standard Bearer
Halberd & Mark of Tzeentch
Talisman of Preservation & Third Eye of Tzeentch

Terimm's Hands (17 Warriors of Chaos) 319

Full Command
Mark of Tzeentch
Shields

The Burning Apostles (18 Warriors of Chaos) 382

Full Command
Mark of Khorne
Halberds
Banner of Eternal Flame

5 Chaos Warhounds 30
5 Chaos Warhounds 30
5 Chaos Warhounds 30

The Delirious (10 Marauders) 100

Mark of Khorne
Flails

1 Chaos Chariot 120

Mark of Khorne

1 Gorebeast Chariot 140

Mark of Khorne

Setharyx's Pet (1 Chimera) 245

Regenerating Flesh

Spinebreakers (4 Skullcrushers of Khorne) 342

Full Command
Ensorcelled Weapons

Worbagh, the enraged (Chaos Spawn of Khorne) 55

The Demon Prince will move behind or in between the enemy battle line and will cast boosted Cacaphonic Choir with as much dice as possible. Most miscast won't do much harm vs. such a caster.
That spell worked wonders in the same way against my High Elves out of a Keeper of Secrets.
Being hard to kill he wil try to lock into combat vs. a not to strong unit in the rear and keep casting it since it's a Hex. Would also hope for hysterical frenzy, since that spell is very nice with all the Khrone units.

The 10 Marauders are there to clear chaff and/or do damage to small armoured units with their many strength 5 attacks round 1.

I put in the Spawn of Khorne because I had 56 points left after putting the rest in. (plus fluff wise, it was his horde until Sepharyx took over)

I am in doubt wether I should give the Prince a familiar to increase the chances of having Cacaphonic Coir. Would then probably take 5 extra hounds and ditch the Spawn.

What do you think of this list?

10_minute_pie
21-03-2013, 19:44
Defo take the familiar on the Prince. It's really fantastic, not just for the spell, but also because it actually gives you a reasonable chance of channeling.

In my experience, warriors with shields are garbage unless you support them with Mind Razor. Depending on how much armour you see in your local metagame, it can be really hard for them to have any impact at only strength 4 (particularly if you face lots of other warriors players or empire with 1+ save heroes/cav). Drop the tzeench warriors for nurgle with great weapons (striking last is fine when you're only being hit on 5s or 6s).

This does leave your BSB homeless, so if you have the model, I'd stick him on a Daemonic Mount with a great weapon, and run him solo. He's extremely survivable with the wardsave, 3 wounds and T5, plus you can stick him in front of your Prince during deployment, and have him catch cannon balls for you. Just don't throw him into ranked infantry unsupported and force him take a break test. You may have to drop the spawn to fit all this in. Tactically, i think that would be a sound option, but I do love your army fluff. Of course, you could always say that the BSB is now riding WorBagh :D