PDA

View Full Version : Does the mark of Tzeench improve parry saves?

Valden
25-03-2013, 21:22
I apologise if the answer to this question seems obvious to others, but I find the new rule's wording ambiguous. The mark of Tzeench provides a 6+ ward save (as it did before), or it improves an existing ward save by 1. I believe the wording in the 7th edition book made clear that it would improve a ward save "from any source" by 1, so given that the wording of the rule has changed, does this mean the parry save (a close combat ward save) is no longer improved by the mark of Tzeench?

Avian
25-03-2013, 21:42
I'm not sure why you think the current wording is somehow in opposition to the previous. Surely if the parry save didn't exist, you couldn't roll for it?

Valden
25-03-2013, 21:51
The previous said "from any source", whereas the current just says an existing ward save. The former obviously includes a parry save, but the latter could only refer to ward saves granted by magic items. So I'd just like to know whether the mark of Tzeench can still be used to improve parry saves.

hamsterwheel
25-03-2013, 21:54
A parry save is a ward save with restrictions.

Avian
25-03-2013, 22:53
The former obviously includes a parry save, but the latter could only refer to ward saves granted by magic items.
I'm struggling to see where in the text there is anything that could give you that impression.