PDA

View Full Version : Woc 24000

Mullitron
22-03-2013, 13:47
Its a pretty simple list, the mutant poisons on the dogs are there just because I had 5 points to spare, though I may drop that and the spell familiar to add a third unit of hounds. If there's anything obviously bad about the list or a better choice in item/unit composition I would appreciate any suggestions thank you.

Daemon prince
level 4
flaming breath
scaled skin
soul feeder
Sword of striking
charmed shield
mos
chaos armour
daemonic flight
Chaos familiar

Exhalted hero
battle standard bearer
mot
Halberd
Disc of tzeentch
Enchanted shield
Talisman of Preservation
Third eye of Tzeentch

core:

18 warriors
fc
mok
shields
halberds

18 warriors
fc
mok
shields
halberds

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30
mutant poisons

Special:

5 chaos knights
fc
mok
enscrolled weapons

Rare:

6 skull crushers
fc
enscrolled wepaons
Banner of rage

ftayl5
23-03-2013, 07:59
Prince: Why Slaanesh? Unless you're planning to use shadow...
I would change him to Nurgle. The -1 to hit is awesome, the lore attribute is very good and the lore of nurgle is very solid.

Would drop the full command on the knights. 10pts each, that's another dog unit in total. I'd keep the banner but drop the other two. Same with the warriors and skull crushers.

zielonkak
23-03-2013, 15:17
I like the command on the units. In not big on shields and Halbreds though. I would drop the shields, the poison on dogs and maybe a unit champ and you could add a sixth knight.

Mullitron
23-03-2013, 17:34
Thanks for the advice, I know the shields with halberds are probably not the best choice, but I like the way models look with them both. As for mos instead of mon on the prince, I'am aware that the mon is great, especially combined with the princes high ws not to mention the strong lore attribute and spells. That being said, the mos lore looks like fun to learn to use and the hysterical frenzy spell could make the skull crushers pretty nasty in combat.

Do you think the absence of a hellcannon will be something I will regret?

Avian
23-03-2013, 17:43
Hellcannons can be a bit hit and miss, I feel.

Personally I'd try to find the points for Vanguard on the puppies.

Mullitron
23-03-2013, 17:56
Hellcannons can be a bit hit and miss, I feel.

Personally I'd try to find the points for Vanguard on the puppies.

Ok cheers, I could drop the spell familiar (though reducing my chances of getting hysterical frenzy) giving me the points to upgrade both hound units.

zielonkak
23-03-2013, 19:01
U can model the warriors any way, and not pay the points for the shields. There is no whizzy wig in fantasy

Avian
24-03-2013, 00:33
Eh?

Personally I'd rather drop both cavalry champions. I find that the mandatory challenges means that often they lock the rest of the unit out of combat.

MyNameDidntFit
24-03-2013, 03:25
I'd drop the Banner of Rage. It's pretty much useless...