PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pt. Clan Skryre Skaven

Regetar
22-03-2013, 09:27
Lords
Grey Seer - 240 pts
- Used Curse of the Horned Rat

Heroes
Cheiftan - 95 pts (Leads the Stormvermin)
- BSB, Banner of the Under-Empire

Warlock Engineer - 85 pts
- Lvl 1 Wizard
- Warp-Energy Condenser
- Uses Warp Lightning

Warlock Engineer - 85 pts
- Lvl 1 Wizard
- Ward-Energy Condenser
- Uses Warp Lightning

Core
x40 Skavenslaves - 80 pts
x40 Skavenslaves - 80 pts

x30 Clanrats - 155 pts
- Shields
- FC

x30 Clanrats - 155 pts
- Shields
- FC

x30 Clanrats - 225 pts
- Shields
- FC
- Warpfire Thrower

x30 Clanrats - 225 pts
- Shields
- FC
- Warpfire Thrower

x30 Stormvermin - 225 pts
- Champion, Musican

Special
x5 Jezzails - 110 pts
- Champion

Rare
Warp Lightning Cannon - 90 pts

Doomwheel - 150 pts

Total: 2000 pts

If I copied everything correctly, all the points should add up to exactly 2000. Currently I own absolutely zero of the models listed, so feel free to play around with the list as much as you see fit.

Edit:
Grey Seer- As he's a very powerful wizard, the Grey Seer is not going to be in the thick of combat. Rather, I intend to keep him in the back, blasting the enemy will The Curse of the Horned Rat and other spells. If things start to get dire, he can use Skitterleap to move elsewhere.

Warlocks- Both are going to lead the Warpfire Clanrat units. Mainly they're going to shoot Warp Lightning at the enemy until the enemy is within range.

Clanrats/Stormvermin- Nothing special here. I just intend to throw them into combat, and hopefully kill something.

Skavenslaves- Following their roles as cheap, expendable units, they're just there to tie up the enemy elites or the big monsters, and if they're lucky, actually kill something.

selecta
22-03-2013, 11:43
thats alot models to paint and buy. You have to be 100 percent sure before collecting skaven.

I would drop a core unit for a unit plague prests.

underscore
22-03-2013, 13:50
I'm presuming the idea is to throw the Slaves in and the Warpfire/Lightning the unit. The Slaves will probably only last a turn or two so the Warpfire throwers will have a hard time, not being able move and shoot and all. I expect that they'll only get one go each and, well, I've never had any luck with them, but that might just be me. If the Slaves were bigger (like, twice the size) they'll be able to last a few more turns, so you get more attempts at shooting.

Not sure what the point of the Speared Rats and StormVermin are either. Is one a bunker for the Seer - both seem a little big for a unit that shouldn't ever see combat?

Are the Warlocks going in with the Warpfire Clanrats?

I'm not a huge fan of Globadiers either. If this was me I think I'd dump the Spear Rats then invest in some Gutter Runners (slings & poison) instead of the Globadiers, buff the sizes of the Slaves and try to get some protection on that Seer and try to work out where I want him.

Regetar
23-03-2013, 04:01
So after some confusion, I've edited the army list and added instructions for what I plan to do with the heroes/units.

In hindsight, I was the idiot here. I should've added what I intended to do with my units when I first posted this.

adtheis
27-03-2013, 18:35
If you can find space for another cannon, I always found that 2 is more effective because "nothing happening" can happen with skaven.

underscore
27-03-2013, 18:56
Didn't catch the update to this. You still have the duplicate condensers on the Warlocks, btw.

Just wondering what your plans are for the 2 units of 30 Clanrats? One a bunker for the Seer, I guess? I'd almost be tempted to scrap the second one to add another toy or two - maybe a PWM on the bunker unit, another cannon or another Wheel, some gutter runners, maybe?

The Seer still seems a bit under protected - a ward or an Earthing Rod would make me feel a bit safer with him. A bunker can be whittled down easy enough and no one's going to let you get Skitterleap off if he gets into combat (and that's if you roll for it)!

spagg
27-03-2013, 21:58
Find some points to give one of the engineers a Doomrocket. That thing never let's me down!

The French Guy
31-03-2013, 11:34
I second that, doomrocket for the second warlock, you don't even have to get him lvl1 in that case.
I would drop champion option off the clanrats, jezzails and even stormvermin.
I would try to fit a second cannon.

Your stormvermin cost as much as a unit of clanrats with warpfire thrower.
Fitting the theme, I would try to take a ratio of 1 slave unit to block and 1 unit of clanrat with a warpfire thrower!