PDA

View Full Version : So magic weapons wielded by heroes aren't magical attacks?

IcedCrow
22-03-2013, 18:07
This one came up today... and wow it kind of really boggles my mind how illogical it is if its true:

A weapon must specifically state "magical attacks" for it to be magical? So a magic sword wielded by a hero does not confer magical attacks?

EDIT: nevermind. FAQ saved me i should just look there first =P

Blkc57
22-03-2013, 18:33
Q: What are ‘magical attacks’? (p68)
A: All attacks made by spells and magic items are considered to be magical attacks, as are all attacks that are specifically noted as being magical attacks. Shots fired from magical items are also considered to be magical attacks, unless their description specifically states otherwise. Hits inflicted by rolls on the Miscast table are treated as magical attacks.

The bold part is my doing to highlight the relevant section for you. You are attacking with a magic item therefore you have magical attacks. Today my friend you didn't play a person, but a gigantic package of Summer's Eve feminine product.

Iraf
22-03-2013, 18:34
Q: What are ‘magical attacks’? (p68)
A: All attacks made by spells and magic items are considered to be magical attacks, as are all attacks that are specifically noted as being magical attacks. Shots fired from magical items are also considered to be magical attacks, unless their description specifically states otherwise. Hits inflicted by rolls on the Miscast table are treated as magical attacks.

From warhammer Rulebook v1.7 FaQ

Blkc57
22-03-2013, 18:38
Yay! I beat Iraf to the punch for once!

Iraf
22-03-2013, 19:42
Yay! I beat Iraf to the punch for once!

I was driving! Good job :D